Livingston - all the threads merged

Speaking from personal experience, I’ve worked with countless CEO’s who have impressive experience on paper and yet soon showed that they couldn’t run a ménage, never mind a business. 

Anyway, I’m sure you have more pressing stuff to be getting on with than discussing the CEO position at Livingston. Or maybe you don’t. 

2 hours ago, mozam76 said:

Speaking from personal experience, I’ve worked with countless CEO’s who have impressive experience on paper and yet soon showed that they couldn’t run a ménage, never mind a business. 

Anyway, I’m sure you have more pressing stuff to be getting on with than discussing the CEO position at Livingston. Or maybe you don’t. 

Yeah let's get back to wasting time on the real issues here - can you believe a pie and a diet coke at a livi game cost me £6.60?

Edited by Roger the cabin boy

3 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Yeah let's get back to wasting time on the real issues here - can you believe a pie and a diet coke at a livi game cost me £6.60???!

If the price advertised on the board added up to that amount then yes, I can well believe it. 

2 hours ago, mozam76 said:

If the price advertised on the board added up to that amount then yes, I can well believe it. 

Prices weren’t there, so I just took the numbers they gave me at face value.

“The directors of the company have elected not to include a copy of the match day menu within the financial statements”

Edited by Roger the cabin boy

30 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Are the other accounts in the room with us now? 

demonsintheroom.jpeg

Mind and show your mum all this cool internet stuff you're doing. She'll be impressed how you use pictures.

14 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

You boys used to have top tier banter posters. A load of sound ones and not much else. Now you're all sound and this guy Cabin. Yikes. 

#FreeLiviCurryCider

37 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

You boys used to have top tier banter posters. A load of sound ones and not much else. Now you're all sound and this guy Cabin. Yikes. 

Just you wait until the takeover happens. Chinese billionaire backed Livi will have us all on the wind up non-stop. 

Livingston striker had no doubts the tide would turn after poor first season - Daily Record

Guthrie actually seems like a good guy. Didn't let the boos get to him, or take it to heart, just got his head down and worked hard. 

"It's nice to get recognition but I'm more concerned about the people in the dressing room.

"They know my character and what I'm like away from football. What people get to see in 90 minutes doesn't define who you are. I appreciate it, but I'm not going to get carried away. I don't rely on one good game to determine who I am. I just go out and be myself. I like being out there and competing and working for the boys.

“When you're scoring goals and winning, everyone loves you. When you're losing and not scoring you're the villain.”

16 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Livingston striker had no doubts the tide would turn after poor first season - Daily Record

Guthrie actually seems like a good guy. Didn't let the boos get to him, or take it to heart, just got his head down and worked hard. 

"It's nice to get recognition but I'm more concerned about the people in the dressing room.

"They know my character and what I'm like away from football. What people get to see in 90 minutes doesn't define who you are. I appreciate it, but I'm not going to get carried away. I don't rely on one good game to determine who I am. I just go out and be myself. I like being out there and competing and working for the boys.

“When you're scoring goals and winning, everyone loves you. When you're losing and not scoring you're the villain.”

I got the impression the folk that were "outraged" at his attitude in interview last season are the same ones who felt Shamal George shouldn't be smiling in Asda after a defeat

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I got the impression the folk that were "outraged" at his attitude in interview last season are the same ones who felt Shamal George shouldn't be smiling in Asda after a defeat

It was the exact same, the outrage was that he was chewing gum while being interviewed after the defeat, which clearly showed that he doesn't care.

On 26/08/2023 at 18:01, LiviLion said:

Was expecting to be on 0 points after those first 3 games so to be on 4 is a pleasant surprise. If we end up holding onto Nouble until January at least I'll be very happy.

You're certainly not on your own ;)

Thought we could take pts off Hibs, but didn't expect us to be so good in attack, and score 3 goals going on 5 or 6.

It's interesting seeing how Nouble will play going forward this season, a combo of sitting deeper to take the ball out from our half and spraying passes about in behind the opposition defenders, and getting himself up the pitch the odd time to get in on goal himself would be great.

Been used to seeing him as our focal point in attack for knocking the ball up to, then getting to the byeline or in on goal, but the way he's played against Ayr and Hibs looks even better. Really hadn't noticed how good a passer of the ball he is.

Solves the problem of when we bring it out of defence and get to the halfway line, and everything slows right down, then we ended up playing it back again, before aimlessly lumping it up the pitch. Getting it up to Nouble just inside our half, immediately opens up opportunities to attack, because he's capable of just going forward with it himself too, if nothing is opening up, which puts the opposition on the back foot and opens gaps for our players to make runs. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Not that I think he'll go, and I reckon he'll be in charge for a long time to come - but genuinely who would people think would be in the frame if Martindale got the Hibs job? Purely for the sake of conversation as I don't reckon it'll happen, nor do I want it to. 

Edited by ATLIS

23 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Not that I think he'll go, and I reckon he'll be in charge for a long time to come - but genuinely who would people think would be in the frame if Martindale got the Hibs job? Purely for the sake of conversation as I don't reckon it'll happen, nor do I want it to. 

Oooft, jings. 

I would imagine the names in the frame would be people who have worked at our place before. Dougie Imrie and Marvin Bartley being the obvious ones. Ian Murray really impresses me too, any time I’ve seen his teams play. As long as it’s someone young and not some managerial merry-go-round dinosaur. 

To be honest, I think it’s a bit of a moot point as I fear we’d have far bigger issues than looking for a new manager if Martindale were to leave. That’s another discussion though. 

1 minute ago, mozam76 said:

Oooft, jings. 

I would imagine the names in the frame would be people who have worked at our place before. Dougie Imrie and Marvin Bartley being the obvious ones. Ian Murray really impresses me too, any time I’ve seen his teams play. As long as it’s someone young and not some managerial merry-go-round dinosaur. 

To be honest, I think it’s a bit of a moot point as I fear we’d have far bigger issues than looking for a new manager if Martindale were to leave. That’s another discussion though. 

Those were the three names I had along with Rhys McCabe as well. Agreed on bigger issues if he does go though, he's created a club structure that runs smoothly year on year.