Livingston - all the threads merged

15 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Not sure youl hear that again D.Colin Brown our long serving stadium announcer has been relieved of his duties apparently. 🤷‍♂️😢.

I had noticed his absence recently and presumed he was on holiday or had other commitments. 

Would be very sad if he's been asked to step aside. 

28 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

I had noticed his absence recently and presumed he was on holiday or had other commitments. 

Generally seemed pretty reliable - the only criticism I had, other than his awful catch-phrase, was that time that we had a young pipe band entertaining us at half time (boys brigade?) and he proceeded to make announcements all the way through; most of which were unnecessary.

10 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Looks like Tony Macaroni aren't fancying extending their Stadium Naming Rights.

Of all the shite stadium names we've had, the Spaghettihad will live on

I hope Livi come through this, never nice to see the shenanigans some Clubs fans have to put up with, we had a near miss with a guy called Reg Brearley, a really close call for us by all accounts….

As for the splendidly named Spaghettihad, it is definitely up there along with the Tattiedome and Castle Greyskull 😬

3 minutes ago, meadowroadsaint said:

I hope Livi come through this, never nice to see the shenanigans some Clubs fans have to put up with, we had a near miss with a guy called Reg Brearley, a really close call for us by all accounts….

As for the splendidly named Spaghettihad, it is definitely up there along with the Tattiedome and Castle Greyskull 😬

Didn't Morton fans start calling the St Mirren stadium the Methadrome? 

1 minute ago, meadowroadsaint said:

Castle Greyskull 😬

This one always annoyed me an unnecessary amount as it's where the good guys live (even though it looks dark and evil). Snake Mountain for me.

6 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Didn't Morton fans start calling the St Mirren stadium the Methadrome? 

Aye….and we call them the Soap Dodgers. Paisley Panda got sacked for standing in front of the Caledonian Stand ,which was full of Morton fans ,at Love Street after pulling out a tin of deodorant and making a spraying motion 😂😂😂 I think the Cops got involved as well on the day IIRC. Saints fans might confirm the last bit about the cops.

54 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

This is true sadly.

The sacking was from the top.

43 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Looks like Tony Macaroni aren't fancying extending their Stadium Naming Rights.

Of all the shite stadium names we've had, the Spaghettihad will live on

As if this season couldn't get any worse. Most fans are against stadium sponsorship but this one has been good for Livi and the banter. 

Do we still do pre match meals at Tony Mac's? Wonder if that will continue with it looking like they are dropping the shirt sponsorship as well as the stadium sponsorship. 

1 minute ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

As if this season couldn't get any worse. Most fans are against stadium sponsorship but this one has been good for Livi and the banter. 

Do we still do pre match meals at Tony Mac's? Wonder if that will continue with it looking like they are dropping the shirt sponsorship as well as the stadium sponsorship. 

I think the Spaghettihad was the only stadium nickname mentioned on Sportscene - although I could be wrong.

24 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

This one always annoyed me an unnecessary amount as it's where the good guys live (even though it looks dark and evil). Snake Mountain for me.

I miss-read that the first time thinking you were defending Sevco. Your knowledge of nineties cartoons is obviously a lot better than mine (although I think two of my kids used to watch it at the time).

37 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Aye, I’ve never got the whole Castle Greyskull reference. If it’s cartoon related, it’s Snake Mountain. 

Given the state of their support and their royalist leanings, it’ll always be Buckiengham Palace for me. 

3 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Aye, I’ve never got the whole Castle Greyskull reference. If it’s cartoon related, it’s Snake Mountain. 

Given the state of their support and their royalist leanings, it’ll always be Buckiengham Palace for me. 

Funnily enough about 30 years ago a group I worked with persuaded me to go and see them at home. We got the bus at Harthill and, just before getting there, some of the patrons asked if I was up for "a bottle of buckie under the bridge". Needless to say I declined,

I may be alone in this opinion but I thought Colin Young was a pretty poor stadium announcer. Understand he's had a long tenure but that shouldn't be a reason to not move him on if we now have a better option with the guy brought in to help with the VAR announcements.

Hopefully gets a send off at some point but I think this move is a good one.

2 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I may be alone in this opinion but I thought Colin Young was a pretty poor stadium announcer. Understand he's had a long tenure but that shouldn't be a reason to not move him on if we now have a better option with the guy brought in to help with the VAR announcements.

Hopefully gets a send off at some point but I think this move is a good one.

Nope, as i mentioned in a post a couple pages back, his voice sounded like a teenager going through puberty, the way it suddenly broke, then went all high and screechy. The quality of the speaker systems also don't help. He's went through a lot with us at Livi though, and feels like a part of the furniture.

1 hour ago, meadowroadsaint said:

Aye….and we call them the Soap Dodgers. Paisley Panda got sacked for standing in front of the Caledonian Stand ,which was full of Morton fans ,at Love Street after pulling out a tin of deodorant and making a spraying motion 😂😂😂 I think the Cops got involved as well on the day IIRC. Saints fans might confirm the last bit about the cops.

Brilliant, shame if fans can't laugh at themselves more and take the banter. 

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Nope, as i mentioned in a post a couple pages back, his voice sounded like a teenager going through puberty, the way it suddenly broke, then went all high and screechy. The quality of the speaker systems also don't help. He's went through a lot with us at Livi though, and feels like a part of the furniture.

I see the village idiots are out in force today.

This is a guy thats given 30+ years of volunteering to Livingston FC and this is how you describe him. 

There is a way about how you go about this sort of stuff and it's not the way Livi go about it  thats certainly for sure. I would also ask why is the first team manager involved in these discussions. 

@EdinburghLivi I would say that his best years are behind him. Change is always OK but its how you go about it that ls important.

Edited by Livi

20 hours ago, Durnford said:

Also in the unlikely event that we were going to be able to win promotion we'd probably have to spend a chunk on relaying a new grass pitch. With no artificial surfaces in the Premiership they're bound to ban them.

Don't think Killie are changing to grass till 2026, so doubt the grass pitch rule would kick in before that, then there'd be some form of compensation for any team in the top flight being forced to get rid of their plastic pitch. That's providing the vote goes their way. The state of Dundee's pitch, they'd be better changing it to plastic.

On 18/03/2024 at 08:52, Durnford said:

Not sure "strong support for the manager" has any bearing on it.  

My position is that every manager in any football club seems to have a finite time after which its time to move on. This can be for a variety of reasons, not just performance, but most critical is that when things start to go into meltdown they are incapable of turning things around.

There will be some that argue that we stuck with Hopkins after demotion and he took us right up again but that was different. Hopkin's was only appointed after Burchill left and relegation was clearly on the cards.

I think most would agree that Martindale has performed wonders to even keep us in the Premiership for as long as he has but in my opinion he's clearly the wrong sort of manager to take us back up. His attacking ability has never been his strong point and the current tactic or continually playing it back until finally gets to the goalkeeper who proceeds to boot it out for a throw-in is not the way to get promoted (or even avoid relegation).

Ultimately sure it must be a case of time up, and to be perfectly honest I'm not sure I can take any more of those "its my responsibility" speeches. NSS!

Yeah he's getting it in the neck for not doing the post match interviews after a defeat, letting BR do them, but there's only so many times he can say the same thing, and it's uncomfortable watching him standing there doing them.

Also think Rice is good at them, takes responsibility as a group, without naming anyone for mistakes, honest about where we are, but makes no excuses and doesn't look for anyone feeling sorry for themselves, just have to get on with it and keep working hard. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

29 minutes ago, Livi said:

I see the village idiots are out in force today.

This is a guy thats given 30+ years of volunteering to Livingston FC and this is how you describe him. 

There is a way about how you go about this sort of stuff and it's not the way Livi go about it  thats certainly for sure. I would also ask why is the first team manager involved in these discussions. 

@EdinburghLivi I would say that his best years are behind him. Change is always OK but its how you go about it that ls important.

You disagree with someone that's fine; that's what discussion forums are all about; but why do you have to resort to petty and frankly childish insults?

You seem to have been registered on the forum for a while so, unless you registered whilst you were still potty training, I assume you are not a pubescent teenager wrapped up in anger and frustration.

If you want to defend the guy or criticise the way in which he left that's fine. I am sure there re many that would respect your stance.

You and Livi4Ever obviously have a history of animosity. I don't know the history and am frankly FAR too old to waste time trolling back through posts until it first started but PLEASE; PLEASE; PLEASE can you not both sort it out? PM each other or whatever. I don't always agree with Livi4Ever but leastways have learnt to respect his opinion or at least his right to hold one even if it is contrary to mine. Through all the anger you have also shown yourself to make some good points.

At the end of the day guys we're all Livi supporters and as such a relatively rare breed. Lets fight together rather than against each other.