Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Where i do agree with you on overspend and poor administration (sends shivers down my spine using that word) is last season was a shitshow with our performances in the league, but we had 2 very good paydays from cup runs and getting the erse cheeks away, and should be showing a profit for that season, but it has prob gone on paying court cases, which aren't directly club business. 

Seems a reverse on what Rangers did, putting all their debt on a holding company, making out the club didn't go into liquidation, and keeping all their historic titles and cup wins. We're using club funds in a fight between holding companies, adding more debt onto the club.

Phew - we do agree on some things 😀

For me this is where the Trust have a big, big role to play in piecing the jigsaw together. Its not just about the accounts but also what has happened throughout that period

In 2022 the board of the club issued a statement to say "Livingston has a secure future" and had secured new funding commitments.

You have to assume those funding commitments were coming from people already involved? There was no talk of selling the club at that point ? 

Bearing in mind all of this was issued post any Covid-19 financial understanding or damage they in fact mention they have not used the Covid-19 loan to secure the future.

IMG_1990.thumb.jpeg.0237aa451bf393d886b109bc9f4b7477.jpeg 

Edited by Livi

5 hours ago, SteviePar. said:

Probably always a challenge in new towns like Livingston. A fair proportion of the population will be families originally from Glasgow and Edinburgh and want to support The Rangers or Hibs like their parents. Hopefully that draw diminishes over the years.

I’d like to read some research into football in new towns and see how we shape up against the likes of Cumbernauld, Stevenage, Telford, Runcorn, Crawley etc, what the factors are that drive success.

4 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

I’d like to read some research into football in new towns and see how we shape up against the likes of Cumbernauld, Stevenage, Telford, Runcorn, Crawley etc, what the factors are that drive success.

I’m not sure you’re comparing like for like with a couple of those places. Stevenage I know is a new town, but I don’t think any of the other English ones you’ve mentioned are. I would also imagine that Livingston’s population is lower than all of those English ones. Regarding their football clubs, and bearing in mind our successes in the last thirty years, I’d imagine our club will eclipse any of the other towns you’ve mentioned quite considerably. 

1 minute ago, mozam76 said:

I’m not sure you’re comparing like for like with a couple of those places. Stevenage I know is a new town, but I don’t think any of the other English ones you’ve mentioned are. I would also imagine that Livingston’s population is lower than all of those English ones. Regarding their football clubs, and bearing in mind our successes in the last thirty years, I’d imagine our club will eclipse any of the other towns you’ve mentioned quite considerably. 

All the English towns mentioned are new towns though that is surely an outdated term now.

20 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Muirhead and Sole on fire tonight, looks like the makings of a very nice link up there

Sole looked quality and gave us a torrid time , excellent run out for us for our first pre season game , got pumped but it's about getting the minutes in and you guys were on it from the start well done and best of luck for the season ahead 

4 minutes ago, John Hopkins said:

Much better last night against Kelty hearts. Nottingham was really good and scored a brilliant header and Muirhead had his best game yet to. Sole looked exciting and the young boy sharp seemed a useful option from the bench.

There's something i didn't think i'd ever see being said about Nottingham.:eek:

Sole and Lawal emerging as exciting prospects so far. 

1 minute ago, Freedom Farter said:

I've not been at any of these friendlies. Has it been a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3? Nottingham and Montaño as the centre back pairing? Brandon at right back? Muirhead on the right or at centre forward?

I wasn't there last night but I think Yengi has been told he's the "9" and Muirhead will play on the wing.

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

I've not been at any of these friendlies. Has it been a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3? Nottingham and Montaño as the centre back pairing? Brandon at right back? Muirhead on the right or at centre forward?

Last night looked like 4-2-3-1 for the most part. Although Pitts kind of oscillated between CM and AM and Muirhead/Sole were further up the pitch. 

LB - Clarke

CB - Montano

CB - Nottingham

RB - Brandon

DM - McAlear

DM - Green

AM - Sole

AM - Pittman

AM - Muirhead

ST - Yengi

Would say we need another CB as not sure Montano will stay fit all season and would be good to have the option to play him at LB. I would also give Winter a contract as he put in a shift when he came on and took his goals well. Difficult to judge anything from pre-season friendlies but I quite like the look of the team. Not sure if the likes of Kelly/Shamal will stay though. Brandon could be a huge player for us this season. 

27 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:

Last night looked like 4-2-3-1 for the most part. Although Pitts kind of oscillated between CM and AM and Muirhead/Sole were further up the pitch. 

LB - Clarke

CB - Montano

CB - Nottingham

RB - Brandon

DM - McAlear

DM - Green

AM - Sole

AM - Pittman

AM - Muirhead

ST - Yengi

Would say we need another CB as not sure Montano will stay fit all season and would be good to have the option to play him at LB. I would also give Winter a contract as he put in a shift when he came on and took his goals well. Difficult to judge anything from pre-season friendlies but I quite like the look of the team. Not sure if the likes of Kelly/Shamal will stay though. Brandon could be a huge player for us this season. 

Think we're about covered at CB. Both Finlayson and Donnellan can play there. I have a feeling Nottingham might suit this level better too

49 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:

Would say we need another CB as not sure Montano will stay fit all season and would be good to have the option to play him at LB.

That could be part of the thinking in moving him to centre back. Far less running is required in that position which might reduce the chance of injury. 

Is Sean Kelly still at the club? He's maybe viewed as back up to Clarke. With Montaño's potential position change, if the trade-off is we lose the option of an excellent left back but gain a dependable left centre back, that could be worthwhile.

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

That could be part of the thinking in moving him to centre back. Far less running is required in that position which might reduce the chance of injury. 

Is Sean Kelly still at the club? He's maybe viewed as back up to Clarke. With Montaño's potential position change, if the trade-off is we lose the option of an excellent left back but gain a dependable left centre back, that could be worthwhile.

Dunno Obileye seemed to get injured nearly every game, and Montano has taken a couple of hits and needed treatment in a friendly i went to, playing CB. Think it's a waste playing him there, his surging runs up the wing or through the centre are match winners at times. It got us goals and can makes things happen when it's a turgid game.

21 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dunno Obileye seemed to get injured nearly every game, and Montano has taken a couple of hits and needed treatment in a friendly i went to, playing CB. Think it's a waste playing him there, his surging runs up the wing or through the centre are match winners at times. It got us goals and can makes things happen when it's a turgid game.

Sean Kelly is no longer listed on the official site squad page so he has maybe left. That'd mean only Clarke and Montano as recognised left backs which maybe makes it less likely Montano is being viewed as a centre back option long term. His dribbling from left back is such a good attacking outlet, as you point out. Yet central defence was such a weak area last season that if he does provide the best option there I wouldn't be against it. We'll find out in the cup games whether it was just a stop-gap thing for these friendlies or not.