Livingston - all the threads merged

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is Jason Holt still the same Jason Holt I remember?

Yep, took over from Bartley as very good at buying us fouls to relieve pressure too, getting himself in front of attackers to be bumped to the ground, Very aggressive in the challenge but wins the ball fairly, usually. Really good player to have in your team. 

1 hour ago, CharlieWhisky said:

I wonder if we got our money back on Shamal

If we are able to pay off the outstanding money we owed to Colchester, it's not a disaster.

Will need to see how good Prior is but I'm convinced we must have had one of the worst goals to shots conceded record in the country over the last 2 seasons. Shamal did not save us anywhere near as much as I thought he might when he signed.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Goalkeepers
14. 🇧🇷 Marcelo Pitaluga - Loan - 2025
28. 🇫🇷 Jérôme Prior - 2025 (1 year extension clause)

Defenders
2. 🇮🇪 Shaun Donnellan - 2026
3. 🇬🇧 Matthew Clarke - 2026
4. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Ben Jackson - Loan - 2025
5. 🇦🇺 Ryan McGowan - 2026
19. 🇬🇧 Daniel Finlayson - 2025 (1 year extension clause)
21. 🇰🇳 Michael Nottingham - 2025 (?)
26. 🇨🇴 Cristian Montaño - 2025 (1 year extension clause)

Midfielders
6. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Reece McAlear - 2025 (1 year extension clause)
8. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scott Pittman - 2026
10. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Stephen Kelly - 2025
12. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jamie Brandon - 2025

18. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Olly Green - 2026
22. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Andrew Shinnie - 2025

39. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 David Carson - 2025
40. 🇳🇬 Samson Lawal - 2026

Forwards
7. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Liam Sole - 2026 (1 year extension option)
9. 🇦🇺 Tete Yengi - 2026

11. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Ricky Korboa - 2025 (1 year extension option)
15. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Lewis Smith - 2026 (1 year extension clause)
16. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Andy Winter - 2025 (1 year extension option)
17. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Stevie May - Loan - 2025
23. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Robbie Muirhead - 2026

In
Matthew Clarke - Linfield
Daniel Finlayson - Linfield
Oliver Green - Hull City
Ben Jackson - Brighton & Hove Albion (Loan)
Ricky Korboa - Woking
Stevie May - St. Johnstone (Loan)
Reece McAlear - Tranmere Rovers
Ryan McGowan - St. Johnstone
Robbie Muirhead - Greenock Morton
Marcelo Pitaluga - Liverpool (Loan)
Jérôme Prior - Pau

Lewis Smith - Hamilton Accies
Liam Sole - Maidstone United
Andy Winter - Hamilton Accies

Out
Bruce Anderson - Kilmarnock
Morgan Boyes - Greenock Morton
Steven Bradley - Hamilton Accies
Sam Culbert - Darvel (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2026

Mikey Devlin - Ayr United
Shamal George - Wycombe Wanderers

Kurtis Guthrie
Jack Hamilton - Ross County
Jason Holt - St. Johnstone
Sean Kelly - Karmiotissa
Calan Ledingham

Daniel Mackay - Hibernian (Loan Return)
Joel Nouble - Wuxi Wugu
Ayo Obileye - Cangzhou Mighty Lions

James Penrice - Heart of Midlothian
Mo Sangare - AC Bellinzona
Tommy Sharp - Gala Fairydean (Loan) - Contract Expiry ?

Lucas Stenhouse - Boness United (Loan) - Contract Expiry ?
Aphelele Teto - Chippa United (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2027
Miles Welch-Hayes - Maidenhead United (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2026

Kieran Wright - Rangers (Loan Return)

17 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

If we are able to pay off the outstanding money we owed to Colchester, it's not a disaster.

Will need to see how good Prior is but I'm convinced we must have had one of the worst goals to shots conceded record in the country over the last 2 seasons. Shamal did not save us anywhere near as much as I thought he might when he signed.

Aye, i remember one at his near post that was hit right at him and he somehow let it go over his head by crouching down as he put his arms up. Though tbf our defence didn't protect him at all last season and numerous times the likes of Devlin shirked away from shots to allow them past him towards our goal. And he's looked a lot more solid this season.

Bit that puzzles me though is this.

Men’s first-team manager David Martindale said: “We knew this was always potentially on the cards and Jerome was already recruited and in place for this eventuality, so we’ve been planning internally for Shamal’s release clause being triggered after relegation.

If we brought Prior in to replace Shamal, why didn't we at least play him in our cup group games, to get him settled into the team, instead of giving Shamal every game in the cup and league. So now we're bringing a new keeper in cold, who hasn't played any competitive games for us, makes no sense.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

57 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

If we brought Prior in to replace Shamal, why didn't we at least play him in our cup group games, to get him settled into the team, instead of giving Shamal every game in the cup and league. So now we're bringing a new keeper in cold, who hasn't played any competitive games for us, makes no sense.

To keep Shamal in the shop window I'd imagine. If he's not playing it's less likely he'll impress anyone enough to give him a contract.

Prior has been training with the team all summer and has played some games in the reserves(?) so shouldn't be a big shock to his fitness

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Shamal George saved 63% of shots faced last season. 62% the season before which is very similar to Liam Kelly and Zach Hemming of Motherwell and St Mirren respectively over the previous 2 seasons. I really don't understand all the hate for Shamal...nobody was good last season, yet he was on par with other keepers who finished much higher than us

Edited by Cptn Hooch

12 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Will need to see how good Prior is

Certainly a promising start. The save from Murray was right at him but I always credit keepers for their positioning in those instances. Again with the Dick shot it was straight at him but again he was in the right position and his speed to collect his own parry was impressive. His kicking was accurate.

On 29/08/2024 at 14:29, LIVIFOREVER said:

Don't think we've even got a GK coach since Maley left the club either.

We do, and was working really well with Shamal before he left and will do well with Jerome and Pitaluga too from what we've seen so far. 

3 hours ago, Hastie17 said:

We do, and was working really well with Shamal before he left and will do well with Jerome and Pitaluga too from what we've seen so far. 

On 29/08/2024 at 20:19, ATLIS said:

We got a goalkeeping coach in, in exchange for Bradley going to Hamilton did we not? 

IMO Shamal is okay, not a massive loss. He's not as good as a Liam Kelly, Sarkic or Stryjek but he's better than a McCrorie or McGovern. I'm hoping the experience Prior has of playing Ligue 1 football and other football at a decent level will be enough for him to succeed at this level.

👍

On 01/09/2024 at 08:54, larry the lion said:

Prior looked good in these clips to be fair...

I was impressed with his distribution. Seemed to be consistently and deliberate hitting Yengi out wide for example. Almost reminded me of when we’d push Lamie high for flick ons (almost).

On the game generally I thought an even first half and Raith edging the second. Obviously a keeper error for the goal and demonstrates the benefit to just getting something on target.

Edited by crispy

Would like to see us setting ourselves up with a more attacking starting XI against Spartans, with Lawal and/or Green playing, Muirhead and Sole starting, as well as May. I mean nobody cares about this cup till they get to the final, it's a good opportunity to try things out, against a team we've played twice and failed to score. If it works then doit in the league too, if not, well at least we gave it a go to see how we did. 

58 minutes ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

Great goal and fair play to the linesman letting Nottingham wonder on to the pitch to take the throw. 

Think it was Montano, but aye he was well onto the pitch taking the throw in.

Swings and roundabouts with not having VAR for getting decisions right, we prob get the decision for Nottingham's header going over the line against Morton, and wouldn't have got the win against Raith for a foul throw before the goal, Raith would also prob have gotten a hand ball penalty decision.

However not having every fecking goal reviewed for 5 mins before knowing if you've got the goal or not, which kills the celebration a good bit, and hanging about kicking your heels several times a game waiting on VAR reviews for hand balls etc. It's just great watching football and not having the thing sucking the joy out of goal celebrations, a quick glance at the lino to see if his flag is up, then on with the goal celebration. Plus VAR still fecks things up and gets decisions wrong, because it comes down to opinions of the people viewing the monitor, and them presenting it to the ref in a certain way.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER