Livingston - all the threads merged

That action should have been taken two months ago to avoid the situation we now have. Instead we've got the ridiculous situation where the first division is either going to be a 9 team league, or there will effectively be no automatic relegation.

Indeed.

From a Pars fans viewpoint (and probably all the other SFL1 teams) we need the SFL to gain confirmation that Livi will play all fixtures this coming season. Any hesitatation and they should be dropped...i don't know where as it would be just as unjust for SFL3 to run a nine team league as us.

If they can gain confirmation then the points penalty DF refers to is a must and any new purchaser should agree not to contest the reduction (as with Luton Town).

I have sympathy for the Livi fans and really hope whatever happens, happens quickly to prevent any more unnecessary dragging out of the situation!

So, the SFL don't have a concrete set of rules as to what to do if a club is placed in administration? Am I alone in thinking that's a bit amateurish?

The SPL and Premiership / Football League in England only introduced a formal set penalty (the ten point deduction) five years or so ago. The SFL haven't followed suit as yet but have left flexibility. Which I think is fair enough, the circumstances surrounding different administrations are not always the same - Livi have been serial offenders and even if there were a set ten point rule I think they'd still be needing to have the same discussion about the appropriate level of penalty anyway.

Edited by Yoss

This may have been asked but would all Livi players be available of a free transfer?

I'm not sure either to be honest. I'm really surprised that they had retained a squad anyway, given the writing has been on the wall for months. Surely they could have buggered off earlier anyway, for breach of contract, due to the wages constantly being paid late.

From a Pars fans viewpoint (and probably all the other SFL1 teams) we need the SFL to gain confirmation that Livi will play all fixtures this coming season. Any hesitatation and they should be dropped...i don't know where as it would be just as unjust for SFL3 to run a nine team league as us.

If they can gain confirmation then the points penalty DF refers to is a must and any new purchaser should agree not to contest the reduction (as with Luton Town).

I have sympathy for the Livi fans and really hope whatever happens, happens quickly to prevent any more unnecessary dragging out of the situation!

One has to presume this has already been achieved. It would be an act of staggering incompetence (par for the course though it may be) for the SFL to have taken absolutely zero action thus far in the demise of a football club which has been open for all to see.

This may have been asked but would all Livi players be available of a free transfer?

Surely not, Livi have very few assets beyond their playing squad and although the term 'fire sale' springs to mind I doubt that they'll be available for free .

Guest Flash

I posted this on the Queens v Livi thread

Don't think so. I think registrations revert to the SFL only if the club resigns, or is expelled from the League. I can't find anything else in the rules regarding player registrations that is relevant, but there could be something else as I just read through it quickly. Also, I'm not sure if there is anything in the SFA rules.

Reversion of Transfer of Registration Rights

51B. Subject to the terms of Rule 51A above, if any other club is expelled, resigns, retires or ceases to be a member of the League, the Players whose names appear on the Club and Transfer Lists of such clubs shall be held by the League, who shall fix the transfer fees of all such players.

51B.1 The amount to be received shall belong to the League, but the Management Committee shall have the power to grant to such club (if its conduct has not been unsatisfactory) a sum not exceeding two-thirds of the amount received.

51B.2 However, where cessation of membership has resulted from insolvency of the club and the appointed Official Liquidator, Receiver, Administrator, Trustee in Bankruptcy, Judicial Factor or such other officer has intimated to the League the resignation of the club in terms of these Rules, then the Management Committee shall grant to the appointed Official Liquidator, Receiver, Administrator, Trustee in Bankruptcy, Judicial Factor or other such officer the whole amount received after deduction of a sum equal to any debts owed by the club to The Scottish

Football League and its members.

Don't think so- I think only if the contracts have been broken are they allowed to go. They are still 'assets' of Livingston and the administrators will put them up for sale to get money. Unless anyone can correct me....

I'm not sure either to be honest. I'm really surprised that they had retained a squad anyway, given the writing has been on the wall for months. Surely they could have buggered off earlier anyway, for breach of contract, due to the wages constantly being paid late.

David Winters and Danny Griffin signed extensions not so very long ago, did they not? You really have to question whoever advises these guys.

Airdrie fans probably have a right to be quite bitter about the way this has all been handled (or not handled, as the case may be).

In all honesty, I don't really mind.

We don't have the fanbase or financial backing to compete as a first division club any more, so promotion by default would have been a disaster.

I hope to have a good tilt at the second division title this year, and earn our place in the first by right. Should we go up, it would take an astounding chain of events, or a change in ownersship, to keep us there.

I think in either case - nine teams or Livi with a bunch dropped points and all their "best" players gone - there will be no automatic relegation this season. Which is great, so far as it goes, but kind of makes a mockery of the league. And, as you say, this should have been sorted out months ago. This situations was obvious to anyone with half a clue. The SLF have no clue, it would seem.

Either way, Airdrie fans probably have a right to be quite bitter about the way this has all been handled (or not handled, as the case may be).

Tbh it's not really anything to with our situation, we deserve to be in this league and I feel it will actually benefit us rather than getting another dodgy promotion and trying to paper over cracks again. It's more that everyone could see what was going to happen, yet they didn't have the balls to make a pro-active decision and, at the very least, relegate them. Instead they just seemed to hope the problem would go away. By fannying about doing nothing the first division is going to be a bit of a joke this year. Assuming they get a points deduction there will be no point them turning up.

massone is denying the club are in admin to some supporters as well

he is saying it is not effective till the 18th August

I think the looney bin are looking for him right now

Massone get back to rome and leave us alone you insane penniless liar

David Winters and Danny Griffin signed extensions not so very long ago, did they not? You really have to question whoever advises these guys.

Jeez, if that's the case both these players need to have a word with themselves. Loyalty has to be admired, but that really is stupid beyond belief.