Livingston - all the threads merged

PP is not a Livi fan. Shei s an English lawyer who has taken an interest in the whole thing for some reason or other. She also posts on livilions as watcher.

You do realise that if Livi fold tomorrow the creditors will get nothing. if Massone sells (unlikely) and the new group take over they will have to give a guarantee that there will be a creditor settlement. So basically Livi survive creditors are paid. Livi fold zilch.

How many pence in the pound? If you don't pay them in full you can f**k off and take your next rich knight in dubiously shining armour with you.

Edited by vikingTON

Guest Flash
So, as far as I can see, the only way LFC could survive now, bar Massone doing a u-turn, is if the new perspective owner(s) paid off all the creditors in full, thus making the company solvent, and, therefore, allowing - within the SFL rules - a transfer of the assets/membership to a new company?

I think we may as well say game over. :(

Massone has to do a u-turn before anything else can happen because if he doesn't, there won't be any new owners.

So, as far as I can see, the only way LFC could survive now, bar Massone doing a u-turn, is if the new perspective owner(s) paid off all the creditors in full, thus making the company solvent, and, therefore, allowing - within the SFL rules - a transfer of the assets/membership to a new company?

I think we may as well say game over. :(

I'd think so because even if Massone does sell the shares how can anyone cast iron guarantee, for that is what it would need to be, that Livi will be able to agree a CVA. (unless of course they already know that it will be accepted)

Don't really give a shit what you think, to be honest. There was a thread on Liviloins last night with a few of the posters saying much the same as the one I quoted above. The thread has now been deleted by the Nazis in charge. Free speech not welcome over there ?

The "Trust" are not innocent in all of this. They pursued an agenda and the result is the club might disappear. Their council lacky Peter Johnstone has gone awfully quiet now.

Yeh, whatever :rolleyes:

As a fan you have done hee haw too - yeh, whatever :rolleyes:

Have you mis-read what the current Administrator said had the Coouncil not done it HMRC would have - again print what you want to print as long as it suits your vandetta against the Trust - yeh, whatever :rolleyes:

Am sure you will be at the Open meeting tonight, when in actual fact there is no reason for photo's to be taken, but am sure you will think otherwise just to be there. I'd put you in the Massone camp and ban you from such meeting after your bile on here - yeh, whatever :rolleyes:

Edited by Livi

The SFL may be tempted to tip Livi down into the Third Division today, at the same time promoting Airdrie and Cowdenbeath, to give the potential investors every chance of saving the club. I know this would be against their rules but a lot of people are trying to save the club.

As far as the creditors are concerned, they appear to be mainly WLC, Massone and the Inland Revenue so no tears shed there if they lose their dosh. :D:D

I've just had a quick look at the financial requirement's of the SFA's National Club Licensing scheme. here

Can anyone tell me if SFL clubs actually need to have a Club License from the SFA or is it just SPL clubs? (Do SPL clubs even need it?) Even if it is required do the SFA rigorously check and enforce the rules/recommendations?

I believe QOS did a lot of work in getting themselves an SFAclub license - but suspect this was mainly to be able to play in last season's UEFA Cup.

On the surface of it - if this scheme was properly monitored and policed it *might* make errant Scottish football clubs more financially responsible.

Comments??

The SFL may be tempted to tip Livi down into the Third Division today, at the same time promoting Airdrie and Cowdenbeath, to give the potential investors every chance of saving the club. I know this would be against their rules but a lot of people are trying to save the club.

As far as the creditors are concerned, they appear to be mainly WLC, Massone and the Inland Revenue so no tears shed there if they lose their dosh. :D:D

You're assuming Massone hands over his shares of course. Unless he does then it's the big goodbye for them, but getting relegated to Division Three is the best case scenario if Massone does the decent thing, as far as I can see.

Guest maxwell5
welcome airdrie to the 1st devision bye bye livi :(

livi and gretna never be forgotten R.I.P

What about Airdrie and The name of Clydebank FC ? :o

The trouble with Livingston is not the squad (they still have players) or the ground (WLC will ensure it has a safety certificate in time), but that they are insolvent.

I thought the ground lost its safety cerificate because the leccy was cut off. Has someone ponied up the 30K required to pay the bill?

Stuart

I thought the ground lost its safety cerificate because the leccy was cut off. Has someone ponied up the 30K required to pay the bill?

Stuart

I've heard from a reliable source it was paid by the offices at Almondvale and that they intended to bill Massone for it. Two chances of them getting that back right now, if true. None and.....er, that's it!

I can't keep up with this thread any more! Will you all just put one line answers & I will be able to read them easier through my tear stung eyes? :(

Livi-lass - was that you giving Massone pelters on the BBC Scottish news last night? I thought the skinny ginger boy was either going to greet or smack Massone.

Dry your eyes - and get behind the trust and hopefully a new better fan-owned-and-run Livingston club can arise from the ashes. ;)

Dry your eyes - and get behind the trust and hopefully a new better fan-owned-and-run Livingston club can arise from the ashes. ;)

Do you even know if the trust plans to start a new Livingston FC if it ends today?

And whats your take on the accusations that they've "helped" the situation get to where it is?

I can't believe how easily you are seduced by the word "trust".

PP is not a Livi fan. Shei s an English lawyer who has taken an interest in the whole thing for some reason or other. She also posts on livilions as watcher.

You do realise that if Livi fold tomorrow the creditors will get nothing. if Massone sells (unlikely) and the new group take over they will have to give a guarantee that there will be a creditor settlement. So basically Livi survive creditors are paid. Livi fold zilch.

Yeah, like last time. Livvy never pay, and exist solely on the proceeds and benefits accrued by not paying. Time for Livvy to pay the price for their profligate past.

It's time for you lot to prove your claim that "it means everything to us" and get out there and start afresh. I was a major critic of all things Gretna, but my God, those supporters have redeemed themselves through sheer hard work, and now have a little club to be proud of. I'd have thought Livvy supporters would have been attracted to something they could be proud of as opposed to something any right minded individual would be ashamed to be associated with.

It's time to pay the price for your sordid past. Start afresh with some honesty and integrity, and I would be among the first to put a few quid in the bucket.

Edited by Guest

This quote from Massone is absolutely mind boggling

He doesnt know why its an urgent meeting? :o And he thinks they'll get away with a fine? :o:o

This made me laugh! He also did not know why the fans chased him round the car park or when he begged Liam fox for help he was told to f**k off! You cannot top this man's carry on! :lol: There was potential there for the best reality TV show ever.