Livingston - all the threads merged

You won't be expelled: but let's imagine if you were - what would your case be based upon? You have breached Rule 28, which talks of "any game" btw... Do you expect the Court to rule on the moralities of the situation? No. The Court would rule on the legitimacy of SFL ruling via Rule 28...

Our case would be based on the SFL going against their own rules by telling us to play before the 10 days to appeal were up.

Our case would be based on the SFL going against their own rules by telling us to play before the 10 days to appeal were up.

For crying out loud, they were not going against their own rules.

Saying over and over again that they were will not suddenly make it true.

McGruther has already confirmed that whatever decision is taken by the SFL will be final - win, lose or draw he won't be taking it further.

I believe that is only for the relegation/promotion case, he said that for.

You seem to be going on the opinion that your interpretation is correct, which is debateable.

It might have been clear to you but it was anything but to me... I suppose it's down to interpretation...or the fact that you and those that got it are super-beings and me a the boy fae Livi are just thick as mince :ph34r:

Hot dog - we have a weiner :rolleyes:

It wasn't funny, that's why we didn't get it.

:lol:

Ah, the good ol' "I didnt get it so it wasnt funny" routine :rolleyes:

You two make a wonderful double act. Ever thought of getting together and running a football club?

You know, I was once caught driving a car which had some defects, I got a fixed penalty (he did offer me a day in court, but I knew the penalty would be much more severe) and sent on my way. I knew I was guilty and didn't argue with the copper. I got the car fixed, kept my head down and stayed away from the cops for a while.

But not you lot you just keep going and dig the hole deeper. :angry::angry:

You see I'm NOT arguing & I have accepted the punishment, the admin chap McGruther has not! :angry::angry:

Oh please HJ and only in the interests of a bit of light relief on this thread, while you might make a case for Livi having got to the final on unaffordable debt funded players (and we are talking about the likes of Stuart Lovell who we deemed not good enough, a view I didn't share) once at the final Hibs lost through the same stupid Mr Blobby high ball tactics into the land of giants we had witnessed come to grief only the week before against Aberdeen.

Right, back to the grave dancing and SFL and Jim B bashing ...

Didn't say I agree WJR ;)!! Maybe with balanced books Livi'd only have afforded midget CBs :lol:?

Edited by HibeeJibee

76.4 The appeal shall, however, be deemed to have succeeded unless the decision of the Management

Committee is supported by a majority of the votes cast at the said Special General Meeting.

Appeal received and acknowledged by the SFL on Friday pm. Livi remain in Division 1 till appeal is heard. Livi offer to play at Ross County. Strangely refused by SFL who in effect were ignoring their own rules regarding Saturday's fixtures. They are confused poor things. They have been asked to think more than once in a week. Sad for them I am. :rolleyes:

Edited by jimbo

I'm not sure whether to be pleased or offended that I missed the shortlist. Not that I would have expected to be able to hold a candle to Duncan or Kingfae when it came to the final vote.

We just want football, to be honest. However, we should go to the courts if we get expelled.

That would be unfair. The SFL know nothing of lying in court. Livingston FC are the absolute masters of the courtroom having spent more time there than any other club in history.

Edited by Guest

Appeal received and acknowledged by the SFL on Friday pm. Livi remain in Division 1 till appeal is heard. Livi offer to play at Ross County. Strangely refused by SFL who in effect were ignoring their own rules regarding Saturday's fixtures. They are confused poor things. They have been asked to think more than once in a week. Sad for them I am. :rolleyes:

But as SCM regularly observes... it depends on your intrepretation of 'appeal', and intepretation of whether a clubs 'appeal' exists from [1] the moment the club appeals; or [2] the moment the SGM convenes. The SFL are not thick, they aren't idiots, so lets not all go around pretending that they have got it all wrong and Livi/McGruther/Livi fans have got it all right ;). The only way to settle it finally is in a Court of Law, and the issue over the appeal is not going to end up in a Court of Law.

Edited by HibeeJibee

I'm not sure whether to be pleased or offended that I missed the shortlist. Not that I would have expected to be able to hold a candle to Duncan or Kingfae when it came to the final vote.

Yes, but I am a one trick pony. You have brought infinite variation.

76.4 The appeal shall, however, be deemed to have succeeded unless the decision of the Management

Committee is supported by a majority of the votes cast at the said Special General Meeting.

I'm getting deja vu. Didn't I read this 30 pages ago?