Livingston - all the threads merged

No it was in reaction to the phone call due to a post on a football forum! :o:o

It's very simple and no problem. My father is a friend of Rankbadyins. It was him that called me yesterday. He never said anything he told me was not to be repeated. He phoned me again this morning in a rather jovial mood to say that his pal had been back on the phone and that they managed to deduce between themselves (due to the contents of my post) that The Ghost of Jim Morton was the son of his friend.I then believe they had a good laugh about it. I was delighted to find that NR was either reading this forum or that someone close to him was and was feeding information back to him. My father tells me he is a "bloody nice bloke" and I have no doubt that he is, but as a football fan who hates the idea of anyone setting out to MAKE PROFIT from a football club I told him (my dad) that I thought Rankine was a chancer who was using Livi to generate personal wealth..He has not amassed a personal fortune by being charitable. That may be the way it goes in business, but for me, football is not like any other business and the ruthlessness that permiates elsewhere has no place at our table..

It's very simple and no problem. My father is a friend of Rankbadyins. It was him that called me yesterday. He never said anything he told me was not to be repeated. He phoned me again this morning in a rather jovial mood to say that his pal had been back on the phone and that they managed to deduce between themselves (due to the contents of my post) that The Ghost of Jim Morton was the son of his friend.I then believe they had a good laugh about it. I was delighted to find that NR was either reading this forum or that someone close to him was and was feeding information back to him. My father tells me he is a "bloody nice bloke" and I have no doubt that he is, but as a football fan who hates the idea of anyone setting out to MAKE PROFIT from a football club I told him (my dad) that I thought Rankine was a chancer who was using Livi to generate personal wealth..He has not amassed a personal fortune by being charitable. That may be the way it goes in business, but for me, football is not like any other business and the ruthlessness that permiates elsewhere has no place at our table..

The real laugh is that everyone involved at Livi is trying to screw the rest of them over, it will all come crashing down and Nixon will be left to face the music, nothing less than he deserves though.

I saw a member of the trust leadership posting on a thread and bumming up the role the trust played in saving the club. Rankine must have creamed himself when he realised he was dealing with folks as naieve as Nixon and the trust. :lol:

As for more of Rankines Scotland on Sunday revelations he might do well to start looking over his shoulder as I'm sure he will have some skeletons in his closet.

Following on from standing next to Smarmy Johnston in Livi the other day, I meant to mention his dismissal in the local paper of the insinuation that money was being diverted from pensioners and into LFC. (only a politician :rolleyes: )

I seen that in the courier! Do you think it came from this thread? :lol:

The BBC take stuff from Livilions all the time too! :rolleyes:

I seen that in the courier! Do you think it came from this thread? :lol:

The BBC take stuff from Livilions all the time too! :rolleyes:

Well it could be said that the £450,000 written off to Livi would have gone a long way to meeting the bill for unbudgeted expenditure in 2009/10 of £1.032 million on the Deans South site, which according to committe documents will now be met through additional borrowing!!

Livi FC and Johnston have a lot to answer for.

Well it could be said that the £450,000 written off to Livi would have gone a long way to meeting the bill for unbudgeted expenditure in 2009/10 of £1.032 million on the Deans South site, which according to committe documents will now be met through additional borrowing!!

Borrowing which will have to be paid back + interest. In addition to which the rent for Almondvale (council-built) has been slashed. This recent debacle has probably cost each man, single mother, infantile child and feeble crone in West Lothian somewhere in region of £15 to £20 each. Scandal.

Borrowing which will have to be paid back + interest. In addition to which the rent for Almondvale (council-built) has been slashed. This recent debacle has probably cost each man, single mother, infantile child and feeble crone in West Lothian somewhere in region of £15 to £20 each. Scandal.

One that they will attempt to sweep under the carpet with the new "nothing but positivety" song being sung in the hallowed halls of Almondvale Stadium and West Lothian House.

No it was in reaction to the phone call due to a post on a football forum! :o :o

You should have tried being a Berwick fan a couple of years ago <_<

Wilson really didn't like us :D

I saw a member of the trust leadership posting on a thread and bumming up the role the trust played in saving the club. Rankine must have creamed himself when he realised he was dealing with folks as naieve as Nixon and the trust.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't forget the takings from the "Trust" buckets have been stuck on at Willie Hills and when Livi win the league the shortfall will be covered no problem :lol:

Pretty much everyone who has thought about it for more than 30 seconds seems to agree that by far the most likely reason that this awkward collection of individuals have come together at Livingston is for personal gain by selling the ground. The only obstacle would be in getting the council to sell the ground to them at a price at which they would be able to make a profit on it. Given the assistance the new board have had from the council, or at least individuals there, is it likely or even possible that said councillors will come to personally share in the gains made by selling the ground and relocating?

Normally a situation of such blatant theft by a councillor might seem far fetched, but given the assistance given to the new board so far, can corruption to that extent be ruled out on this occasion?

They'd be as well coming down to games then, cause we'll get their money off them one way or another. :ph34r:

Given the assistance the new board have had from the council, or at least individuals there, is it likely or even possible that said councillors will come to personally share in the gains made by selling the ground and relocating?

They should move back to Edinburgh and rename themselves as Meadowbank, admit franchise didn't work and start again. I take it all Livingston fans will be as happy with that as they were with the original move to Livingston in 1995.