Livingston - all the threads merged

Ahoj!

I've heard that the SFL management committee are due to meet next Monday to determine the punishment for Livi (cheating scum) scratching the opening day fixture.

Why are they taking so long?

Borys

266 posts about another team on a third division forum - indeed you are Sir C. ;)

Y'see, that misses the point entirely. The interest here isn't all about "another club". If it's an obsession, then it is a worthy one as the football and business world outwith Livingston would do well to keep a beady eye on what is happening in West Lothian. Drive around many of the towns of thedistrict, and they are (for want of a better phrase) shitholes badly in need of investment. Yet the council leader seems hell bent on pumping public money into one private company on terms unavailable to all others. There has been fully fourteen years of serious malpractice by a football club in Livingston, and it is being propped up by public funds at a time when the very clear message is that public spending is having to be checked and re-checked every where else except Livingston.

The run of bad luck associated with Hunter to Keane to Flynne to Massone has to have a base somewhere. Something about West Lothian makes it hugely attractive for those wishing to rip people off. Most councils would distance themselves from such people, but not in West Lothian where it seems they are positively embraced.

The external interest comes from watching a club whose modus operandi from the very start has been to effectively steal close to a million or so pounds a season in order to satisfy the egos of a few hundred followers. Many believe that that self same ethos continues today in that the club are clearly spending more than they earn, and are once again, in the views of many, being managed by more shadey characters with yet more inexplicable public money support from a council leader who has raised more than a few eyebrows with what seems to be an unjustifiable frittering of public funds that would be better spent elsewhere.

AsI say, if it is an obsession, it is one that is well worthwhile pursuing. PLL has stated that people are still on the owners case. I hope so, but to date, voices of concern are quickly drowned out by the sycophantic element of the support who content themselves by saying "lets not spend more than we earn" while in their heart or hearts, they know damn well that they already are overspending.

As way of example, my friend's pub has recently packed in Sky. For a licensed premises, the cost was over £1200 a month. I believe the stadium's bar holds such a Sky subscription which will cost much the same, yet the bar regularly draws less than a couple of dozen people half a dozen nights a month. Surely that doesn't make any financial sense whatsoever when a bar that sells 2,000 pints a week (my mates) finds Sky too expensive.

I mentioned previously, but I'll mention it again. It's another indicator of the kind of weird club that Livingston is. Since their "inception", Livingston have gone through more managers in 14 years than Glasgow Rangers have had since their founding in 1873.

Edited by Guest

I've heard that the SFL management committee are due to meet next Monday to determine the punishment for Livi (cheating scum) scratching the opening day fixture.

Hopefully a pts deduction of sufficient severity to act as discouragement. And compensation to ES.

Apoligies if this has already been posted and answered, quite truthfully I cannot be bothered trawling through 1000s of posts. A Livi fan I know is banging on that if there is a distinct possibility that Livi will take the SFL to the law courts over the legality of the relegation. The main stickling point been that Airdrie's Chairman sat on the commission and obviously had a vetted interest in what happened (I know Jim Ballantyne sat on the hearing committee). Is there any truth in this or is it just speculation.

Apoligies if this has already been posted and answered, quite truthfully I cannot be bothered trawling through 1000s of posts. A Livi fan I know is banging on that if there is a distinct possibility that Livi will take the SFL to the law courts over the legality of the relegation. The main stickling point been that Airdrie's Chairman sat on the commission and obviously had a vetted interest in what happened (I know Jim Ballantyne sat on the hearing committee). Is there any truth in this or is it just speculation.

Not a clue mate but the way this is dragging on if theres no points deduction i think i will take the SFL to court and Livi can take me to court and the court could be taken to court and then the ......................we could all f**k off maybe and Livi could gies peace :angry:

It is in the articles of association of BOTH the SFA and the SFL that if any club challanges any decision in the Law courts they will be kicked out of both organisations.

It has also been stated that both ballantyne and the cowdenbeath rep didnt vote due too having a vested intrest in the outcome.

They can do whatever the f**k they want, they'll lose. So I positively encourage them to use their resources for this dead-end.

It is in the articles of association of BOTH the SFA and the SFL that if any club challanges any decision in the Law courts they will be kicked out of both organisations.

It has also been stated that both ballantyne and the cowdenbeath rep didnt vote due too having a vested intrest in the outcome.

At least that has cleared my query up. I thought the SFL rules would have stated that anyone with an interest in any matter would not be allowed to vote/sit in on the matter. I am lead to believe league management committee meet on Monday regarding points deduction.

In appealing to the SFA, Livingston explicitly set aside their right of appeal to a Court of Law, according to football 'law'. Of course they can go to Court anyway if they want (as they did over Kachloul?) but consequences could be grave. Regarding Ballantyne - he does not represent his club on the SFL MC, and regardless abstained from voting. In neither football 'law', nor Scots law, could that be construed to be corruption IMO. What would Livi's case be...?

:lol::lol::lol:

If that is true, it sums up the utter fucking stupidity, ludicrousness and back-slapping hypocrisy of Scottish football.

:lol::lol::lol:

If that is true, it sums up the utter fucking stupidity, ludicrousness and back-slapping hypocrisy of Scottish football.

:huh: it is common in nearly every sporting body on earth FFS - otherwise, every quibble would end up in Court... In Scotland, clubs have the right of appeal to their governing body (SFL) then to the national association (SFA) - at which point subsequently taking a lost appeal to the Law Courts is forbidden. You may still appeal to FIFA or CAS.

:huh: it is common in nearly every sporting body on earth FFS - otherwise, every quibble would end up in Court... In Scotland, clubs have the right of appeal to their governing body (SFL) then to the national association (SFA) - at which point subsequently taking a lost appeal to the Law Courts is forbidden. You may still appeal to FIFA or CAS.

I should really have said football in general.

An industry where the law of the land doesn't apply...

:lol:

I should really have said football in general.

An industry where the law of the land doesn't apply...

:lol:

No: an industry which tries to keep its affairs out of the law courts where possible, to avoid itself descending into farce ;) . In many respects Sport treats the issue similarly to the Church. An example: in football, a red card for a bad tackle results in a suspension. This prevents someone from their legal opportunity to work and earn a wage - for example, a win bonus in the next game. If you took every little thing to court, the game would soon collapse...

It is entirely proper for football to discourage its clubs from taking disciplinary matters to court, wherever possible.