Livingston - all the threads merged

Nice piece on Livi FC in tonights Edinburgh News. :rolleyes: (I never had Bill Hunter down as a Liar)

Mon the "football lads" :lol::lol:

You have not to help him! Let him struggle for a while & see what garbage he will come out with next. :D

Also I've not got a paper so can't comment on that, & if you are posting it I don't think it will be pleasant reading for Livi fans either? :huh:

You have not to help him! Let him struggle for a while & see what garbage he will come out with next. :D

Also I've not got a paper so can't comment on that, & if you are posting it I don't think it will be pleasant reading for Livi fans either? :huh:

Relax. it's a puff-piece with Mr Blobby saying he's delighted with your new board. No hidden seven figure debts, unexpected court cases or shafted creditors are revealed.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Li...eers.5756426.jp

In all fairness, I don't see what gain there is to be had hurling pointless abuse at "Livi" fans on here. This was a good thread when there was news, but I think it should be mothballed until there is actually a meeting where the disciplinary punishment is decided, then maybe it can be re-opened.

I really dislike Livingston as a club for reasons endlessly stated on here, but I don't think page after page of pointless abuse gets anyone anywhere.

You really are a thick b*****d.

It's incredibly simple: take all the income streams that Livi (cheating scum) could possibly have; put very generous figures to them; add those figures up.

On you go then Mr brightspark produce ALL the figures & add them up! & not last year's figures nor estimates you have on what they should be. The real thing. If you really are as great as you make yourself out to be this should be easy for you ;)

Why not go that bit further while you are at it & produce all the current account details for your own club, I'll look forward to reading them side by side so I can compare just how worthy Dundee are for the club of the year title in comparison to Livi (cheating scum). :)

On you go then Mr brightspark produce ALL the figures & add them up! & not last year's figures nor estimates you have on what they should be. The real thing. If you really are as great as you make yourself out to be this should be easy for you ;)

You = thick b*****d.

You don't even understand the basic concept of making generious estimates :lol:

Relax. it's a puff-piece with Mr Blobby saying he's delighted with your new board. No hidden seven figure debts, unexpected court cases or shafted creditors are revealed.

In all fairness, I don't see what gain there is to be had hurling pointless abuse at "Livi" fans on here. This was a good thread when there was news, but I think it should be mothballed until there is actually a meeting where the disciplinary punishment is decided, then maybe it can be re-opened.

I really dislike Livingston as a club for reasons endlessly stated on here, but I don't think page after page of pointless abuse gets anyone anywhere.

Thanks for that. :)

Don't worry the 'abuse' doesn't bother us. After a while (about 20 pages :rolleyes: ) we became immune to it! :P

The "pointless abuse" started because of the never-ending stream of head-in-sand posts from fans of Livi (cheating scum).

When they wake up and smell the coffee, the rest of us will perhaps give them more respect.

I'm not rude to kids so I won't offend you but estimates do not equal facts! Go & get some facts then I'll listen to you. :rolleyes:

Christ almighty...

The estimates are generous estimates. That means they are well above the highest realistic income for that particular service.

And then there's the matter of having that income in previous seasons and you still went tits up.

But I don't expect you to realise that, because you've been a complete moron throughout this thread.

Edited by Sir Calum Melville

When they wake up and smell the coffee, the rest of us will perhaps give them more respect.

To be fair if they haven't smelt the hot caffeine-containing beverage after 514 pages, they're not going to.

I am as bothered as the next person by the utter revisionism/blinkeredness/apparent gullibility of some "Livi" fans. But I'm not sure what purpose this thread serves anymore, is all. Even you and VT must be bored of making the same six posts on here day in day out.

Still, not really anything to do with me. *Shrugs*

It's incredibly simple: take all the income streams that Livi (cheating scum) could possibly have; put very generous figures to them

The estimates are generous estimates.

You don't even understand the basic concept of making generious estimates :lol:

You'll need to help us thick b*****ds out a bit by showing us again where you have put the figures for the estimates. Oh and see when you are at it could you give us a wee idea of the Livi wage figures? You obviously know this too.

Ah I wish I wasn't so thick and knew as much about everything as you you do. :rolleyes:

I am old enough to have listened patiently, & sometimes even with anticipation, to a few men's "generous estimates" they never match up as promised to what is produced in reality,

:o - PLL how risqué ;) ... I fear Rankine & McDougall must be of elephantine proportions to have convinced you!!

Yep, quite right. It's just turned into a bashing thread with no real news being discussed. Same things over and over and over again.

This thread should be closed and then a new one can be opened should any relevant news come about.

If a full-time Livi couldn't balance the books in Div 1... how could they possibly do so in Div 3? Genuine question btw.

I'll try a genuine answer but await dissection and scorn by the usual suspects. ;)

There have been a few changes recently.

Innes away

McKay away

One away

Martini away

Those four were on decent wages and by and large have been replaced by youth team players. I think more would have gone if clubs had come in for them.

Griffiths and Davidson are also away but I doubt they were a drain on resources.

The only player of note brought in was Robbie Winters. Much has been made of him being full time though apparently he was offered more elsewhere but fancied playing with his brother. We also have 3 young lads on loan from Hibs and Hearts.

Quite a few back room staff are gone, security staff numbers have been reduced and supporters are doing a lot of the jobs done on match days voluntarily. The rent is lower and costs have been cut in wee things like progamme printing.

Oh and the club isn't getting billed for the chairman's Townhouse in Edinburgh, his leased top of the range Jaguar, his restaurant bills, lawyer's/court bills and the weekly flight costs to and from Italy for him, his family and his hangers on.

The club is trying to get things changed but it will take time and the insistance of the SFL in honouring the player contracts will take a while to work through. I suspect that as contracts are renegotiated the full time status will go. I certainly hope so anyway.

If a full-time Livi couldn't balance the books in Div 1... how could they possibly do so in Div 3? Genuine question btw.

I asked that question already but nobody felt like trying to answer it <_<

Edited to add...

I see that Jimbo has at least had the balls to try and answer it..

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

I'll try a genuine answer but await dissection and scorn by the usual suspects. ;)

There have been a few changes recently.

Innes away

McKay away

One away

Martini away

Those four were on decent wages and by and large have been replaced by youth team players. I think more would have gone if clubs had come in for them.

Griffiths and Davidson are also away but I doubt they were a drain on resources.

The only player of note brought in was Robbie Winters. Much has been made of him being full time though apparently he was offered more elsewhere but fancied playing with his brother. We also have 3 young lads on loan from Hibs and Hearts.

Quite a few back room staff are gone, security staff numbers have been reduced and supporters are doing a lot of the jobs done on match days voluntarily. The rent is lower and costs have been cut in wee things like progamme printing.

Oh and the club isn't getting billed for the chairman's Townhouse in Edinburgh, his leased top of the range Jaguar, his restaurant bills, lawyer's/court bills and the weekly flight costs to and from Italy for him, his family and his hangers on.

The club is trying to get things changed but it will take time and the insistance of the SFL in honouring the player contracts will take a while to work through. I suspect that as contracts are renegotiated the full time status will go. I certainly hope so anyway.

When did they do that? They didnt insist Clyde did it, and I dont believe the made Gretna do it either - although Gretna were probably too far gone by the time the SFL got involved.

This going to sound like Im having a go, Im not, but a couple of things pop out of your reply

No mention of increased off-field revenue that PLL was going on about. Does that mean there is no real, visible, push to increase this?

While Massone may well have been screwing the club for all he could get, he did also put enough money in to be the 4th (IIRC) biggest creditor of the club. There was very little owed in the way of hotel bills etc, most was connected to the day to day running of the club. Are you suggesting he was taking money out of the club to pay for his lifestyle at the expense of paying other bills, or is he just an easy target to blame?

Good on you for replying though

When did they do that? They didnt insist Clyde did it, and I dont believe the made Gretna do it either - although Gretna were probably too far gone by the time the SFL got involved.

This going to sound like Im having a go, Im not, but a couple of things pop out of your reply

1.No mention of increased off-field revenue that PLL was going on about. Does that mean there is no real, visible, push to increase this?

2. While Massone may well have been screwing the club for all he could get, he did also put enough money in to be the 4th (IIRC) biggest creditor of the club. There was very little owed in the way of hotel bills etc, most was connected to the day to day running of the club. Are you suggesting he was taking money out of the club to pay for his lifestyle at the expense of paying other bills, or is he just an easy target to blame?

Good on you for replying though

1. I didn't include this because P-L-L had already mentioned it. It is definitely being pushed.

2. Many of Massone's personal bills were charged to the club. I remain very sceptical of the claims he made re the actual amount of money he put into the club and we still are not sure what happened to the money from the Griffiths transfer. Easy target? The man nearly killed the club. He was a total disaster and the fans, the players and the staff couldn't wait to get rid of him.