Livingston - all the threads merged

Just reading in the Courier today about the £100k we got recently from Burnley for 16 year old Joe McKee. Should help a bit with the costs incurred from our double relegation.

How much of the £100,000 was channelled into paying 5p-in--£ creditors, including charities and local businesses?

One of the big earners is going in January for certain and I know that the club have been trying to get rid of another who is actually playing in the first team consistently. On top of that, two contracts are running out in January as well.

To say that we are 'running up debt' without a care in the world, is completely wrong.

Aye. Full-time football in the 3rd division is financially sustainible, isn't it?

As far as I'm aware, there are 21 full-time clubs in Scotland. 12 of these are in the SPL, 8 of them are in the First Division. Does the fact that 2 Div 1 clubs (ourselves and Ayr, both of whom have a mixture of full-time and part-time players) and the rest of Scottish football (minus Livi) not speak volumes about the sustainibility of full-time football in the lower leagues?

How much of the £100,000 was channelled into paying 5p-in--£ creditors, including charities and local businesses?

With all due respect, how is your average Joe meant to know that less than 24 hours after the paper has come out? Should he phone each creditor to see if any cash has been added to their bank account in the last few days from Livi?

Edit: And again, if we ripped up contracts left, right and centre we would be criticised. I'm not saying full time is sustainable, far from it. But Livi would be criticised in either situation. Clearly, the club should have just folded and be done with it. But not before paying everyone, obviously.

Edited by TAFKAC

Aye. Full-time football in the 3rd division is financially sustainible, isn't it?

As far as I'm aware, there are 21 full-time clubs in Scotland. 12 of these are in the SPL, 8 of them are in the First Division. Does the fact that 2 Div 1 clubs (ourselves and Ayr, both of whom have a mixture of full-time and part-time players) and the rest of Scottish football (minus Livi) not speak volumes about the sustainibility of full-time football in the lower leagues?

That is dependant on where the revenue is coming from. If a club is solely reliant on revenue from fixtures then I would imagine they would have to go part time, If however they are making income from other sources then this could fund full time players. I don't think it is the division you are in which dictates what you can earn, our stadium has conference & function suites which could more than cover the lost revenue of third division crowds.

I'm not getting into a mud slinging match here but just answering your question on the sustainability of football in the lower leagues. :)

With all due respect, how is your average Joe meant to know that less than 24 hours after the paper has come out? Should he phone each creditor to see if any cash has been added to their bank account in the last few days from Livi?

I think it was a rhetorical question, as we all know the answer will be none.

Edit: And again, if we ripped up contracts left, right and centre we would be criticised. I'm not saying full time is sustainable, far from it. But Livi would be criticised in either situation. Clearly, the club should have just folded and be done with it. But not before paying everyone, obviously.

This point has already been made and shot down

That is dependant on where the revenue is coming from. If a club is solely reliant on revenue from fixtures then I would imagine they would have to go part time, If however they are making income from other sources then this could fund full time players. I don't think it is the division you are in which dictates what you can earn, our stadium has conference & function suites which could more than cover the lost revenue of third division crowds.

I'm not getting into a mud slinging match here but just answering your question on the sustainability of football in the lower leagues. :)

Is it though? Are there regular conferences going on? Are the function suites being used on a regular basis?

Genuine questions.

Is it though? Are there regular conferences going on? Are the function suites being used on a regular basis?

Genuine questions.

The thing about it is, that Livi could not survive on 1st division crowds with their multiple income streams , never mind 3rd division crowds. So if nothing has changed then should we expect Livi to post losses of £1.75 million again this season??? ( or will it be more like £2.5 million???)

Genuine questions.

Are you going to ask me to list who has them booked & when? :rolleyes:

Obviously I can't do that & I would doubt any other supporter could do it about their club either! :P

Seriously though, & since it is a genuine question, this is being used to bring in regular revenue to fund the club (as it should have been all along but past boards had their heads in the clouds & thought we were SPL standards) This does need to be used to it's full potential in order for future financial problems to be avoided, there really was no excuse for what happened before when those suites & rooms were lying empty & could have been making money. At least this board realise this & are making this happen. (that's about as near to a compliment that they will get from me! ;) )

There are a fair amount of cost cutting going on & a lot of voluntary work from fans to save money also & this is to continue.

I'm now saying no more or Nixon will have my guts for garters next time I see him! :huh:

Erm no, this 'Livi stadium facilities to fund yawning chasm in the finances' factoid has been debunked something like 17 times on this thread before.

I can't believe you've sunk so low as to trying to dredge this one up again.

Edited by vikingTON

Okay then Mr Evidence, where is this current proof that I am wrong?

We can have a look at Livingston's continual track record of financial losses, conference facilities inclusive, and factor in the severe losses of gate revenue and likely sponsorship already detailed in this thread over and over again, and try and balance that with your full-time squad wages and expenses.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that it doesn't balance - wait, looks like I finally gave you the answer. :D

Edited by vikingTON

We can have a look at Livingston's continual track record of financial losses, conference facilities inclusive, and factor in the severe losses of gate revenue and likely sponsorship already detailed in this thread over and over again, and try and balance that with your full-time squad wages and expenses.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that it doesn't balance - wait, looks like I finally gave you the answer. :D

That is your opinion on it, not actual proof, so again where is this current evidence? :rolleyes:

& don't go running to AND180Y to get any help! That's cheating! :P

That is your opinion on it, not actual proof, so again where is this current evidence? :rolleyes:

& don't go running to AND180Y to get any help! That's cheating! :P

Nice piece on Livi FC in tonights Edinburgh News. :rolleyes: (I never had Bill Hunter down as a Liar)

Mon the "football lads" :lol::lol:

You really are a thick b*****d.

It's incredibly simple: take all the income streams that Livi (cheating scum) could possibly have; put very generous figures to them; add those figures up.