Livingston - all the threads merged

Interesting that Rankine says he'll step away rather than damaging the club in relation to the SFA hearing.

Step away, or transfer his shares to his cocker spaniel, say?

There's no mention of these bonus payments in the accounts so was the money paid personally by Nixon?

The way I see it, the bonuses have been paid out of Nixon's own pocket (somehow) and the board have possibly only just clocked on to this.

If it was his cash which he paid to players directly, wouldn't he or they have been due any tax?

I mean if my local bakery produces excellent cakes and I provide some bonuses to the oven-men without telling the baker, it isn't the baker's fault.

Edited by HibeeJibee

There comes a time when you need to admit things aren't working. There isn't enough interest in Livingston to maintain fulltime football. They could barely manage part time. Wind it up and support Livingston juniors, a couple of hundred at their gates would finance a decent team at that level.

Since Livi began it has attracted the worst shysters to slither through football. Everyone has had an angle to grab money, development land or both. Leave them to it.

Are they dead yet?

Hope Livi survive. Though, like many towns in Scotland, the local team would do better if the locals didn't follow one of the Ugly Sisters.

support+your+local+team.jpg

Edited by AnCrùbag

If it was his cash which he paid to players directly, wouldn't he or they have been due any tax?

I mean if my local bakery produces excellent cakes and I provide some bonuses to the oven-men without telling the baker, it isn't the baker's fault.

Dreadful analogy. In your analogy you have no employment relationship to the over-men and it's tantamount to a testimonial. IF Nixon paid a bonus to the players, whether with his own cash or otherwise, then it would be interpreted to be in his capacity as their employer and for services rendered in employment. The club would be liable to operate PAYE on it.

Just close these fuckers down, once and for all, and be done with it. Nobody would care.

Well said Biggy. Two admins and there are now back in debt to the tune of £1.75 million.. Once is careless, twice is reckless and 3 timeswill be an utter disgrace.. They obviously are unable to grasp operating within their means..

Well - unless you have some position of responsibility within the bakery - that wouldn't be bonuses, that's tips. Which have a slightly ambiguous tax position, but they're a different issue altogether.

If you *were* in management and to some degree responsible for the payment of their wages then yes, liability would almost certainly fall to the company, regardless of whether you'd kept it secret from some other board members (and even if you subsequently left).

Whether or not the players themselves would be liable would depend on whether they knew, or rather whether can reasonably be expected to have known, whether it was legit or not. If it was paid by the usual means and they were given payslips which appeared to show the appropriate tax deduction then they'd be fine. If they were given cash in paper bags and told to keep schtum then they'd likely be deemed culpable as well. (Though in practice it's probably the company that HMRC would go after.)

Edit: or what Skyline said, much more concisely.

Edited by Yoss

More like pots and kettles...

Aye that too, he's got more brass than a brass band in that neck of his, coming on here with that patter.

You'd think they'd learn from the last time Dundee fans climbed on their wee moral high mound when we went into admin 2, about 5 minutes later they were joining us in an admin merry go round, and had to wipe the egg off their faces.