Livingston - all the threads merged

No doubt a top bloke, good work ethic, but a his "style" of football would make you want too gouge your eyes out, strangely apart from our cup run to the semi-final we used to get papped out at the earliest stages under JMc, we now have a Jmc clone in Grant Murray, you can have him if you want!

No doubt a top bloke, good work ethic, but a his "style" of football would make you want too gouge your eyes out, strangely apart from our cup run to the semi-final we used to get papped out at the earliest stages under JMc, we now have a Jmc clone in Grant Murray, you can have him if you want!

With the one difference that we actually get a few cup runs under him..and possibly another scottish cup run under murray again this year by the looks of the draw

I don't get the Derek Adams love at all.

There's a lot of nonsense talked about McGlynn's style of football. Like any decent manager he worked with the resources available to him.

He had most of six seasons with us, improved us year-on-year with the exception of a slightly disappointing final season, and left the club in a much healthier state than when he joined it.

Ask the Livi fans Yoss, I remember them coming to SP and playing attractive football, JMc brought players in, there his "resources" and his style of play, yes he did leave us in a better state, as I said good guy and hard working, but decent football it wasn't IMO.

Ask the Livi fans Yoss, I remember them coming to SP and playing attractive football, JMc brought players in, there his "resources" and his style of play, yes he did leave us in a better state, as I said good guy and hard working, but decent football it wasn't IMO.

I remember his last season at Raith when we hit you on the counter game after game with Keaghan and Bobby Barr running past your defenders when they played a high line against us, is this one of his characteristics? Noticed on the highlights against Annan we lost our 3rd goal to a long ball hit out of defence and Mensing being the last defender in a high line (seriously, everyone knows how slow he is).

He did ok last season when we had better players but with the budget being cut and bringing in journeymen, a guy from the juniors, and some youth players we're not looking too clever with this high ball tactic. In his defence against Annan we started off great playing it on the deck then descended into knocking it long after they equalised. Can't blame McGlynn for that as it was the players deciding to abandon playing it on the deck.

He did ok last season when we had better players but with the budget being cut and bringing in journeymen, a guy from the juniors, and some youth players we're not looking too clever with this high ball tactic. In his defence against Annan we started off great playing it on the deck then descended into knocking it long after they equalised. Can't blame McGlynn for that as it was the players deciding to abandon playing it on the deck.

Obviously didn't see the game - but yes, football fans seem often to be mysteriously bad at realising the resort to the long ball is more often the result rather than the cause of not playing well.

In his defence against Annan we started off great playing it on the deck then descended into knocking it long after they equalised. Can't blame McGlynn for that as it was the players deciding to abandon playing it on the deck.

Agree with this. Livingston completely dominated the early stages and could have been more than one up, passing the ball about quite nicely. Then Weatherson fairly battered in that free kick, Jamieson fumbled one into the net and all cohesion seemed to be lost. Confidence just drained. I don't think it helped Jacobs being subbed off either unless he was injured? For me he was your best player in the first half.

@STVGrant Evidence heard today but no news on what's happened. Good chance it may go to day three but not yet certain.

Certainly stretching out it would seem, nothing conclusive from what I've seen.

Now adjourned until Friday, 28th November.