Livingston - all the threads merged

2 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

You've got some memory :lol:

I just think we need a striker like White, look at the impact Toderov has made, when it starts to get to that point in the season when pitches start cutting up, we start going a little longer he will make a huge difference. 

He's available, he knows the club, he scores goals and for the most part well liked by the fans, id sign him without even thinking about it, we need 4 strikers that would be my 4. 

Signing White would be great just for the Lolz i'd get from the 3 guys that sit along from me, they absolutely hate him. I used to wind them up something fierce when he scored a goal.:lol:

13 hours ago, B0baFatt said:

Not wanting to tempt fate, but I think for the first time since Season 2010/2011 we are going to finish the campaign with the same manager we started with

That's shocking, shows what a state we've been in this past wee while. Don't actually think Burchill got a fair crack at it either, with him not being able to sign players when we were under a signing embargo, then had to throw a team together a couple of weeks before the season started.

Biggest challenge now is Hopkin ending the 2017/18 Championship season as our manager, that will be some accomplishment for him. At least he'll have a fair crack at it though, this is the most stable Livi have been since Bollan was in Charge, and Hopkin has a good core group of players that have played together, so we're not having to make too many new signings that would take time to gel.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

10 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Only lost 1 league game this year too, that 85th minute goal East Fife scored to beat us 1-0. 12 wins 3 draws and the 1 defeat to our bogey team.

We dropped 9 points out of 48 in 2017....HOPKIN OUT!!!

Just now, andylivi1 said:

We dropped 9 points out of 48 in 2017....HOPKIN OUT!!!

Prob some Livi fans actually wanting him punted still and will be giving him no credit for winning the league.

He's won me over this season but football fans are fickle, the minute things get difficult Hopkin will be getting in the neck from the stands.

17 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He caused plenty bother in the Championship for Alloa and did a pretty good job with us too (would've done better if he got more game time too and wasn't swapped every other week with White), and has just had a tremendous season in League One, so I really don't see your logic Afro. Imo he's hitting the best form of his career and is a very fit looking guy, obv knows how to look after himself both on and off the pitch as he hasn't had any injuries with us. He has a good burst of pace over a short distance too and is a very accurate striker that very rarely misses the target when he shoots. I'd still say he'd be ahead of Mullen in scoring goals next season. In contrast White is slow over the first 10 yards till he gets a bit of a run to build up speed but his long stride kicks in after that.

The striker rotation is a big reason we struggled in the Championship last season, i'm totally opposed to doing it again with those 3 players, i'd rather just not sign one of them than do that.

He's 32, and not getting any younger. Credit to him for looking after himself, but with all the will in the world, he isn't going to get any quicker at the age he is at. He's stood out in this league, and is getting the plaudits - quite rightly so. That said, the Championship is a completely different kettle of fish and I don't think he'll get anywhere near the amount of goals he's scored this season. His "golden" season at Alloa comprised of 14 goals - White scored 11 that same season, his first real crack at the Championship. Then, last season, when both players were fucked about, White got 10 and Buchanan 11. I'd also contest that White is a far more creative player than Buchanan and would be a cracking foil for Mullen.

I'll be clear now - if our main strikers next season are Mullen and Buchanan, I'll be quite happy. But the chance to sign a player who can score goals in the Championship, has age on his side, and already knows a fair number of our squad will not come around too often and I hope we take it.

13 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Andy Ryan > Todorov + Carrick > Rory Boulding again > White.

Please for the love of god don't bring White back

Andy Ryan, I would maybe give you. But Todorov, Carrick and Boulding over White? I know you like a wind-up so I hope you're not being serious.

It isn't as if Buchanan is slow Afro, and you seem hung up on his age too, players are still playing in their late 30's and banging in goals, just look at Kenny Miller. I think Buchanan has at least another 2 years at Championship level in him, maybe more, and he's playing better now than he ever has. I really don't get this idea that suddenly he wont be able to score goals just because he's 32. At his age experience buys you a yard of pace too, but I don't think he's that slow anyway.

Buchanan is on the form of his career banging in goals consistently at Championship and League 1 don't know why you'd consider getting rid of him, age isn't an issue he's only 32 not like he's 39.

Big shagz would be a great buy to bring back but when Hopkin last had him, Buchs and Mullen he had problems fitting them all in so that one could be an award one.

Season ticket prices out for next season:-

Adult - £240, £13.33 a game, Saving £84

Concession - £150, £8.33 a game, Saving £66

Under 16s - £18, £1 a game, saving £72

Family - 2 Adults + 2 under 16s - £500, £6.95 a game, saving £328

Walk up prices in line with the rest of the championship :

Adults - £18

concession - £12

under 16s - £5

The rise in prices wasn't a surprise, I expected as much, but they still offer fantastic value for money, especially young families. 

I really hope we get a good amount of season tickets sold. 

We can play a massive role this season, try and get as many encouraged to come along as possible. 

Fantastic price for U16's, I remember it was £30 for a child ST when my daughter used to go with me to games and that was over 10 years ago.

We're well organised getting this out before the season is even finished too, which is good to see.

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah Boulding had a purple patch scoring goals at Livi but he isn't even remotely as good a player as White.

It's almost as if that's the joke :D 

In all honesty though, I'd prefer Todorov to White. I thought White was honestly pretty useless with us, infuriating at times. 6ft+ and can barely head a ball. There was never a time where I thought that he looked a really good player, whereas with Todorov I've seen a bit more.

Seems like we're all split 50/50 on White, wonder where it'll go :D 

1 hour ago, Afro said:

That's De Vita signed up for next season as well. It's all coming together quite nicely, when's the drama coming? :lol:

Good stuff, quality player.

Yeah it feels a bit strange the way we're already getting prepared for next season and everything is so drama free. Not very Livi like at all.