Livingston - all the threads merged

Just now, Chapelhall chap said:

Was Scougall the midfield player a few seasons back. If I am right he was very talented but I never like players coming back to clubs as a rule. Would he fit your squad now?

Yeah, small midfielder. Chases everything. Think he'd be perfect in the middle with Pittman and Byrne. Would give us good rotation in the middle especially after good experience down south.

Big part of our game this year was winning the ball in midfield and he fits that perfectly

Just now, ATLIS said:

Yeah, small midfielder. Chases everything. Think he'd be perfect in the middle with Pittman and Byrne. Would give us good rotation in the middle especially after good experience down south.

Big part of our game this year was winning the ball in midfield and he fits that perfectly

Yes he was very impressive and thanks for info. If we somehow get promoted and you don't want him can we try ?  That's a big IF BTW!

2 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Yes he was very impressive and thanks for info. If we somehow get promoted and you don't want him can we try ?  That's a big IF BTW!

I'm hoping with our new owner and potential investors inbound that we can pay a little more than we do/would. If we also sell Knox on, there's £200k. Heard a few Hearts fans wanting the both of them though - we could offer first team football though as key players, they'd probably warm the bench under Cathro I'd guess.

EDIT: Depends on how much more money Airdrie would have next season though, they'd probably want a pretty decent wage after winning L1

Edited by ATLIS

Just now, ATLIS said:

I'm hoping with our new owner and potential investors inbound that we can pay a little more than we do/would. If we also sell Knox on, there's £200k. Heard a few Hearts fans wanting the both of them though - we could offer first team football though as key players, they'd probably warm the bench under Cathro I'd guess

If Cathro is still there; what a record he has since arriving with his lap top. He will maybe need to try out a 4-6-0 for the next few games.

If Cathro is still there; what a record he has since arriving with his lap top. He will maybe need to try out a 4-6-0 for the next few games.

Maybe needs a full window to get his own team in, who knows. He is well known for his 4-6-0 formation ;)

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Maybe needs a full window to get his own team in, who knows. He is well known for his 4-6-0 formation ;)

Who knows indeed and in many ways who outside Gorgie cares? Enjoy the championship next season. You need to compete with slightly better teams but could do well if as you say resourced properly.

1 minute ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Who knows indeed and in many ways who outside Gorgie cares? Enjoy the championship next season. You need to compete with slightly better teams but could do well if as you say resourced properly.

Hopkin hasn't really made a bad signing, I'm looking forward to seeing who he signs.

I'm hoping Airdrie go up because it's been a laugh this season, you guys can maybe sign up Jordan White too :D 

I think we are all dreaming a bit if we think we could tempt either or both back to Livi, it would be the shock of all shocks, don't get me wrong I'd love to see that but it's no going to happen.

Im sure they will both attract attention from much bigger clubs in the premier league in Scotland and down the leagues down south. 

Both where talked about in January for Hibs so that's an option, Mcnulty also had a loan at Portsmouth and is well thought of there, I'd think they may look at him again. 

Just now, ATLIS said:

Hopkin hasn't really made a bad signing, I'm looking forward to seeing who he signs.

I'm hoping Airdrie go up because it's been a laugh this season, you guys can maybe sign up Jordan White too :D 

Maybe we will invest and have a better management set than the two radio Pundits. I remember seeing Jordan White with Stirling and he  was rubbish then. I think we still have Ryan on contract but money does talk. I appreciate you had a laugh and my father used to say " The King will come the cadgers road" so don't get too carried away. 

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I agree it was a laugh for you but as my old man used to say "The King will come the cadgers road" so I fear you may have some sadness next year against certain sides. As for our radio pundits they made me cry as much as your team did.

I agree it was a laugh for you but as my old man used to say "The King will come the cadgers road" so I fear you may have some sadness next year against certain sides. As for our radio pundits they made me cry as much as your team did.

More than likely, I think us going down done us some good in the long run really. We've got a stronger team now than any of the last 4 or 5 seasons, a lot of them are signed up for next season too. Honestly don't think Gallagher and Halkett would go amiss in a Premiership side - that's how highly I rate them both.

We need a goal keeper and a right back really, possibly a striker as Buchanan still hasn't signed (yet).

11 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Maybe we will invest and have a better management set than the two radio Pundits. I remember seeing Jordan White with Stirling and he  was rubbish then. I think we still have Ryan on contract but money does talk. I appreciate you had a laugh and my father used to say " The King will come the cadgers road" so don't get too carried away. 

He was well thought of at Stirling, iirc he was scoring goals for fun at that level too, 23 goals, or something like that..

Derek Lilley didn't work out very well in his 2nd spell with us but on the whole we've done well when ex players have returned for a 2nd spell. This season for example, Rafa De Vita, Declan Gallagher, even Keaghan Jacobs. Keaghan got injured after signing right enough and only played in our last couple of game, but i'm hoping he stays for next season, he's a great wee player. Rafa and Dec have signed up again for next season and both played their parts on us winning League One.

Like Andy I just can't see Scougall and McNulty coming back to Livi, not at this time anyway, you never know, maybe when they are in their thirties, but in their prime they'll be looking to stay down south where the money is and stay in English League One or Championship, or at worst SPFL Premiership. It would be like winning the lotto for Livi if they signed for us, they would absolutely rip it up in the Championship but I really can't see it.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

We can only imagine of a team of Livi cult heroes, Jesus, Scougall, McNulty, Pittman, Halkett, Gallagher.

Fingers crossed [emoji3] 

Feel free to throw names in the hat

Just makes me think, what's David Fernandez doing?

Would love it both Scougs and Sparky chose to come "home" but realistic enough to know its extremely doubtful as clubs in better leagues that ours and able to offer better wages will be quick to snap them up.

Suppose the other bad news, from a purely cynical point of view, is that we will miss out on the windfall from any sell on fees which were put in place

6 minutes ago, B0baFatt said:

Would love it both Scougs and Sparky chose to come "home" but realistic enough to know its extremely doubtful as clubs in better leagues that ours and able to offer better wages will be quick to snap them up.

Suppose the other bad news, from a purely cynical point of view, is that we will miss out on the windfall from any sell on fees which were put in place

We got a fee because they were part of the Sheffield Utd team that won promotion, dont think it was much maybe 15k or so but better than nothing. 

Edited by andylivi1