Quick Question Thread

Just now, NorthernJambo said:

That's unfortunate but probably easiest just to go with that. Unless you're happy to give the back story regularly...

No, thats why I had to ask, its quite a long back story, the benifit being if someone thinks Aberdonians are arseholes, I can always say "Im not from Aberdeen"

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It appears you're a Dundee fan. For some reason I thought you were a Celtic fan, must be confused with a username or something.

I always think he's a Celtic fan too, because he has Jesus in his avatar.

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It appears you're a Dundee fan. For some reason I thought you were a Celtic fan, must be confused with a username or something.

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I always think he's a Celtic fan too, because he has Jesus in his avatar.

You would think the badge gives it away?

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

2 good points there. 

1) It did end up being a long question, sorry.

2) I sound like an Aberdonian.

Then you'll get someone who thinks you sound like an Aberdonian who was originally from Fife.

The question is usually asked as a polite question by people who can't be bothered with the answer.

Just say you are from China or North Korea and that will shut them up.

1 minute ago, Fullerene said:

Then you'll get someone who thinks you sound like an Aberdonian who was originally from Fife.

The question is usually asked as a polite question by people who can't be bothered with the answer.

Just say you are from China or North Korea and that will shut them up.

Yeah a 6'2", White, Doric speaker saying he is from North Korea will not provoke any more questions. :rolleyes:

This might be a bit tedious but are there any kitchen companies who come out, measure up, supply and fit kitchens with limited involvement from me? I do enough project management at work and I know she'll leave it to me to organise when I'd rather spend my spare time doing f**k all.

38 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah a 6'2", White, Doric speaker saying he is from North Korea will not provoke any more questions. :rolleyes:

In some countries, some people will come up to you and say "Where are you from?"
You say "I am from Scotland."
They then say "Oh I just love Scotland." and insist on giving you a bear hug.
Afterwards you discover your wallet is missing.

I know somebody who had this almost happen to them.
They said "I am from North Korea." and the pickpocket just waved his arm and then walked away.

18 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

This might be a bit tedious but are there any kitchen companies who come out, measure up, supply and fit kitchens with limited involvement from me? I do enough project management at work and I know she'll leave it to me to organise when I'd rather spend my spare time doing f**k all.

Magnet will do as little or as much as you want. All I did was measure and that was it. (choose the layout and style etc) but they sent someone to check the measurements anyway, so they'll do the lot. Couldn't fault them up here, though obviously you won't be buying from the same one.