Quick Question Thread

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He really was a top boy oor Russell.

Mind he was at Hibs that season they came down and went straight back up. He fuckin tortured us. What a player.

Think he won all the player of the year awards that season. A fucking genius.

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I shall use it as bog roll. 

I've tolerated all your weird stuff with clothing, and decorating and all sorts of shit, but that I can tell you now, is you and me completely finished. Finished.

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Think he won all the player of the year awards that season. A fucking genius.

I've tolerated all your weird stuff with clothing, and decorating and all sorts of shit, but that I can tell you now, is you and me completely finished. Finished.

I just offered it to Hibs radge I know who does a lot of good work for charidee as I thought he may want to use it in an auction. There's a signature on it that could cause Mon Dieu to have a petit mort too.

21 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I just offered it to Hibs radge I know who does a lot of good work for charidee as I thought he may want to use it in an auction. There's a signature on it that could cause Mon Dieu to have a petit mort too.

You've redeemed yourself. Just. Presume King Franck's sig is on it?

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

You've redeemed yourself. Just. Presume King Franck's sig is on it?

Yes, though it also has Stuart Lovell's. I'm putting it away out of harm's reach and it will go in the next charity thing he does. Hopefully someone very drunk will flash the cash for it. 

We were discussing a sweetie at work today, probably from the late 90s, early 00s. Might still be around for all I know. It has strawberry lace type stuff running through the middle and is surrounded by fondant (like that in Dolly Mixtures), and maybe a coating of white icing sugar-like stuff. Kind of the opposite of a strawberry cable. Any ideas what it might be? Came in red or green varieties.

8 hours ago, David W said:

We were discussing a sweetie at work today, probably from the late 90s, early 00s. Might still be around for all I know. It has strawberry lace type stuff running through the middle and is surrounded by fondant (like that in Dolly Mixtures), and maybe a coating of white icing sugar-like stuff. Kind of the opposite of a strawberry cable. Any ideas what it might be? Came in red or green varieties.

At my place if you look up from your monitor you get beaten with a two by four.

Do washing machines live longer with Calgon ?   

My Auntie went through 3 machines in 6 years in the early 00's. In 2011 Uncle Cal left her and she's never had to replace it since. So washing machines definitely live longer with Cal gone.

Sorry.

Not necessarily, depends which platform he's changing to.

Changing to go to Elgin, no idea what platform it'll be. Was only asking because we only had a ten minute gap between arriving in Aberdeen and our train to Elgin leaving, so was hoping we'd be able to go straight to our other train without hassle at barriers. Changed to an earlier train now so it's fine.

Changing to go to Elgin, no idea what platform it'll be. Was only asking because we only had a ten minute gap between arriving in Aberdeen and our train to Elgin leaving, so was hoping we'd be able to go straight to our other train without hassle at barriers. Changed to an earlier train now so it's fine.

Just to warn you this is what lead to the #BroraTaxiGate. My train was delayed 10 minutes and I missed my connecting one to Inverness. So might need to have a look at the time of the train after just incase.

Just to warn you this is what lead to the #BroraTaxiGate. My train was delayed 10 minutes and I missed my connecting one to Inverness. So might need to have a look at the time of the train after just incase.

I had #BroraTaxiGate in the back of my head when we were deciding what train to get :lol: got half an hour before our train so barring any major f**k ups we'll be fine.

I had #BroraTaxiGate in the back of my head when we were deciding what train to get :lol: got half an hour before our train so barring any major f**k ups we'll be fine.

I'm just taking the car tomorrow. Was supposed to be on the train and drinking but Benidorm has absolutely rinsed me and I'm scunnered with the drink. :lol:

See you up there. ;)

Not so quick a question...

Got Ecoli o157 last October and was in hospital for about a fortnight, at one point it was looking pretty grim for me, the worst bit though was waiting on the kids results, thankfully clear. Still suffer bowel issues. 

How I got it was that I rented a farm house from a farmer with multiple properties, it was a well fed water supply. The water supply did not have a filter fitted (he gets a grant for this), a fence round the well or a lid. He put sheep in the field and with heavy rain it contaminated the water. Enviromental health condemed the house and we had to move.

I have a solicitor looking into this for some compensation. There is evidence that the landlord is at fault.

Does anyone know my chances of winning this? If so what sort of amount we talking?

Thank you.

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Not so quick a question...

Got Ecoli o157 last October and was in hospital for about a fortnight, at one point it was looking pretty grim for me, the worst bit though was waiting on the kids results, thankfully clear. Still suffer bowel issues. 

How I got it was that I rented a farm house from a farmer with multiple properties, it was a well fed water supply. The water supply did not have a filter fitted (he gets a grant for this), a fence round the well or a lid. He put sheep in the field and with heavy rain it contaminated the water. Enviromental health condemed the house and we had to move.

I have a solicitor looking into this for some compensation. There is evidence that the landlord is at fault.

Does anyone know my chances of winning this? If so what sort of amount we talking?

Thank you.

I took the liberty of making a few assumptions and did this quick e coli compensation calculator and it returned an answer of between £37-50k although there's a chance that they maybe exaggerate the figure to get your business. 

Have a swatch here: https://www.quittance.co.uk/personal-injury-compensation/holiday-accidents-or-illness-claims/e-coli-poisoning