Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I tried asking in the E - chat forum but my MacBook has contracted some sort of dodgy virus after i clicked on something that required an adobe update. Should i just spend the £5 a month on Mackeeper to sort the problem out or is there a free option i can find for this?

STOP! 
This month's issue of 
The Modern Nazi's Guide to Catching Predators and the Truth About the Twin Towers requires the latest veriosn of Adobe Reader

On 14/11/2017 at 14:59, throbber said:

I tried asking in the E - chat forum but my MacBook has contracted some sort of dodgy virus after i clicked on something that required an adobe update. Should i just spend the £5 a month on Mackeeper to sort the problem out or is there a free option i can find for this?

Think that AVG free edition might sort you out.

13 minutes ago, sugna said:

Think that AVG free edition might sort you out.

Thanks man, I have installed this and its doing a scan now. Its just shitty spamming websites keep opening up fresh windows all the time just now. I have a pop up blocker on and its not helping. Hopefully once its scanned I can get rid of some of the junk without having to pay fucking apple for it.

Might get my brother a cookbook for Christmas. Would anyone here recommend a recipe/cookbook for a beginner chef? He made me pasta with grated cheese years ago when we were both younger, and I don' think he's ever cooked anything else since then apart from Pot Noodles and burnt toast. 

1 minute ago, smpar said:

Might get my brother a cookbook for Christmas. Would anyone here recommend a recipe/cookbook for a beginner chef? He made me pasta with grated cheese years ago when we were both younger, and I don' think he's ever cooked anything else since then apart from Pot Noodles and burnt toast. 

What about Jamie Oliver's 5 ingredients?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Get one of Jamie Olivers ones. He does a lot of simple scran, maybe one of the 30 minute meals ones or something.

Just now, throbber said:

What about Jamie Oliver's 5 ingredients?

Cheers lads. A quick look on Amazon suggests I shouldn't have too much trouble finding one!

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Get one of Jamie Olivers ones. He does a lot of simple scran, maybe one of the 30 minute meals ones or something.

His 30 minute meals one came under a bit of scrutiny as they take far more than 30 minutes to make and have a shit load of ingredients, some of them aren't exactly the most common of ingredients either.