Quick Question Thread

Does anyone with experience of physical labour of some sort have any advice on how to make sure my spine doesn't snap after a few weeks?

I'd suggest if you are over 6ft and only weigh 10stone you aren't carrying much muscle. Strengthening your core will help. Also the chlamydia kid may be the one to talk to re physical endurance and power in the workplace

Being driven mad here trying to think of a dance song that was heavily based on Right Here, Right Now by Fatboy Slim. Woman's voice. Talks about pain and strife and has a "no, no, no" refrain. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Does anyone with experience of physical labour of some sort have any advice on how to make sure my spine doesn't snap after a few weeks?

Keep your back straight and vertical when lifting.

8 hours ago, Gaz said:

Being driven mad here trying to think of a dance song that was heavily based on Right Here, Right Now by Fatboy Slim. Woman's voice. Talks about pain and strife and has a "no, no, no" refrain. Any ideas?

Probably the woman you picked up in the pub. Just remember, 'No means 'no'.

8 hours ago, Gaz said:

Don’t say I’m not kind to you Falkirk b*****ds..

I swear by this, only way I drink my coffee these days.

Yeah I'm the same. Black coffee, dash of cold water. Initially did it to take the edge of the heat off but genuinely makes it taste nicer. I think it takes the edge off the bitterness so you can taste the coffee a bit better.

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Lots of espresso and gangsta rap before work.

I was listening to Mogwai on the way in yesterday

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Do a fancy degree and then you wont have to do such menial graft.

*use your fancy degree would be a more accurate answer

Is there an easy way to know if old LP's are worth anything, or are they even likely to be worth anything? Obviously rare ones can be worth money but what about standard gear from 70s 80s etc

Search e-bay for the same titles & see what they are going for?
Picture discs are generally worth a bit as are more obscure releases, an old scratched copy of Super Trouper by Abba is likely to be worth the cost of a cheap frisbee.

*use your fancy degree would be a more accurate answer

Mogwai are a great band but it could be about selecting the music for the situation. Prior to a hard working day Ice Cube or Biggie will see you better than Mogwai (who are good if you've got a report to write for example).

4 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Search e-bay for the same titles & see what they are going for?
Picture discs are generally worth a bit as are more obscure releases, an old scratched copy of Super Trouper by Abba is likely to be worth the cost of a cheap frisbee.

In my obsessive attempts not to be a sell out, I used to wait until the limited editions were finished before I bought a record. I still finished up with a lot of rare stuff (sold later). I did avoid picture discs, which were shite.

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Is there an easy way to know if old LP's are worth anything, or are they even likely to be worth anything? Obviously rare ones can be worth money but what about standard gear from 70s 80s etc

Discogs will give you an idea of their value with traders.

The general rule is that traders sell for about a factor of ten of what you could get on eBay, as folk have no idea what things are worth. So, if you see an original David Bowie LP selling for about £40, check Discogs and you'll find a few hundreds folk flogging them for £4 or so. In other words, never take your records to a record shop if you can feasibly sell them online!