Quick Question Thread

8 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Has Torpar ever posted again, after the “infant vagina” debacle?

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I think you may be mixing up your posters here.  Not sure if Torpar is a massive vagina fan, infant or otherwise. 

It was whiskychimp.

9 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

I’m having a nightmare on here tonight, I can’t believe I’ve basically called a poster a juvenile rug muncher with little*or no evidence.

We'll have to recreate the entire thread with a replacement poster

The company I work for are on a ‘knife edge’ regarding whether or not it will continue to exist. My line manager took us all aside around two weeks ago and explained the situation, stating that we had to look after number 1 and if we were offered a job elsewhere from then until the end of the financial year we had to take it. The past two weeks have been nothing but a go slow because as you can imagine it’s hard to get motivated with something like that hanging over your head. I got offered a job on Friday and explained I had to work two weeks notice (I don’t) and they were understanding of that. My question now is, do I give it until the end of the week to see if it goes under and get my redundancy package from the government and then start the job or do I just hand in my notice now and go?

4 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

The company I work for are on a ‘knife edge’ regarding whether or not it will continue to exist. My line manager took us all aside around two weeks ago and explained the situation, stating that we had to look after number 1 and if we were offered a job elsewhere from then until the end of the financial year we had to take it. The past two weeks have been nothing but a go slow because as you can imagine it’s hard to get motivated with something like that hanging over your head. I got offered a job on Friday and explained I had to work two weeks notice (I don’t) and they were understanding of that. My question now is, do I give it until the end of the week to see if it goes under and get my redundancy package from the government and then start the job or do I just hand in my notice now and go?

Dear Mr Murty,

I think that in this situation you would be best to cut your losses and leave now.

Good luck with the rest of your career.

Yours etc

Deirdre.

9 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Obviously hold on as long as you can if you think there's a serious chance of redundancy.

1 hour ago, Diamond8 said:

How long have you been there?

1 hour ago, Diamond8 said:

^^^^ Rangers player

Honestly, I’d just bail the now and get cracking somewhere else. I don’t know what kind of severance package you’d get if the company goes bust or if you’d be likely to find out in the next two weeks. Can only assume the potential new employer is on surer footing and will provide security for the foreseeable.

4 hours ago, Diamond8 said:

Wait as long as you can, and then go on the sick from the current company.

Start the new job as planned.

Just wing the rest, hopefully trousering a redundancy payment AND having a new job.

Edited by Boghead ranter

7 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Wait as long as you can, and then go on the sick from the current company.

Start the new job as planned.

Just wing the rest, hopefully trousering a redundancy payment AND having a new job.

Only problem with that is he won't have a P45 for the new job so he'll be paying full whack tax. Like your thinking though.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Only problem with that is he won't have a P45 for the new job so he'll be paying full whack tax. Like your thinking though.

I filed that under "wing it".

Kinda depends on how aggressively the new employer chases the P45 from him. If he's good at stalling, it just might work, especially if the old company go under relatively soon.