Quick Question Thread

Is that Owen Coyle doing the commentary withe the Englishman for the Blackburn - Chelsea game on 5Live? :lol:

Apparently not. Who the hell is Kevin Gallagher?

Did he not use to play for Scotland? :unsure: Name rings a bell anyway.

Mates 30th on saturday, trying to come up with a vaguely different sort of pub to go to in glasgow. ( we're wildly adventerous i know! ) We're thinking merchant city sort of area, does anyone have any suggestions?

Go with the Pot Still on Hope Street. Not too big, but not too small. It has a wide selection of Malt Whisky as well. Lovely wee pub.

I know what you mean!

Does anyone have a video of him scoring that cracking curling effort for Scotland? For some reason I think it was against the Czech Republic, could be wrong.

That was against Austria as we won 2-0 at Parkhead on the way to qualifying for France 98. A glorious night. Think Darren Jackson might have got the other.

My friend is taking this girl out for the first time up in Glasgow. What can he do to make the night a bit more different and memorable rather than just a trawl of a few bars?

Kick her in the pie. She won't forget that in a hurry.

Had to be said.

Kick her in the pie. She won't forget that in a hurry.

Had to be said.

:lol::lol::lol:

If it's tonight, (Thursday 3rd) around 19:30 - 20:00 hrs, he could take her to The Solid Rock Cafe by Central Station, downstairs bar. We'll be slaughtering the goat around 21:00 hrs followed by the virgin sacrifice (if we can find one) and general, all-'comers' welcome orgy afterwards. :ph34r::rolleyes:

See when they build wind-turbines, why do they build them so far apart?

I think you could double the energy produced by just building another one directly behind all of the ones that currently exist. The blades only move round and round, it's not like it's going to go fleeing backwards and crash into the new one. In fact, I'd just build them all in a massive line, with a metre or two in between.

See when they build wind-turbines, why do they build them so far apart?

I think you could double the energy produced by just building another one directly behind all of the ones that currently exist. The blades only move round and round, it's not like it's going to go fleeing backwards and crash into the new one. In fact, I'd just build them all in a massive line, with a metre or two in between.

I just find it funny that they're coloured light grey to blend in with the clouds .

I just find it funny that they're coloured light grey to blend in with the clouds .

There are two massive ones near Dundee and IIRC there was some crackpot proposal to paint them like giant flowers.