Quick Question Thread

See when you're cooking two things in one oven, and they're to be cooked at different temperatures, what do you do? Say you've got something to be cooked at 220 for 18 minutes and another thing as part of the same meal to be cooked at 180 for 12 minutes.

I sometimes face this quandary if I'm having mates round and heating up pizza and garlic bread or chips (nothing but the finest when you come to mine for Friday night beers)

At the moment I would set the oven to 180 and cook the higher temp item for longer than 18 minutes to avoid burning or not cooking properly the lower temp item. But I don't know if this is right.

i usually put the item requiring the longer cooking time for longer on the lower temp,but if 1 thing is looking like its cooked and going to burn ill take it out and put it back in the oven on the bottom shelf just before the other item is ready.

usually works for me

See when you're cooking two things in one oven, and they're to be cooked at different temperatures, what do you do? Say you've got something to be cooked at 220 for 18 minutes and another thing as part of the same meal to be cooked at 180 for 12 minutes.

I sometimes face this quandary if I'm having mates round and heating up pizza and garlic bread or chips (nothing but the finest when you come to mine for Friday night beers)

At the moment I would set the oven to 180 and cook the higher temp item for longer than 18 minutes to avoid burning or not cooking properly the lower temp item. But I don't know if this is right.

There really isn't much you can do other than come to some time/temperature comprimise, though there is a likelyhood both parts of the mean will taste worse than they should.

Anyone good at Higher PE?

Select one method of training and explain why this method was appropriate. Describe in detail one training session using this method.

Its on Basketball and is for 6 marks.

Cheers.

Anyone good at Higher PE?

Select one method of training and explain why this method was appropriate. Describe in detail one training session using this method.

Its on Basketball and is for 6 marks.

Cheers.

I got it! :D

I think.

Can someone assist me with this one:

When Darren Fletcher scored for Man Utd vs Portsmouth the other week and the commentator said "There's an arrow from Fletcher?",folk around me watching it laughed, I passed this off without thinking about it. I now see on BBC sport quotes of the week this is apparently a 'joke':

"That's an arrow from Fletcher!"

Alan Smith after Darren Fletcher scored for United against Portsmouth. Arrow... Fletcher, geddit? Took me a while as well. (From BBC website)

I do not get this, can someone please explain the joke to me, it is annoying me no end.

Can someone assist me with this one:

When Darren Fletcher scored for Man Utd vs Portsmouth the other week and the commentator said "There's an arrow from Fletcher?",folk around me watching it laughed, I passed this off without thinking about it. I now see on BBC sport quotes of the week this is apparently a 'joke':

"That's an arrow from Fletcher!"

Alan Smith after Darren Fletcher scored for United against Portsmouth. Arrow... Fletcher, geddit? Took me a while as well. (From BBC website)

I do not get this, can someone please explain the joke to me, it is annoying me no end.

Assuming you're being serious...

A Fletcher is a person who makes arrows!!! :huh:

Anyone here with Clydesdale bank and had a new bank card issued recently? I've got a maestro and was telt I'd be sent out a Debit MasterCard at the beginning of November. Still haven't received it :(

I'm with Lloyds and I asked for a debit card and they said they'd sent it out. Nothing for weeks until I went and saw them and I got one through the door a few days later.

Anyway, back to these wind turbines. Why do I often seem to see them completely motionless when there is a bit of wind around. Are they turned on and off quite regularly for some reason? Seems to kind of defeat the purpose.

They need a minimum amount of wind to start. However, sometimes they can be stopped for maintenance or because the grid doesn't want them to generate.