Quick Question Thread

How do they decide who wins in a postponed game?

Was listening to the posh guy round up the scottish third division games. All were postponed. Three home wins, an away win and a score draw. Couldn't see the logic in it.

Hello Arch.

maybe if you didnt throw dvd players off walls people might answer your questions.

How do they decide who wins in a postponed game?

Was listening to the posh guy round up the scottish third division games. All were postponed. Three home wins, an away win and a score draw. Couldn't see the logic in it.

I think it's done from the Pools Panel Prediction provided before the match.

Puts a head on the beer. Of course, if your question is how they perform this, I haven't a sodding clue.

I didn't know what it did so cheers for that. :)

Havimg said that, if anyone does know how it happens.......

I didn't know what it did so cheers for that. :)

Havimg said that, if anyone does know how it happens.......

Some canned beers are pressurized by adding liquid nitrogen, which vaporises and expands in volume after the can is sealed, forcing gas and beer into the widget's hollow interior through a tiny hole—the less beer the better for subsequent head quality. In addition, some nitrogen dissolves in the beer which also contains dissolved carbon dioxide. It is important that oxygen be eliminated from any process developed as this can cause flavour deterioration when present.

The presence of dissolved nitrogen allows smaller bubbles to be formed with consequently greater creaminess of the subsequent head. This is because the smaller bubbles need a higher internal pressure to balance the greater surface tension, which is inversely proportional to the radius of the bubbles. Achieving this higher pressure would not be possible with just dissolved carbon dioxide, as the greater solubility of this gas compared to nitrogen would create an unacceptably large head.

When the can is opened, the pressure in the can quickly drops, causing the pressurised gas and beer inside the widget to jet out from the hole. This agitation on the surrounding beer causes a chain reaction of bubble formation throughout the beer. The result, when the can is then poured out, is a surging mixture in the glass of very small gas bubbles and liquid.

This is the case with certain types of draught beer such as draught stouts. In the case of these draught beers, which before dispensing also contain a mixture of dissolved nitrogen and carbon dioxide, the agitation is caused by forcing the beer under pressure through small holes in a restrictor in the tap. The surging mixture gradually settles to produce a very creamy head.

:P

Some canned beers are pressurized by adding liquid nitrogen, which vaporises and expands in volume after the can is sealed, forcing gas and beer into the widget's hollow interior through a tiny hole—the less beer the better for subsequent head quality. In addition, some nitrogen dissolves in the beer which also contains dissolved carbon dioxide. It is important that oxygen be eliminated from any process developed as this can cause flavour deterioration when present.

The presence of dissolved nitrogen allows smaller bubbles to be formed with consequently greater creaminess of the subsequent head. This is because the smaller bubbles need a higher internal pressure to balance the greater surface tension, which is inversely proportional to the radius of the bubbles. Achieving this higher pressure would not be possible with just dissolved carbon dioxide, as the greater solubility of this gas compared to nitrogen would create an unacceptably large head.

When the can is opened, the pressure in the can quickly drops, causing the pressurised gas and beer inside the widget to jet out from the hole. This agitation on the surrounding beer causes a chain reaction of bubble formation throughout the beer. The result, when the can is then poured out, is a surging mixture in the glass of very small gas bubbles and liquid.

This is the case with certain types of draught beer such as draught stouts. In the case of these draught beers, which before dispensing also contain a mixture of dissolved nitrogen and carbon dioxide, the agitation is caused by forcing the beer under pressure through small holes in a restrictor in the tap. The surging mixture gradually settles to produce a very creamy head.

*waves to wiki*

My (other computer) appears to be infected with a virus and I can't open any programs so can't install Norton security. I can still get on the internet (albeit only on Mozilla for some reason) so is there anyway I can remove this virus from my computer through a free internet scan?

What's the easiest way to get to Dunfermline Sheriff Court by public transport from Glasgow?

There's a bus that'll take you straight from Buchanan Street.

X26 Timetable

X24 Timetable

I'm not sure which is quicker, or which suits you better, but that's the two express buses. They'll be much quicker than the train, which you'll have to change at least once, and probably twice.

The Sheriff Court is more or less just across the road from the bus station.

What's the easiest way to get to Dunfermline Sheriff Court by public transport from Glasgow?

If going by train it would be a train to Edinburgh Haymarket then one to Dunfermline Queen Margaret then a brisk walk or taxi to the court.

There's a bus that'll take you straight from Buchanan Street.

X26 Timetable

X24 Timetable

I'm not sure which is quicker, or which suits you better, but that's the two express buses. They'll be much quicker than the train, which you'll have to change at least once, and probably twice.

The Sheriff Court is more or less just across the road from the bus station.

Cheers.

Considering you live in Stirling, do you know what I'd get back from Dunfermline to Stirling?

Thanks for the help monkeyblair, but I hate waiting around at Edinburgh Waverley. No changes would suit me best.

Edited by The Arch

Cheers.

Considering you live in Stirling, do you know what I'd get back from Dunfermline to Stirling?

Well, yeah, but I'm loathe to even tell you what it is, because it's the worst bus in the history of the world.

The 78 goes through every god forsaken hell hole inbetween the two, and goes well out of its way to visit some specially. It's actually changed since I last got it, but I don't imagine it's any better.

It pains me to recommend it to you, but your quickest way is the 78 bus that Dunc linked to above, unless you happen to just miss it (I'd highly recommend this) then the train to Edinburgh then Stirling would be the best option.

Dunfermline to Stirling is a thirty minute journey in the car. It takes an hour and forty minutes on this bus. You'll get to see some nice sights, and even nicer passengers, when it goes through High Valleyfield, Kincardine, Clackmannan, Tullibody, and Alloa. It even passes Recreation Park.

In short, it's a fucking hell hole of a thing but it's your quickest option.

I plan on making a beef curry tonight and normally what I (my girlfriend) do is cook it with a wok and add curry paste along with chopped tomatoes, onions etc...

However, I have came across a jar of curry sauce in my cupboard (Balti, YUM!) and was wondering if I could just chop up the beef and put it in a dish and then pour the curry sauce into said dish and bung it in the oven. Should I add anything else or will it turn out OK this way? Also, anyone got any idea how long it will take and what temperature I should put it in at?

Much appreciated. 8)

I plan on making a beef curry tonight and normally what I (my girlfriend) do is cook it with a wok and add curry paste along with chopped tomatoes, onions etc...

However, I have came across a jar of curry sauce in my cupboard (Balti, YUM!) and was wondering if I could just chop up the beef and put it in a dish and then pour the curry sauce into said dish and bung it in the oven. Should I add anything else or will it turn out OK this way? Also, anyone got any idea how long it will take and what temperature I should put it in at?

Much appreciated. 8)

Aye, it'll turn out fine. No idea about the temperature though. :)

Much appreciated. 8)

Personally I would stick to browning your meat in the wok, adding in the curry sauce and just letting it simmer for about 10 minutes or so.

Doing a curry in the oven is not great.

Personally I would stick to browning your meat in the wok, adding in the curry sauce and just letting it simmer for about 10 minutes or so.

Doing a curry in the oven is not great.

I would but I had to throw the wok out as the last curry was left on the hob for too long!

I would but I had to throw the wok out as the last curry was left on the hob for too long!

You can do it just as easily in a saucepan, instead of a wok. Just make sure you keep stirring it so it doesn't stick to the bottom.

Balti is by far one of the worst though... Much prefer a nice madras or a jalfrezi.