Quick Question Thread

Is there an easy solution to windscreen washers being frozen??

Despite putting in practically neat washer fluid before the cold snap they have still frozen over and have not worked for days...

Aye, move to Brazil. :P

Is there an easy solution to windscreen washers being frozen??

Despite putting in practically neat washer fluid before the cold snap they have still frozen over and have not worked for days...

I'm not sure there's much you can do, but I wish there was. In the last week I've driven down the M9 twice with hardly any fecking visibility. The first time I had to pull in at the services at Stirling and clean my windscreen with Sprite Zero.

Why does Cuba allow the US to operate Guantanamo? Given the hostility between the countries since the revolution,i surprised Cuba hasn't kicked them out.I guess money is involved.

It sort of "allows" them because it doesn't really have much choice. There was a treaty at some point around 1900 that granted the US control of Guantanamo Bay, but Fidel and co don't recognise this, and think it was signed illegally.

There's f**k all they can really do about it, though. Cuba does actually receive rent cheques from the US, but doesn't cash them. One was cashed by mistake at some point, and the US claim that means the treaty was ratified.

I'm not sure there's much you can do, but I wish there was. In the last week I've driven down the M9 twice with hardly any fecking visibility. The first time I had to pull in at the services at Stirling and clean my windscreen with Sprite Zero.

Make that three times! Bloody frozen skoosh. For some reason, the one for the rear window still works though.

Anyway, a quick question...

post-640-1262797257_thumb.jpg

Looking at the above picture (Joining the M9 at Junction 9, heading East, coming from Bannockburn) I'm in the car following the red arrows. I have to stop at the blue line, because there's usually traffic coming round the roundabout. Should I be in the green lane, or the pink one?

I usually stick to the green, but there is a turn off before the one I'm going for, so should I actually be in the pink lane, ready to move out once I've passed the first exit, before the second (the one I want)?

Whenever I drive it, it's never busy enough to be a problem, but I do wonder which line is actually correct.

I hope that's all pretty clear, but it probably isn't.

Why do Sky show Soccer Specials on both Sky Sports News and Sky Sports 1? Why not just show it on Sky Sports News and put something else on Sky Sports 1?

My parents before they recently changed their package had Sky Sports 1-4 but not Sky Sports News so they're catering for more customers I'd guess.

Guest The Phoenix
My parents before they recently changed their package had Sky Sports 1-4 but not Sky Sports News so they're catering for more customers I'd guess.

I thought Sky Sports News was included in the standard package?

Make that three times! Bloody frozen skoosh. For some reason, the one for the rear window still works though.

Anyway, a quick question...

post-640-1262797257_thumb.jpg

Looking at the above picture (Joining the M9 at Junction 9, heading East, coming from Bannockburn) I'm in the car following the red arrows. I have to stop at the blue line, because there's usually traffic coming round the roundabout. Should I be in the green lane, or the pink one?

I usually stick to the green, but there is a turn off before the one I'm going for, so should I actually be in the pink lane, ready to move out once I've passed the first exit, before the second (the one I want)?

Whenever I drive it, it's never busy enough to be a problem, but I do wonder which line is actually correct.

I hope that's all pretty clear, but it probably isn't.

Not to sure Dunc,i did that road the other week,i tend to stay in the left lane as i know i am heading for the M9 and it cuts out the chance of somebody bombing up your nearside and you not seeing them.

Question from another thread, probably won't be answered there, so...

I remember asking my Dad the same question years ago. He believes it was the season that the European Cup changed to the Champions league, so that would have been 1993/94? :unsure:

What is the film (fairly recent) where there is a bomb planted in some government building or something. And the wee chap is playing an instrument, and when he hits a certain note, the bomb goes off?

Eagle Eye.

Ah yeah, so it was. Was that not the same season that Rangers got cheated by Marseille? :P

IIRC, the manager (Goethals) and the Chairman/GM guy were corrupt. Drugs, bribes, referee tampering and bungs were the flavour of the day in that team.

In Andy Goram's autobiography, he tells the story of Mark Hately getting offered a bribe to sit out the game v Marseille.