Quick Question Thread

Nope, no bacon. Really all I have got is some herbs, some butter and some paprika.

I should really make a shopping list of things I need before going.

make yourself a nice wee herb butter sauce,just as capy has explained

What Dunc says is nice.Also if you have anything that you could stuff them with. Onion,garlic etc.Just baton them out a bit with a rolling pin,stuff them roll them up and stick the bacon round it.

Failing that you could cut them in to strips and stir fry.

I don't have any bacon, would I still be able to make a herb and butter sauce then?

make yourself a nice wee herb butter sauce,just as capy has explained

Any idea what I could make to go with this? I was thinking about doing home made wedges, but not sure if I have everything that is needed to make them.

I don't have any bacon, would I still be able to make a herb and butter sauce then?

The bacon was for wrapping around the chicken, not the sauce. Basically, yes, you would.

Any idea what I could make to go with this? I was thinking about doing home made wedges, but not sure if I have everything that is needed to make them.

If you have potatoes, oils, and seasoning of your choice, you have all you need to make a passable attempt at them in the oven, a bit like roasties.

The bacon was for wrapping around the chicken, not the sauce. Basically, yes, you would.

If you have potatoes, oils, and seasoning of your choice, you have all you need to make a passable attempt at them in the oven, a bit like roasties.

Quality stuff! I reckon I'll give this a go then.

It may be easier if you tell us what you do have. Then in true ready steady cook stylee we can come up with a recipe..chef.gif

no bacon required for a herb butter sauce.

for the wedges, chop up the potatoes place on a baking tray,a wee drizzle of oil and cover them in the paprika and slow cook them until crisp

It may be easier if you tell us what you do have. Then in true ready steady cook stylee we can come up with a recipe..chef.gif

Right, upon closer inspection I have -

2x Chicken breast fillets

Butter

Milk

Oregano

Basil

Nutmeg

Potatoes

A wee bit of garlic

Vegetable oil

That's about it. I'm sure there is a wee jar of paprika hiding somewhere, but that may have got used with the failed attempt at fried chicken.

Butter

Milk

Oregano

Basil

Nutmeg

Potatoes

A wee bit of garlic

Vegetable oil

That's about it. I'm sure there is a wee jar of paprika hiding somewhere, but that may have got used with the failed attempt at fried chicken.

i would

flatten out the fillets

put a wee knob of butter and some of the basil and oregano in the middle and roll up the fillets,cook them in a oven for around half n hour remembering to baste them with every now and them with the juices that you will get

make a mash as normal but i would add the garlic at the mashing stage to make garlic mash

to serve,put the mash on the plate add a piece of chicken and pour some of the juice over the chicken and mash

throw away the nutmeg

Edited by doulikefish

Posted on the horse racing thread but to no avail:

Why when a race meeting is off due to the weather does it say xxx meeting has been 'abandoned' and not' cancelled'? Abandoned would imply that the race meeting has already started when it clearly hasnt?

Is this just some sort of racing terminology or am i missing something

Butter

Milk

Oregano

Basil

Nutmeg

Potatoes

A wee bit of garlic

Vegetable oil

You pretty much need to do what has been suggested.You could stuff the chicken with a herb butter,but most of it will leak out. Basil and oregano will go well with it. You could still baton/butterfly the chicken breasts. Wedges will be fine.

i would

flatten out the fillets

put a wee knob of butter and some of the basil and oregano in the middle and roll up the fillets,cook them in a oven for around half n hour remembering to baste them with every now and them with the juices that you will get

make a mash as normal but i would add the garlic at the mashing stage to make garlic mash

to serve,put the mash on the plate add a piece of chicken and pour some of the juice over the chicken and mash

throw away the nutmeg

That sounds lovely! I think I'll do this. What a legend!

Thanks also to Dunc, Capy and the Swampster as well. That's twice in two weeks P&B has helped me make dinner!

You pretty much need to do what has been suggested.You could stuff the chicken with a herb butter,but most of it will leak out. Basil and oregano will go well with it. You could still baton/butterfly the chicken breasts. Wedges will be fine.

Right, personally the thought of Wedges goes down (fnarr) better with me than Mash. Will the wedges turn out OK if I am just using Oregano and Basil?

Right, personally the thought of Wedges goes down (fnarr) better with me than Mash. Will the wedges turn out OK if I am just using Oregano and Basil?

They are two of my favourite herbs,the will be nice with the chicken and the pots. Just sprinkle them on when you pop the spuds in the oven,and use them on the chicken.

I don't know if I do it the standard way or not, but if you're making wedges, I find its best to put some olive oil and salt in a wee bowl, then as you cut the wedges, coat each one with the oil/salt mixture, and put on the tray. Then you can just sprinkle the seasoning over the tray and allow to cook till crispy. Is this the normal way of doing it?

I don't know if I do it the standard way or not, but if you're making wedges, I find its best to put some olive oil and salt in a wee bowl, then as you cut the wedges, coat each one with the oil/salt mixture, and put on the tray. Then you can just sprinkle the seasoning over the tray and allow to cook till crispy. Is this the normal way of doing it?

I had a wee look at a recipe website and they recommend cutting the potatoes, washing and drying them, putting them in a bowl them mixing the stuff you want to put on them into the bowl, including the oil. They recommend some salt, pepper and herbs.

Will I be OK just using vegetable oil? I haven't got any olive oil.

I got some chicken breast fillets out of the freezer for dinner tonight intending to make a curry and after having a quick scout in my cupboards, it's come to my attention that I haven't got any curry sauce left. Normally in this case, I either go out and buy some curry sauce (can't be arsed/skint this time) or I just chop up the chicken and fry it and make some chips to go along with it, but I feel like trying something different tonight.

Anyone have any ideas what I could do instead? I don't have an awful lot of ingredients in the house though, so I'm not too sure what the masses could recommend.

Thanks.

I recommend getting advice from loads of folk then just ignoring them all and letting L-M cook the dinner......sounding familiar??laugh.gif

Will I be OK just using vegetable oil? I haven't got any olive oil.

Vege oil will be fine. Also, for excitement, when you've got them lined up on the tray, sprinkle some extra herbs on some parts of the tray, and different stuff on other parts, giving you a variety of flavours!