Quick Question Thread

That's a good part man. Border of the New and Old Town. Close to the good bars and easy access to most of the sights and public transport. There's also a good steak bar on Zlatnicka road which is just off the square where your hotel is.

If you want anymore info just drop me a PM.

good to know cheers, will be there on the 1st of september or so during my interrail travels and am looking forward to it.

When did it become illegal to drink in public in Glasgow and Edinburgh? I think it was about 2002 in Glasgow but a bit later in Edinburgh.

Pretty sure you can still drink in public in edinburgh. I've certainly never been stopped for it.

Pretty sure you can still drink in public in edinburgh. I've certainly never been stopped for it.

Now that I think about it, you're probably right.

I've lived in Edinburgh for about 3 years over 2 spells, and had it in the back of my head that it had come in at some point everywhere in Scotland in the last couple of years.

A friend was telling me about a show on BBC last week, about these swedish girls, who went on the run, or something, getting hit by lorries and shit laugh.gif i cant remember the name of it, but it was something like Terror on the highway? Was just wondering if anyone had seen it? And if they had what they thought of it and hopefully its on iplayer.

Thanks.

Last Tuesday night it was on. Well worth a view, but a horrible story follows up from their motorway antics.

A friend was telling me about a show on BBC last week, about these swedish girls, who went on the run, or something, getting hit by lorries and shit laugh.gif i cant remember the name of it, but it was something like Terror on the highway? Was just wondering if anyone had seen it? And if they had what they thought of it and hopefully its on iplayer.

Thanks.

It is called Madness In The Fast Lane,But it is no longer available on iplayer.I watched it and it was an amazing watch.

Edited to add-Found It On Youtube

Edited by keithgy

My girlfriend and I are both in agreement on this one, but I'd like to hear someone else's opinion as well before deciding if I need to phone the bank.

Tonight I ordered a couple of books from Amazon and once I processed the order, I realised that the card I had put the order onto wouldn't have enough money in it to cover the fees (I only use this account for my student loan, which obviously hasn't been paid yet).

I cancelled the order (think it was for abour £30) within a minute of placing it, and placed it once again on a card that did have money in it.

Will my bank charge me for this? We thought no, as I cancelled it pretty quickly and it wouldn't have had time to process the payment, and it wasn't a Direct Debit payment so it would be like going to chip and pin with a card that doesn't have cash in it (it doesn't charge you).

I can't really be arsed phoning my bank to confirm as they are hopeless when it comes to telephone baking (TSB) so I'd be much obliged if someone could put my mind at rest.

I ordered a beef fried rice for dinner tonight, and when it arrived and i opened it, there was a fried egg sitting on top of it. This is the first time i've ever had that, from any Chinese, when ordering a fried rice.

Is this pretty common?

I ordered a beef fried rice for dinner tonight, and when it arrived and i opened it, there was a fried egg sitting on top of it. This is the first time i've ever had that, from any Chinese, when ordering a fried rice.

Is this pretty common?

Just phoned my mate who owns a chinese take away and it is not something he has ever done.

Is this pretty common?

It's happened to me once before, I took it as a Brucey Bonus. It helped that I had also ordered chips though, otherwise I imagine it would be a pain in the arse.

I'm looking to try and obtain information i.e police reports, mugshots etc. and dont know how to go about it. I know there are a couple of journos on here who must have an idea of how to do this.

Does this come under the freedom of information act?