Quick Question Thread

Why is it due in December?

Thats just when you hand it in for the Geography department at glasgow

Mine was due in on Thursday 18th Dec 2008 and I started writing it at the start of December. I spent all my time collecting the data and tranferring it from written form to a spreadsheet (300 a b and c axes of clasts at each of 15 points in 6 different rivers (plus a whole load of other measurements/observations!) and analysing it. The writing didn't take all that long.

I was really pissed off that getting data emailed to you from SEPA or any other source is just as credible as what I did, but it was commented that my data set was the best in terms of quality and quantity they'd ever seen from a student.

I'm doing the glacial moraines at Menteith, i'm still collecting clasts and measuring them, most of the stuff is sand, which is what i expected though. My real problem is the fact D. Fabel is near impossible to get a hold of.

Well i'm not as worried before, i thought i'd be miles behind the game, and i can't compare to most of the guys on the course, with me being one of 3 doing a physical project.

Thats just when you hand it in for the Geography department at glasgow

I'm doing the glacial moraines at Menteith, i'm still collecting clasts and measuring them, most of the stuff is sand, which is what i expected though. My real problem is the fact D. Fabel is near impossible to get a hold of.

Well i'm not as worried before, i thought i'd be miles behind the game, and i can't compare to most of the guys on the course, with me being one of 3 doing a physical project.

Probably round the back smoking. That's where I normally found him if he wasn't in his room or taking a class :lol:

I've just popped on Facebook there and there's one less "friend" then there was yesterday. Is there anyway (apart from remembering myself) of finding out who it was that isn't there anymore? I don't care how many friends I have on Facebook but would like to know if somebody has just gotten rid of their account or if I've annoyed somebody.

I've just popped on Facebook there and there's one less "friend" then there was yesterday. Is there anyway (apart from remembering myself) of finding out who it was that isn't there anymore? I don't care how many friends I have on Facebook but would like to know if somebody has just gotten rid of their account or if I've annoyed somebody.

The only way I can think of would be to go through your friend list and see if anyone's missing, which seems a bit time consuming to me. If you work out who's missing and they've just deleted you, you'll still be able to see them comment on other friends' status updates and stuff and they'll appear if you do a search. If they've blocked you or deleted their account, you won't find them at all, so you can't really tell which it is in that instance.

Unless you keep track of who you have on your Friend list, No (AFAIK)

By the way, the number of friends listed tends to fluctuate by one or two daily for some reason.

Edited by Breaking Decency

The only way I can think of would be to go through your friend list and see if anyone's missing, which seems a bit time consuming to me. If you work out who's missing and they've just deleted you, you'll still be able to see them comment on other friends' status updates and stuff and they'll appear if you do a search. If they've blocked you or deleted their account, you won't find them at all, so you can't really tell which it is in that instance.

Unless you keep track of who you have on your Friend list, No (AFAIK)

By the way, the number of friends listed tends to fluctuate by one or two daily for some reason.

Ta.

If someone's deleted me or deleted their account it's nobody that comes to mind, so I guess it makes no difference whatsoever.

I've done 750 words of my dissertation plus nearly all my research, i just need to go out for half a day to dig up some stuff, then analyse it.

It's due December the 13th, so am i doing alright, just keep doing around 1,000 a week, or do i really have to pull the finger out?

Why is it due in December?

My geography one is due in on the 17th of December. I've done almost 3000 words but still have a ton of research to do!

We've talked about getting something more economical than the Kompressor but came to the compromise that the wife drives it the two miles there and back to her work during the week and I get to ream the life out of it at the weekend. I was doing nearly treble the petrol driving it to my work than what I put in the Focus.

You lie to yourself that you'll drive it economically until a clear bit of road comes up or some dafty in his 1 ltr Corsa is trying to scream away from you at the lights.

Foot down, dafty left feeling daft = Big grin that Monster talks of that looks like this >>>>>> :D

One such incident very similar to what you describe with a Micra instead of a Corsa and the inside lane ( :ph34r: ) led to me getting a dressing down by two angry traffic officers and a report sent to the PF.

Fortunately nothing came of it.

Anyone know anywhere in Krakow i would be able to see the game tonight?

There's an Irish pub not too far from the main square that shows most British sporting events. I'd say that'd be your best bet. I think it's called Mbassy.

I'm going to Desenzano del Garda on Tuesday for a conference, coming back on Saturday. I don't need to pay for the hotel and lunches are provided every day, as is one evening meal.

My question is this: how many Euros do you think I should I buy?

There's an Irish pub not too far from the main square that shows most British sporting events. I'd say that'd be your best bet. I think it's called Mbassy.

They might be showing Slovenia vs. NornIrn though. Unless they have two tellies, but it is Poland, they're probably lucky to have indoor cludgies.

I'm going to Desenzano del Garda on Tuesday for a conference, coming back on Saturday. I don't need to pay for the hotel and lunches are provided every day, as is one evening meal.

If I was you, I'd buy a few in the airport just to tide you over on the journey, and then once you're in Italy, just use your bank card to take out what you need over there (take out large sums at a time). Thats what I do at conferences these days.

They might be showing Slovenia vs. NornIrn though. Unless they have two tellies, but it is Poland, they're probably lucky to have indoor cludgies.

:lol: It's actually a pretty decent place. We were in there in February and watched the Scotland v Wales six nations game with a bunch of Welsh folk. They've got loads of tellies showing all different matches.

If I was you, I'd buy a few in the airport just to tide you over on the journey, and then once you're in Italy, just use your bank card to take out what you need over there (take out large sums at a time). Thats what I do at conferences these days.

That would be my preferred option, but RBS are robbing b*****ds with a shit exchange rate and 2% fee.

Although, if I buy too many I would have to exchange them back I suppose and incur an extra fee anyway, unless I find someone else heading to the Eurozone in the near-future...

Edited by The Master

That would be my preferred option, but RBS are robbing b*****ds with a shit exchange rate and 2% fee.

Although, if I buy too many I would have to exchange them back I suppose and incur an extra fee anyway, unless I find someone else heading to the Eurozone in the near-future...

I tend not to worry too much about it, although if you're going to take money out of cash machines, then take loads out at once. Are you not on expenses anyway, so you can claim back whatever you spend?

I dunno. We've never been told that food is claimable, only travel, hotels and fees.

Check it! I claim for all my food, and most people at conferences do. Also, our department issues a medical insurance card on request, just in case, so you might want to look into that!

You are there four nights? One evening meal in total or one per night? I don't really understand why you would phrase it as such if you get one per night but providing one evening meal in the trip is fairly bizarre surely? :blink:

Garda is a relatively inexpensive place as far as tourist venues go. At the end of the day it depends what you are doing and what you are likely to spend money on,

If you're in conferences all day every day then you aren't spending. If you have days off in the week you might want to tour a little. If you want a few beers at night in your own hotel best to put it on your bill unless that's not allowed. If you want a few beers and you aren't allowed to charge it to the hotel then you're going to need cash.

If you do need to buy evening meals then I'd always use a credit card (or debit card I suppose) rather than pay cash. Exchange rate tends to be better than any cash exchanges. You can always use your bank card abroad to get cash of course but if that charges fee that's a pain. Bank of Scotland never charged me any fee for doing so.

I'd tend to travel with 200 Euros or so for a short trip like that but then I know I can get more if I need to and I also never bother to convert Euros back. You can use them so many places that I just tend to keep them to the next trip. I never have that much in Euros that I'm desperate to get it back into Sterling.