Quick Question Thread

Just orded a chinese, it was delivered by a genuine chinaman, is this a sign that it will be good or a sign that it is cheap due to foreign workers

I was in Milan about 6 years ago, and went to an Italian Resaurant on the outskirts.

The guys I was with, walked into, then out of the restaurant, only to go back in again.(Confused).

Turned out, all of the staff were Chineese.

Still had a 34 though.

I worked in a chinese takeaway for 10 years and only one member of the staff was born in China :P

My local Chinese restaurant is run entirely by people that look of 'Eastern Asian origin' lets say (the Chinese do have distinctively different facial features to say Vietnam, Korea and most definitely Japan btw) but one of them has a really strong, natural Aberdeen accent which to me is just weird... when it isn't, and shouldn't be. It makes me feel bad inside, you know what I mean?! She's also the one that answers the phone and greets folk at the door so that you don't need to keep repeating yourself or saying 'excuse me' when phoning up.

While I'm at this, I'm terrible at registering foreign accents, especially on the phone. Is it just because I've been fine tuned into the Scottish voice all my life that I have real difficulty at work whenever an Indian guy tries to have a conversation over lunch? There's only so many times I can use the 'background noise' excuse before it gets incredibly embarrassing for me when everyone else doesn't seem to have a problem.

Edit: Also, I also find it weird when a Scottish woman serves me in, say, an Indian restaurant, which again, shouldn't be weird. From experience, I find Indian restauants a bit more 'family, inward looking' lets say than their Chinese counterparts. Anyone differ / find the same?

Edited by Hedgecutter

Guest The Phoenix

Don't you usually need an MOT certificate present when renewing your cat tax?...because I didnt!

Pussy tax?

When did the Chancellor come up with that one?

Staying in Edinburgh tonight and will be there all day tomorrow too. Anyone suggest good bars and restaurants to check out whilst I'm there?

To be honest in the town centre I can't think of an exceptional boozers. Just head along Rose Street and down the Grassmarket. Plenty of pubs to choose and I'm sure you will find a few that you like.

That place is open all day I'm sure, who wants to go there at half 11 in the morning?

Breakfast buffet.

I'll be staying in the Mercure Point Hotel so the Old Town and city centre are both within easy reach. Ideally, I'm looking for classier places, cost irrelevent really as long as there's a good selection of food and drinks and it has nice decor and clientelle. Same applies to restaurants.

I'll be staying in the Mercure Point Hotel so the Old Town and city centre are both within easy reach. Ideally, I'm looking for classier places, cost irrelevent really as long as there's a good selection of food and drinks and it has nice decor and clientelle. Same applies to restaurants.

Cafe Royal might fit that description for a bar

Looking to buy one of these floor standing punch bag things for my sone,who's getting into martial arts.

He's looking for one thats in the shape of a torso,to practice kicking and puching techniques.

Have seen some on the internet but as they cost around £300 and upards,really would be good to be able to physically see one first.

Anyone know of any shops in Central belt which sell this kind of stuff?

Cheers

Looking to buy one of these floor standing punch bag things for my sone,who's getting into martial arts.

He's looking for one thats in the shape of a torso,to practice kicking and puching techniques.

Have seen some on the internet but as they cost around £300 and upards,really would be good to be able to physically see one first.

Cheers

I'll stand there and take a kicking for £150. Might even fight back on occasion to help develop his skills.

Cheers

Robbie says fitever ye get, stick a Rangers top o'er the tap eh it - he'll be punting his wye through brick wa's before you can say 'Bruce Lee'. wink.gif