Quick Question Thread

On a similar vein as the question about getting citizenship for a diddy country, what country with a fifa registered team has the smallest population? it'd probably be the best place to start with regard the earlier question.

Micronesia, cringe.

Edited by Zen Archer

On a similar vein as the question about getting citizenship for a diddy country, what country with a fifa registered team has the smallest population? it'd probably be the best place to start with regard the earlier question.

Had a look at list of countries by population and think Montserrat has the smallest with 6000 people.

Had a look at list of countries by population and think Montserrat has the smallest with 6000 people.

My geography is awful, so i don't even know where that is. however, given that only ~3000 will be male and probably no more than 1000 of those would be of an age to play (if that many), you'd still need to be pretty good to be in the top 20 players or so.

Montserrat is correct, although half of it is derelict due to a volcanic eruption.

I read an article a few days ago on how they were struggling for numbers for their World Cup qualifier. It could be worth a shot.

Edited by Smurph

My geography is awful, so i don't even know where that is. however, given that only ~3000 will be male and probably no more than 1000 of those would be of an age to play (if that many), you'd still need to be pretty good to be in the top 20 players or so.

It's a tiny island in the Carribbean. They're probably too busy dodging volcanic hazards and keeping themselves above the breadline to care about football.

They just lost 5-2 to Belize in the first leg of a WC qualifier, but Belize might be getting turfed out by FIFA because they're refusing to provide security for the Montserrat team/officials for the second leg.

It's a tiny island in the Carribbean. They're probably too busy dodging volcanic hazards and keeping themselves above the breadline to care about football.

They just lost 5-2 to Belize in the first leg of a WC qualifier, but Belize might be getting turfed out by FIFA because they're refusing to provide security for the Montserrat team/officials for the second leg.

We'll see how the 5 a sides goes, if we do ok we can start looking at our family trees for ways to dislodge members of the current Montserrat back four.

Guest The Phoenix

We'll see how the 5 a sides goes, if we do ok we can start looking at our family trees for ways to dislodge members of the current Montserrat back four.

A couple of days non stop on a sun bed may also be required.

A couple of days non stop on a sun bed may also be required.

Maybe not, mind that white guy St Mirren had who played for Trinidad & Tobago. Whack the factor 50 on by the trowel load and I'll be fine.

I've got an interview on Wednesday and it requires a photocopy of the front cover of my passport as well as the photo page.

Is the front cover just the first page? Why would anyone want a copy of that? The only thing it has on it is my passport number, but that's on the photo page as well.

I've got an interview on Wednesday and it requires a photocopy of the front cover of my passport as well as the photo page.

Is the front cover just the first page? Why would anyone want a copy of that? The only thing it has on it is my passport number, but that's on the photo page as well.

I don't understand either, but do literally what they said, and take your passport along as back up. It's probably an outmoded tradition from old passport formats.

Has anyone sometimes wished they had dual citezenship with some really bad footballing nation, say San Marino or the Faroes and how much easier it would be to get a game for the national team?

Better be quick,there will be no such thing as dual citizenship,if you take another countrys passport you have to give up your uk one and vice versa

Really, my nephew has a US and a UK passport because of his American mother and Scottish father. Do you just mean no more in the future but existing will remain?

im not 100% but a friend is going through his us citizenship just now and thats what he is getting told,hes married to an american and has his visa for living there and pays taxes,i always ask him why the f**k would you want to become a yank??

Better be quick,there will be no such thing as dual citizenship,if you take another countrys passport you have to give up your uk one and vice versa

Your arse you do.

Edit to clarify: I have numerous friends here in Oz who have a British and Aussie passport, I have relatives in the USA who have US and British passports. The only person I've heard who had to give up their original passport was a German women I used to work with who wanted Aussie citizenship.

Edited by Swarley

If someone was to be stupid enough to drink paint stripper, could it kill them? Only a few mouthfulls.

A drop of the caustic substance would literally go straight through you, not stopping to go round the curvy bits. ::(:

Right the Celtic shop uptown in Edinburgh are looking for staff, now as someone who is seriously bored and in need a job.

Can anyone talk me out applying and possibly feeling awful, on the other side I will be taking their money.