Quick Question Thread

I'm picking my parents up from the airport tomorrow at 19.30-20.00. To avoid paying ridiculous prices in the short stay car park (as I'll probably be there a bit early), I was going to park near by and go to pick them up when they phone to say they're ready. Should it be easy enough (and free) to get parked at the Gyle shopping centre? If not, where should I park? Thanks.

Yes but it's a bit far away. There's a Hilton in the airport you can just park up in as long as you stay with the car - even get them to walk along to it and you won't have to pay the pick up fee.

Guest The Phoenix

I'm picking my parents up from the airport tomorrow at 19.30-20.00. To avoid paying ridiculous prices in the short stay car park (as I'll probably be there a bit early), I was going to park near by and go to pick them up when they phone to say they're ready. Should it be easy enough (and free) to get parked at the Gyle shopping centre? If not, where should I park? Thanks.

Drive down the airport road and turn left at the last road before the roundabout that takes you to the terminal.

Drive down that road and take first right and first right again.

There's a recess on the road immediately on your right - park there until you get the call. It's less than two minutes to the terminal and the £1 lift and drop parking.

Drive down the airport road and turn left at the last road before the roundabout that takes you to the terminal.

Drive down that road and take first right and first right again.

:lol:

Don't listen to this! as this is runway number 5

Yeah, I really don't think anti biotics and alcohol went down all that well today. (I'm posting on P&B at midnight).

I'm still doing it on Tuesday, though.

Also, good call on getting back to Paisley from Glasgow.

there is free parking about a 10 minute walk from the terminal,if you go to the pick up point it will cost you a £1 and you can only hang around for 10 minutes,so park in the free bit and wait until your folks have your luggage and nip down and pick them up

Ah but how random is random? Is it truly possible to measure and affirm whether a number generator is absolutely random? ;)

The methods used for random number generation mean that it is not absolutely random, but is as close an approximation to completely randomness as is possible. The approximation to randomness used by computers now is so good that it would be very difficult to distinguish from a completely random pattern.

The methods used for random number generation mean that it is not absolutely random, but is as close an approximation to completely randomness as is possible. The approximation to randomness used by computers now is so good that it would be very difficult to distinguish from a completely random pattern.

I'm just struggling to grasp conceptually how you can measure randomness. You can certainly look at a system and conclude, based on logic components that it is not random, but how do you go about measuring the absence of logical components to conclude something is truly random?

Does that make sense?

I'm just struggling to grasp conceptually how you can measure randomness. You can certainly look at a system and conclude, based on logic components that it is not random, but how do you go about measuring the absence of logical components to conclude something is truly random?

Does that make sense?

It makes perfect sense, yes. But therein lies the issue, randomness, by its very definition, is difficult to measure, that's the point.

Does that make sense?

Jesus, it's like reading a teenagers Bebo page. Random!!!!!! Lolz!

Does that make sense?

Perfect sense. It is one of these things which is easy to disprove, but impossible to really prove.

My 15 year old niece is down visiting for a few days

So what to do with a 15 year old girl in fife and embra for a few days??

serious answers received with thanks,smut answers received with a laugh

Guest The Phoenix

Double post!!

You are bricking it, aren't you? :lol:

how far are you from tynecastle?

Double post!!

You are bricking it, aren't you? :lol:

Yip she plays fitba for the scottish schools so im reserving a day in the weege to go to the fitba museum,thinking ill take her to the zoo 2mr,but im looking for at least a few more things

Yip she plays fitba for the scottish schools so im reserving a day in the weege to go to the fitba museum,thinking ill take her to the zoo 2mr,but im looking for at least a few more things

Does she like roasts? would pass the day!