Quick Question Thread

My 15 year old niece is down visiting for a few days

So what to do with a 15 year old girl in fife and embra for a few days??

serious answers received with thanks,smut answers received with a laugh

how far are you from tynecastle?

Double post!!

You are bricking it, aren't you? :lol:

Yip she plays fitba for the scottish schools so im reserving a day in the weege to go to the fitba museum,thinking ill take her to the zoo 2mr,but im looking for at least a few more things

Yip she plays fitba for the scottish schools so im reserving a day in the weege to go to the fitba museum,thinking ill take her to the zoo 2mr,but im looking for at least a few more things

Does she like roasts? would pass the day!

Guest The Phoenix

Bring her to Doubletree Dunblane Stadium and I'll give you a guided tour behind the scenes.

The Trophy Cabinet should take a couple of minutes.

Guest The Phoenix

minutes? :unsure:

A measure of time that can be broken down into seconds of which there are 60 in one minute.

Slightly surprised you weren't aware of this but credit for asking probably the quickest question ever posed on here.

Anyone looking for TITP tickets? I have 4 to sell for a mate. Already posted in the Gig Tickets thread but thought I'd put it here too for visibility.

All tickets are 3 day tickets, non-camping. Looking for face value of £193 each ticket.

My Facebook feed is full of folk selling T tickets, why isn't there much appeal about it this year?

Shite line up is my guess. The tickets I'm selling were offered to me by a work colleague who's now not going and neither are the other 3 people that he had got tickets for. I took a look at the line up and decided I didn't fancy it either. I know a number of folk who're going purely to get stocious, but I don't see the point personally, I can get hammered at home.

I'm applying for jobs right now and after a long search, i've lost my exam certificates (Standard Grades and Highers). How would I go about getting a new bunch sent to me?

Do employers actually ask for copies of your exam certificates? Surely you can just list them on your CV?

Do employers actually ask for copies of your exam certificates? Surely you can just list them on your CV?

I work for Fife Council, a few years ago a colleague applied for a university course through the department.

It turned out that he needed an HND to qualify for the course.

He had claimed at his interview and on his CV that he already had an HND.

Bottom line is, he resigned and all shit rained down on the department, so from then on original certificates have to be presented.

My Papa is looking for a book on old Scottish railway stations - pictures, information, maps and that sort of thing. Does anyone know of a good one?

If I pour Cider from glass bottles into a big plastic bottle will this kill the fizz from the cider even with the plastic bottle sealed?

Yes it will but you can save this happening if you break an alkaseltzer tablet or similar effervescent into the plastic bottle before you decant it. Andrews salts are just as effective but you'll need about 5 teaspoons per litre. Make sure the plastic bottle is clean and dry first.

My Papa is looking for a book on old Scottish railway stations - pictures, information, maps and that sort of thing. Does anyone know of a good one?

Try googling for Ian Allan publishing website.

They do most of the transport magazines and have an online store.

Another option might be the shop the new museum of transport has if you're in Glasgow.

We tend to ask for copies of all exam certificates, but only give any close examination to the "required" ones for the particular job.

Usually that tends to be degrees or professional qualifications, but it could be highers/standard grades for some posts.

When I started with my current employers, I wasn't asked to show my degree/professional qualifications, but I knew that the interviewer had checked me out through colleagues we both knew.

However, I've heard vague rumours* that my employers employed someone a few years later (in a different section!) who couldn't provide proof of quialifications when asked later

As a result, when interviewing recently, I had to ask someone I've known (vaguely) for a number of years to produce a piece of paper to show he was professionally qualified to do the job he had applied for.

* Obviously my employers have never made a mistake, so this vile rumour must be untrue