Quick Question Thread

I'm sending an item back that I bought online. Am I entitled to being paid a refund on the cost of the postage and packaging?

Not necessarily but I sent a pair of trainers back to USC and they refunded me (more than) the delivery costs and sent me a cheque.

Not necessarily but I sent a pair of trainers back to USC and they refunded me (more than) the delivery costs and sent me a cheque.

Yeah a few places are like that. Most will offer a full refund of the item only.

Pretty surprised at USC, considering they're owned by Sports Direct who despise offering refunds. They usually offer credit notes, the tight b*****ds.

Does anyone know if you're entitled to a monetary refund if it's an online purchase as opposed to in-store?

Can anyone work out for me exactly how much holiday time I am due from work (I am clueless at these things and so is every other c**t in there).

Situation is - I started a new job on Wednesday October 9th and was today told that I am due a few paid holidays before the end of 2013 but am unsure exactly how much.

The holiday structure is 28 days a year pro rata (which includes 2 days at Christmas that I will have to deduct from what I am due).

Can anyone work out for me exactly how much holiday time I am due from work (I am clueless at these things and so is every other c**t in there).

Situation is - I started a new job on Wednesday October 9th and was today told that I am due a few paid holidays before the end of 2013 but am unsure exactly how much.

The holiday structure is 28 days a year pro rata (which includes 2 days at Christmas that I will have to deduct from what I am due).

When does the leave year begin? Is it just Jan to Dec? If so it'll be about 3 days until the end of December Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Had a look online but thought if ask here, I need to renew my passport but I'm not sure what I need to take to the passport office. I'm assuming my old passport, a driving license for proof of identity and are there forms I can get at the office or will I need to get them from a post office or something?

Had a look online but thought if ask here, I need to renew my passport but I'm not sure what I need to take to the passport office. I'm assuming my old passport, a driving license for proof of identity and are there forms I can get at the office or will I need to get them from a post office or something?

I take it you're getting the same day premium service? I did this not so long ago.

Not sure if you can get the form there, you would think so... But in any case you should complete the form prior to the appointment. You can pick one up at the post office or even fill it out online but they post it to you...

So you need, your old passport, proof of ID, utility bill (they don't ask for it but good to cover bases) the completed form and most importantly.. The moolah. Oh, and new photos if you're changing that.

I take it you're getting the same day premium service? I did this not so long ago.

Not sure if you can get the form there, you would think so... But in any case you should complete the form prior to the appointment. You can pick one up at the post office or even fill it out online but they post it to you...

So you need, your old passport, proof of ID, utility bill (they don't ask for it but good to cover bases) the completed form and most importantly.. The moolah. Oh, and new photos if you're changing that.

It's a good idea to sign the signature box first. There's nothing more frustrating than filling in the whole form then having your signature not quite fit & go over the line........

Didn't really deserve a thread of its own, where would i go for decent advice on the kind of work i should be applying for ?

really want to get out of call centre work

Reed, Indeed and DirectGov are probably the most obvious. DirectGov update with quite a lot of new posts daily. What sort of work are you looking for?