Quick Question Thread

Does anyone have any suggestions for hay fever relief? I've tried the usual over the counter remedies but they're doing hee haw. I've never suffered as badly from it as I am this summer.

Get to the doctor's and they'll give you the good stuff. Try putting vaseline on your eyelashes and the pollen should stick to that rather than ending up in your eyes.

Do RBS customers get paid on the Saturday if the last working day falls on a Monday? I know some banks do this but I can't remember if RBS do.

Whenever my bursary's due on a Monday I get it on the Saturday, yes.

Get to the doctor's and they'll give you the good stuff. Try putting vaseline on your eyelashes and the pollen should stick to that rather than ending up in your eyes.

I'll give that a try and if it's not any better I'll go I the docs.

I just sneezed 21 times in a row there. :(

Awesome. A sneeze is about 1/100th of an orgasm. Apparently. I read it somewhere once.

As Mrs M says I'd go to the doctor ASAP tbh. Last week I tried just battling through my hayfever with the over the counter stuff and after the third day of symptoms I was basically bed-ridden with a pounding head worse than I've ever had and a general ill feeling where I barely had the energy to stand anymore. Went to the doctor and got given Desloratadine and it's worked absolute wonders so now all I've got is a stuffy nose and sneezing a bit, feels amazing.

ETA: Answering the question above I forgot to post mine. Does anyone know how to watch iplayer when abroad?

Edited by Honest_Man#1

Does anyone have any suggestions for hay fever relief? I've tried the usual over the counter remedies but they're doing hee haw. I've never suffered as badly from it as I am this summer.

Move to Oregon / Washington states, get a summer job working outdoors all day for the worst time of your life and crash your bike, causing you to land headfirst into someone's flowerbeds (resulting in yellow gunk forming over your eyes temporarily making you blind). It'll generally sort you out upon your return to Scotland (with the occasional throat itch on high pollen count days which a basic Boots el-cheapo antihistamine can deal with).

Tried and tested. I used to get it pretty bad until then.

Edited by Hedgecutter

As Mrs M says I'd go to the doctor ASAP tbh. Last week I tried just battling through my hayfever with the over the counter stuff and after the third day of symptoms I was basically bed-ridden with a pounding head worse than I've ever had and a general ill feeling where I barely had the energy to stand anymore. Went to the doctor and got given Desloratadine and it's worked absolute wonders so now all I've got is a stuffy nose and sneezing a bit, feels amazing.

ETA: Answering the question above I forgot to post mine. Does anyone know how to watch iplayer when abroad?

I've just came back from the doctors to get something for hayfever as I get it bad every year. Now on Certizine tablets, Beconase nose spray and Cromoglicate eye drops. Hopefully they do the trick.