Quick Question Thread

I've been toying with the idea of getting my daughter a wee fish tank as a couple of her pals have them and she seems to love them. I don't want to just get a plastic bowl and fling in a couple of goldfish as that seems a bit cruel.

Does anyone on here keep fish, either cold water or tropical? I'm looking for advice on what are the do's and don'ts.

As G_Man said, tropical fish are pretty easy to look after. Guppies are also a good choice, as theres a good chance you'll get babies

Did there used to be a thread on P&B where it was just everyone reliving the greatest hits of people making an arse of themselves or did I dream that?

Nah, there definitely is Bud.

Can't remember what is was called, something like "best/worst thing you've ever seen on P&B".

Probably Paulo's betting "system" or Doyle's post about how his gf looked like Katy Perry were my faves.

Edited by AberdeenBud

If you relived your life (identical surroundings and completely unaware that you were reliving it), would you make exactly the same choices all the way through it, or would your mind one day choose pasta over fish for dinner, potentially setting you off on a completely different path?

Edited by Hedgecutter

Another plumbing question...

How much is an acceptable amount to offer a plumber to re-seal a bath (it's been a tricky b*****d, I've tried to do it once but keeps leaking)?

I've got a plumber coming in to do bits with our new kitchen and figured I could get him to do the bath whilst he's here.

Had an interview today for a job at Edinburgh Park, went quite well. Might just get out of call centre life.

Would have to move to Edinburgh pretty short notice if I do. Any advice anyone can offer for moving over there?

Had an interview today for a job at Edinburgh Park, went quite well. Might just get out of call centre life.

Would have to move to Edinburgh pretty short notice if I do. Any advice anyone can offer for moving over there?

Best 'O' luck, D.

Paisley's prince.

I've been toying with the idea of getting my daughter a wee fish tank as a couple of her pals have them and she seems to love them. I don't want to just get a plastic bowl and fling in a couple of goldfish as that seems a bit cruel.

Does anyone on here keep fish, either cold water or tropical? I'm looking for advice on what are the do's and don'ts.

There's a fish thread near the top of this sub-forum you'd maybe be better posting in that.