Quick Question Thread

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Got a letter through regarding the liquidation of ecosave, the company who did my cavity wall insulation. It was free, no money changed hands but the letter speaks as if we hold an insurance policy with them hence why we are being notified.

Bin or keep? 90% certain its bin...

Not sure but dont these cavity wall procedures come with a guarantee of a certain amount of years? It could be something to do with that possibly becoming null and void if they are no longer around to back up any kind of claim.

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Where's good to eat in Aberdeen city centre, preferably not any of the chains in union square?

Option 2 is to get room service and spend the entire night watching the meltdowns continue, in the heads gone thread.

There are a few quality Thai restaurants. Like Bairnardo says, Sabai is superb. Royal Thai on Crown Terrace, Thai Cottage on Rose Street and Siam Thai on Castle street are all excellent too. The one one Rose street will be the second closest if you're just around the corner from Sabai but, IMO, the others are much better.

There's an Indian restaurant called Maya is on King Street, it's great but it'll be a fair walk from where you're staying.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Usually after a time negotiated the night before to avoid my folks getting dragged up at 0400.

Couple of small gifts placed in stocking on the end of my bed to appease me until approved wake up time reached.

Without wanting to sound like the Four Yorkshiremen, but we had it tough in our family. 

We didn't get our presents until after Christmas lunch AND the washing up. So some years it was as late as 4 o'clock in the fucking afternoon. 

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Am I the only person who, as a child, got an advent calendar each year that was completely flat and contained no chocolate?

I got them too. Just wee pictures. Shite. Chocolate ones came in later on.