Quick Question Thread

Right I had a shot of my girlfriends mum's car. She and her were both in the car also. Now her mum is an "advanced driver" and got on my tits telling me everything I was doing wrong. I dont shout at her when she goes double the speed you should up to junctions and around rundabouts. Anyway, she really got on at me as I wasnt in the seat properly. According to her the top part of my leg has to be flat on the seat. Now I drive with my seat really close to the wheel so I feel I have full control of the pedals. In her position I feel im sretching to reach them. Am I right for being comfortable or is she right? :huh:

You should comfortably be able to depress the clutch with your leg just about straightening as it's fully down, without have to stretch. Too far away is bad for your back, to close is bad for your knees.

You should comfortably be able to depress the clutch with your leg just about straightening as it's fully down, without have to stretch. Too far away is bad for your back, to close is bad for your knees.

See I like being close as I find it comfy. Its not against the rules to do it tho is it? She was saying I shouldnt of passed my test sitting like that. :huh:

See I like being close as I find it comfy. Its not against the rules to do it tho is it? She was saying I shouldnt of passed my test sitting like that. :huh:

It's not against any rule - it's up to you how you sit. Tell her she's a fucking arsehole, that will set you off on the proper mother in law /son in law relationship to start with ;)

It's not against any rule - it's up to you how you sit. Tell her she's a fucking arsehole, that will set you off on the proper mother in law /son in law relationship to start with ;)

Im not a son in law, yet. :P

The search function on this is shite. I was looking for a post match thread for the Clyde 2-1 Celtic game when I first join. Wisny for happening.

No such thread exists, that's why.

This the one you're after?

I find the best idea is to just use Google. Search for want you want, followed by "site:http://www.pieandbovril.com" I just put in "exam answers" and got that second or third result. Much better than the on-site search engine.

I'm afraid I don't think that's the one I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help though.

That said, it could be the correct one, but FB's examples are no longer viewable, so I'm not sure.

Guest The Phoenix

Before. Dave and Nessa got engaged in the Christmas one and their wedding is in the third series.

I always wanted to punch Dave for his treatment of Smithy.

Not a question, just a statement of fact.

Going to get back to watching the Gavin and Stacey boxset. Was the 'Christmas Special' before or after season three?

Before.

edit: Ha ha! I managed to give a correct answer, and not ruin it for the poor boy. In your face, LM.

Edited by GypsyTillIDie

Guest The Phoenix

Looking for a good italian restaurant in Glasgow to take the girlfriend to. Any recomendations?

I was thinking Amarone or La Parmigiana.

Price isn't much of a factor.

La Parmigiana 443 Great Western Rd

Blow your money and hope she repays the compliment.

Looking for a good italian restaurant in Glasgow to take the girlfriend to. Any recomendations?

I was thinking Amarone or La Parmigiana.

Price isn't much of a factor.

La Riviera and Gambrino's.

I've not been to the former in years, but as far as I can remember it was cracking. The latter is really good. The pizza's are superb.