Quick Question Thread

14 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Is the trend of pretty much every teenage girl wearing those God awful, so-called ripped trousers (the ones with the most fake of horizontal suits that would never be the result of genuine wear and tear... even if you were a tiger fighter) a nation-wide trend just now, or is it just Aberdeen? I'm genuinely talking 75+% of them just now.

Awaits the b***t treatment in 3, 2, 1...

They are everywhere. In addition to those mentioned I've seen them rife in Glasgow and Dumfries and various places on the telly.

No wonder some folk hate us.

Lowly paid sweatshop worker makes pair of jeans. These are then transported to another shed where another set of lowly paid sweatshop workers are told to rip holes in them. Distressed my arse!

4 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

They are everywhere. In addition to those mentioned I've seen them rife in Glasgow and Dumfries and various places on the telly.

No wonder some folk hate us.

Lowly paid sweatshop worker makes pair of jeans. These are then transported to another shed where another set of lowly paid sweatshop workers are told to rip holes in them. Distressed my arse!

The workers making the jeans should surely get paid more than the those ripping holes in them?

If I use the Just Eat app, do I pay a wee bit more than I would buy going to the shop in person, or does the shop receive a wee bit less than they would if I went in in person?

Don't think you pay more, but if you have, I think you can contact just eat and they give you money back / money off the next order.

10 minutes ago, deej said:

Don't think you pay more, but if you have, I think you can contact just eat and they give you money back / money off the next order.

I'm not complaining, I was just wondering whether I pay a bit extra for the privilege of having my chippy delivered to me, or if the chippy owner takes a slight hit for the privilege of having his business on Just Eat.

10 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

We had to go in to the travel agents and change our upcoming holiday due to the hurricane. I just wanted to check if i'm over reacting but basically someone from an insurance company that my wife uses for work (that shes only met once previously) has emailed her (on her work account ) this morning saying 'Saw you in the travel agents did you have to cancel your holiday too, how did you get on'. Now I think this is creepy, (i appreciate that ill get a few folks saying 'oh shes probably shagging him etc' in true p&b fashion) but I'd just like to think im not alone in thinking this is inappropriate?

Sounds like a legitimate question if he's met her before and is going through the same problem*. Don't see anything inappropriate unless there are unrelated follow up emails. 

Spoiler

And wants to shag her rotten.

9 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

When I say met her before she signed a document about 2 years ago and hadn't ever conversed with him. Fair enough though, I just wouldnt have done it myself but sometimes its good to get an outsiders perspective.

I might do with an introductory apology for my brazenness. It might have been helpful to either party to know if one of you had got a better deal.

P.S. Didn't know people still used Travel Agents.

Edited by welshbairn

We had to go in to the travel agents and change our upcoming holiday due to the hurricane. I just wanted to check if i'm over reacting but basically someone from an insurance company that my wife uses for work (that shes only met once previously) has emailed her (on her work account ) this morning saying 'Saw you in the travel agents did you have to cancel your holiday too, how did you get on'. Now I think this is creepy, (i appreciate that ill get a few folks saying 'oh shes probably shagging him etc' in true p&b fashion) but I'd just like to think im not alone in thinking this is inappropriate?

Nah, you're right. c***s a weirdo. Maybe if he just said next time on passing "oh I seen you the other day" but he's grabbed a chance to try and make conversation.

1 hour ago, NorthernJambo said:

Nah, you're right. c***s a weirdo. Maybe if he just said next time on passing "oh I seen you the other day" but he's grabbed a chance to try and make conversation.

On the other hand he might have just got fucked over by the travel agent and wanted to know if there was a way out of it, or had a great tip to get a better deal. I think this world where half the time we're interacting anonymously is making us paranoid about dealing with relative strangers when they know your name.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

On the other hand he might have just got fucked over by the travel agent and wanted to know if there was a way out of it, or had a great tip to get a better deal. I think this world where half the time we're interacting anonymously is making us paranoid about dealing with relative strangers when they know your name.

Pish.

The boy is a weirdo.

Also using his work IT for personal reasons which has shaken me to my core.

Just now, kilbowie2002 said:

It wasnt a fucked over kinda thing, virgin were offering free changes etc because of the hurricane. Mrs was talking to a friend of hers from another practice on the phone there and apparently he's been told to stop visiting a couple of places due to creepy behaviour.

Well you might have said before I made a fool of myself defending a sexual predator!

It wasnt a fucked over kinda thing, virgin were offering free changes etc because of the hurricane. Mrs was talking to a friend of hers from another practice on the phone there and apparently he's been told to stop visiting a couple of places due to creepy behaviour.

Please see my initial response. It doesn't help in any way other than my instinct was the same as yours. It's people like him and his apologists (welshbairn) that us good guys need to stick together against.

11 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Please see my initial response. It doesn't help in any way other than my instinct was the same as yours. It's people like him and his apologists (welshbairn) that us good guys need to stick together against.

I bet it was you who sent the email.