Quick Question Thread

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Why do Americans cross their arms when taking off their tips?

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

When Americans take off, for example, a t-shirt, they cross their arms over to do it. Why?

2 hours ago, Swarley said:

Try it. As the tee shirt gets pulled over your head, the arms uncrossing allows you to pull it all the way off. Doing it other ways means either regripping or stretching the tee shirt to get an arm in.

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

I do this.

Oh no, does this mean I'm actually American? Please tell me I'm not f**king American?

Given the average weight of American’s these days, I’m not sure that as many are f**king as say they are.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

When Americans take off, for example, a t-shirt, they cross their arms over to do it. Why?

This immediately made me think of the scene in the original Trading Places with Jamie Lee Curtis. I'm old enough to remember yet young enough to remember!

21 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

This immediately made me think of the scene in the original Trading Places with Jamie Lee Curtis. I'm old enough to remember yet young enough to remember!

Should be mandatory viewing for any of the nut jobs that say she was born a lad.

7 hours ago, hk blues said:

Somehow I thought you were talking about servers in a restaurant! 

Anyway, to answer your question - I have no idea.  

I thought he was talking about circumcision. You'd need to tie me down, personally.

A while back, I saw a video that mentioned the "crossing arms when removing top" thing, and gave some kind of explanation about why Americans do it that way. That's about as much as I remember, but it seemed logical. I hope this post has been informative  :thumsup2

6 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Actually come to think of it, I'm getting mixed up with Coming to America.

No you haven't...PG version:

Screenshot2024-08-20140201.thumb.png.48b3aa0f0dbd95bd963ca0c540906b32.png

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Aye but what film was it?

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Trading Places, 1983

Screenshot2024-08-20142420.thumb.png.362701f23ea3575a9e86b9bde7619a55.png

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Fish called Wanda.

Nope.

4 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Well,...yee hah !

Wid !!!

If I could. Highly unlikely though.

That applies to 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of cases on here.  

13 hours ago, BFTD said:

I thought he was talking about circumcision. You'd need to tie me down, personally.

A while back, I saw a video that mentioned the "crossing arms when removing top" thing, and gave some kind of explanation about why Americans do it that way. That's about as much as I remember, but it seemed logical. I hope this post has been informative  :thumsup2

Seeing as nobody else mentioned it, is tip an acceptable alternative to top?