Quick Question Thread

What's the difference between a pub and a bar?

I've got it in my mind that a pub is a building soley dedicated to selling drink, but a bar is a smaller area that sells booze within another building (eg. in a hotel, airport, golf club etc). However, I'd probably call the sort of upmarket pub you get dragged to by female friends a bar as well.

Yep, thats pretty much it. You still get bars in pubs, eg. Lounge/Public bar

A question for folk cleverer than me.....

I have a turbo trainer for my bike and know that last night I pedalled for 40 minutes at a rate of 2 revolutions of the pedals per second making it that my pedals went round 4,800 times.

I want to know what distance I covered, what other information do you need to know?

A question for folk cleverer than me.....

I have a turbo trainer for my bike and know that last night I pedalled for 40 minutes at a rate of 2 revolutions of the pedals per second making it that my pedals went round 4,800 times.

I want to know what distance I covered, what other information do you need to know?

As LM says, we'd need to know how many revolutions of wheel occured for each revolution of pedals, and the circumference of the wheel.

For example, if your wheel turned twice times for each pedal revolution and your wheel is 27" in diameter (meaning a circumference of approximately 85"), then for each pedal revolution your wheels would travel approximately 169", or about 4.22 metres. For 4,800 pedal revolutions you'd have travelled 20,300 metres, or 20.3 kilometres.

See when football teams play each other, do they make contact with each other during the week to make arrangements and confirm the game is on or do they just trust the fixture list and turn up at the ground ready for a 3 o clock kick offon the Saturday?

A bit of a sattelite delay on the answer here, but although I don't think it's compulsary, most do make contact in the week or two leading up to a game to confirm date/venue/time and also details of the kit they intend to wear, the ref will usually be copied in on this so he can try to sort out any possible clashes before the match.

Edited by qpsnapper

Ok P&B people. Tomorrow I have to go to Slaters in Stirling to pick up my kilt (and some others) for my brothers wedding next Saturday. Is it normal practice to allow you to try it on in the shop to see if everything is ok before leaving or take it home, try it on and if there is something wrong , you take it back? unsure.gif

Grand total of 8 kilts due to be uplifted, therefore do we need all 8 people to go in?

The reason they give you it early is to try it on and if anything is wrong you can take it back and it can be adjusted.

I thought that would be the answer, but here's the thing. 3 of them cant make it in till Tuesday at least. So do we take them back, give them the kilt and await their word? unsure.gif. It could be a hassle getting back into the shop for them as they all work

I thought that would be the answer, but here's the thing. 3 of them cant make it in till Tuesday at least. So do we take them back, give them the kilt and await their word? unsure.gif. It could be a hassle getting back into the shop for them as they all work

there will still be time for saturday if something doesnt fit, just !

Are you allowed to stand in an position that is beyond the penalty taker?

IF this isn't too clear, are you allowed to have a player on either edge of the 18 yard box, incase the keeper palms it wide?

He'd be offside.