Quick Question Thread

That would be my preferred option, but RBS are robbing b*****ds with a shit exchange rate and 2% fee.

Although, if I buy too many I would have to exchange them back I suppose and incur an extra fee anyway, unless I find someone else heading to the Eurozone in the near-future...

In the unlikely event that anyone is actually interested, I bought €110 and came back with €25-ish, without needing to use my card at all.

I've had five nosebleeds in the past three days, well it could increase since today isn't over, is there anything that could be seriously wrong or is it just a case of my blood not clotting correctly?

Nosebleeds can be an indication that something is indeed wrong.

If it persists tomorrow i'd get it checked out. Or at least ring NHS 24 and see what they have to say. Can't hurt to give them a call eh?

Nosebleeds can be an indication that something is indeed wrong.

If it persists tomorrow i'd get it checked out. Or at least ring NHS 24 and see what they have to say. Can't hurt to give them a call eh?

Yeah, I'll ask my mum when she gets in from work, she is afterall a nurse. My GP's office place is a walk in aswell, so I could just pop down tomorrow.

I too have that problem sometimes Forehead7. I'll go months without a nosebleed and then one day I'll get hit by one out of the blue, but they are long lasting ones and it is hellish. Last year I was in the bathroom with my head over the sink for almost 90 minutes before the bleeding stopped, the day after it happened again (only 45 minutes that time though :lol: ) and then a couple of days after that another long nosebleed. Nasty stuff. Haven't had one in several months though so touch wood.

Haven't been to the doctors about it though, I should probably go if it happens again.

My quick question is, if I buy a day-return ticket on a train, does it mean that I can leave any time that day and return anytime that day?

I was watching MotD2 on Sky+ and when it ended there was an advert on about some of the youngest pilots of the war or something like that. It looked quite decent. I assume it was a drama or movie or something but it cut off before the end so I didn't catch the name of it. Did anyone else?

I too have that problem sometimes Forehead7. I'll go months without a nosebleed and then one day I'll get hit by one out of the blue, but they are long lasting ones and it is hellish. Last year I was in the bathroom with my head over the sink for almost 90 minutes before the bleeding stopped, the day after it happened again (only 45 minutes that time though :lol: ) and then a couple of days after that another long nosebleed. Nasty stuff. Haven't had one in several months though so touch wood.

Haven't been to the doctors about it though, I should probably go if it happens again.

My quick question is, if I buy a day-return ticket on a train, does it mean that I can leave any time that day and return anytime that day?

If it's an anytime return then yes.

I was watching MotD2 on Sky+ and when it ended there was an advert on about some of the youngest pilots of the war or something like that. It looked quite decent. I assume it was a drama or movie or something but it cut off before the end so I didn't catch the name of it. Did anyone else?

21:00 tonight on BBC2

First Light

Edited by Casey

I'd love a bit of advice from PnB as I'm in a bit of a pickle about something.

Basically when I left school a few years back I got this pish job, and I wasn't in the best shape, so a couple of guys I worked with ripped the piss out of me for it regularly. I wouldn't have minded a bit of a slagging for it as fat people are a bit of a joke, but these guys took it way too far, to the point that i dreaded coming into work and my confidence was shot to bits.

Anyway, without wanting to sound arrogent now I'm in good shape, looking and feeling well, and I'm doing pretty well in all areas of my life. I should be the better man and forget it, but I keep thinking how much I'd like to add them on Facebook and point out that I'm doing alright for myself whilst they're stuck in a dead end job going nowhere. That's very tosserish and petty, but realistically I am am quite petty.

Should I be the better man or tell them to get it right up them? After all they were total bellends.

Edited by Guest

Guest The Phoenix

I'm in good shape, looking and feeling well, and I'm doing pretty well in all areas of my life.

If that's true, you will forgive and forget.

If you don't, it wasn't.

If that's true, you will forgive and forget.

If you don't, it wasn't.

Tbh you're right, I'll just leave it and get on with being happy with my lot. Cheers.

I don't live in Edinburgh anymore but I'm there regularly, and it isn't a big place. If I ever bump into any of them I won't be harsh to them but I genuinely don't think they'd be very happy if I told them I was doing well, because they were total c***s. That'd do.

Edited by Guest