Quick Question Thread

Could use a bit of help from someone that knows their stuff on spreadsheets and formulas.

post-30184-12849186110305_thumb.png

I'm trying to find the percentage of sales for each month. Normally I would do January's figure (cell E2) and divide it will the overall figure (cell E15) and then absolute cell E15. However, I keep getting 0% in cell F2. It's getting rather annoying.

Could use a bit of help from someone that knows their stuff on spreadsheets and formulas.

I'm trying to find the percentage of sales for each month. Normally I would do January's figure (cell E2) and divide it will the overall figure (cell E15) and then absolute cell E15. However, I keep getting 0% in cell F2. It's getting rather annoying.

For each row:

=100*E<INSERT ROW NUMBER>/E15

Should work, no?

For each row:

=100*E<INSERT ROW NUMBER>/E15

Should work, no?

It does indeed me old mucker. No idea why it's not letting me do it the normal way though, even the answer key at the back of my workbook has my formula (=E2/$E$15)

Do you not just have to reformat the cells so they show %? 1- Right click on cells 2- Click on format cells 3- Select "percentages".

That would work in excel.

Do you not just have to reformat the cells so they show %? 1- Right click on cells 2- Click on format cells 3- Select "percentages".

That would work in excel.

That's it, that's where I was going wrong! Cheers.

I accidentally broke the V key on my laptop keyboard by dropping a plus on it and it has came flying off and I can't get it back on. Anyone know where I could buy a replacement V key? unsure.gif

Just use the "u" instead we will know what you mean. rolleyes.gif

Two slightly strange questions:

Is average height increasing to a pretty noticeable extent? Many of the teenagers I know are taller than both their parents.

In the experience of other P&B posters, is the staring effect real?

Two slightly strange questions:

Is average height increasing to a pretty noticeable extent? Many of the teenagers I know are taller than both their parents.

In the experience of other P&B posters, is the staring effect real?

I am taller than both my parents. Not more than the only granda I met, or a couple of my cousins FWIW.

Ah hang on, I've just noticed this. I was led to believe that the plastic crook was only to be used if the machine was connected to the sink (ours isn't) - is that not the case? Should I fit the crook tomorrow?

Not sure - ours is connected to a T piece below the sink. My mate who's a plumber told me to fit it as we kept getting water back into the machine.