Quick Question Thread

Heading up to Aberdeen at the weekend and it's been a few years since I've been out on the piss up there so anyone get any tips on the best places to head?

Going up early on the Saturday so we'll be looking for somewhere to watch the scores come in through the day then heading out at night.

On Sunday we'll be looking for a boozer to watch the football and maybe some sort of Indie night to go to after the gig. Any suggestions?

Heading up to Aberdeen at the weekend and it's been a few years since I've been out on the piss up there so anyone get any tips on the best places to head?

Going up early on the Saturday so we'll be looking for somewhere to watch the scores come in through the day then heading out at night.

On Sunday we'll be looking for a boozer to watch the football and maybe some sort of Indie night to go to after the gig. Any suggestions?

How old are you? I always thought circa 26(85in your name being DOB).

Anyways I always enjoy The Globe. It's 2 minutes from the centre of town and often has live bands playing. The prices are reasonable and they also offer food. I've watched a couple of games in there but I'd imagine there are better places. I was in a boozer that was quite Indie but I cannot remember the name for the life of me. It was quite cave like. I mainly stick to the 'old style pubs' when I'm up as the company is such.

There's also the spoons type pubs but I'm not really a fan of them. I've only been to a nightclub once in the Deen and it was really good so cannot help you for that, it was a studenty place on a Friday night.

Where are you staying?

Anyways I always enjoy The Globe. It's 2 minutes from the centre of town and often has live bands playing. The prices are reasonable and they also offer food. I've watched a couple of games in there but I'd imagine there are better places. I was in a boozer that was quite Indie but I cannot remember the name for the life of me. It was quite cave like. I mainly stick to the 'old style pubs' when I'm up as the company is such.

There's also the spoons type pubs but I'm not really a fan of them. I've only been to a nightclub once in the Deen and it was really good so cannot help you for that, it was a studenty place on a Friday night.

Where are you staying?

My mate has recently taken over as manager and knowing him the fitba will be on

For a bit of live music try the moorings down at the harbour,my nephew(23) and his mates are there most sat nights and he says its usually busy and its a good "local scene"

I feel like such a spesh but can someone help me sort out my avatar please?

I find a picture I like on google images and right click, properties, then copy the address. I then pastes this into the adress field on my profile screen for avatar but it is not working. Nothing to do with the size as I am trying under 100 x 100 but just not working anyone wanna help?

Where are you staying?

The 85 in my username is connected to the year the Pars were formed.

There's only four of us heading up so there shouldn't be any problem with being turned away from places for being in too large a group.

I assume there's no strict dress code, and by that I mean dress shoes? I'm generally more of a jeans, trainers and polo shirt dresser.

I can't remember the name of the hotel we're booked into but it's right in the centre.

Years ago I got turned away from a couple of the more 'upmarket' places for not having proper shoes on, a few places in Aberdeen can be quite arsey about that but the places you are looking at should be fine. Stay out of the big church looking place (Sin or some shite). Tres expensive.

The Moorings is a good shout but stay out of the Crown and Anchor, just down the road. Was rough as f**k when I went in.

Go into The Grill just to say you have been there. Outstanding selection of whiskeys. 2 Riley's if you fancy some pool or snooker, one big busy one and one quiet one.

Years ago I got turned away from a couple of the more 'upmarket' places for not having proper shoes on, a few places in Aberdeen can be quite arsey about that but the places you are looking at should be fine. Stay out of the big church looking place (Sin or some shite). Tres expensive.

The Moorings is a good shout but stay out of the Crown and Anchor, just down the road. Was rough as f**k when I went in.

Go into The Grill just to say you have been there. Outstanding selection of whiskeys. 2 Riley's if you fancy some pool or snooker, one big busy one and one quiet one.

Soul bar=full of people that have there heads up there own arse

I feel like such a spesh but can someone help me sort out my avatar please?

I find a picture I like on google images and right click, properties, then copy the address. I then pastes this into the adress field on my profile screen for avatar but it is not working. Nothing to do with the size as I am trying under 100 x 100 but just not working anyone wanna help?

Had similar problem.. My link

I currently don't own a pair of dress shoes as my sexy pair of brown shoes were thrown onto the pitch when we played Falkirk on the last day of the season.

I assume all the pubs, clubs etc are fairly central? The last time I was up there for a night out was for an oasis gig years back and memory is fairly hazy.

I currently don't own a pair of dress shoes as my sexy pair of brown shoes were thrown onto the pitch when we played Falkirk on the last day of the season.

I assume all the pubs, clubs etc are fairly central? The last time I was up there for a night out was for an oasis gig years back and memory is fairly hazy.

Belmont street just off union street is busy with pubs,the moorings is about a 10 min walk from there,go down market street and turn left,all becomes easy to see when your there

Anyone know where I could download a free, basic Roulette wheel? Preferably one that's contained within its own *.exe file, so I don't need to worry about installing it?

Belmont street just off union street is busy with pubs,the moorings is about a 10 min walk from there,go down market street and turn left,all becomes easy to see when your there

Cool.

Apparently our hotel is just off Union Street.

One thing I do remember is the AECC is a bit out of the way. A taxi job I think.

My mate has recently taken over as manager and knowing him the fitba will be on

For a bit of live music try the moorings down at the harbour,my nephew(23) and his mates are there most sat nights and he says its usually busy and its a good "local scene"

If you're in the Globe look out for a stunning blond barmaid. I employed her when working in Aberdeen, one of the best looking birds I've ever seen in my life.

I'm in Aberdeen on the piss this weekend as well for a piss up, there's dozens of pubs in the city centre Jimmy, just pick one and if it's shite move on. You'll also be fine as long as your trainers aren't white, that's a no-no. AECC will be about a tenner, maybe 12 quid in a taxi.

Cool.

Apparently our hotel is just off Union Street.

One thing I do remember is the AECC is a bit out of the way. A taxi job I think.

any bus going to peterhead/fraserburgh or ellon will go past

If you're in the Globe look out for a stunning blond barmaid. I employed her when working in Aberdeen, one of the best looking birds I've ever seen in my life.

i really really need to visit my mate fraser :lol:

I'm in Aberdeen on the piss this weekend as well for a piss up, there's dozens of pubs in the city centre Jimmy, just pick one and if it's shite move on. You'll also be fine as long as your trainers aren't white, that's a no-no. AECC will be about a tenner, maybe 12 quid in a taxi.

Globe sounds good. Wait...is this bird your missus?

Set of Gazelles it is then.

There'll be four of us sharing the taxi so that's no big deal.

Globe sounds good. Wait...is this bird your missus?

Set of Gazelles it is then.

There'll be four of us sharing the taxi so that's no big deal.

I wish mate! :lol: I'll maybe head there myself on Friday or Saturday actually, wee bit of eye candy never goes a miss and it's a decent pub.

Does anyone know if October was the warmest on record in Scotland?

Loving walking around in T-shirts at this time of year.