Quick Question Thread

Does anyone know where I can buy a joint of venison in Glasgow? Preferably the west end. I tried Waitrose on Byres Rd, but they only had venison steaks which isn't any good for what I'm doing.

Ta in advance

morrisons supermarket sell venison you could try one of them

Does anyone know where I can buy a joint of venison in Glasgow? Preferably the west end. I tried Waitrose on Byres Rd, but they only had venison steaks which isn't any good for what I'm doing.

Ta in advance

Oooooer! La de dah!

Why does it hurt your fillings when you chew something like tin-foil?

It's something to do with different metals being brought into contact and a wee current flows between the two, using the saliva as a conductor seeing as it's got a fair bit of salt in it.

Don't know why or how I know that?! :blink:

On further reading (aka Google) - it's called the 'Volta effect'.

Interestingly, mercury tends to concentrate electrical fields and explains why people with too many dental fillings can't work in areas where there are large field currents. So there you go. ;)

Ta in advance

Alan Beveridge Fishmongers on Byres Road might also deal in game although I'm not 100% sure.

Their number is 0141 357 2766

Alan Beveridge Fishmongers on Byres Road might also deal in game although I'm not 100% sure.

Their number is 0141 357 2766

Thanks mate, I'll give them a try. They're the ones just along from Hillhead subway and Curlers?

edit: I've just been told that Gillespies the butcher at Anniesland Cross sells it

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Thanks mate, I'll give them a try. They're the ones just along from Hillhead subway and Curlers?

edit: I've just been told that Gillespies the butcher at Anniesland Cross sells it

Sorry for the delay. Yes, that's where the shop is, although it looks like you're sorted now anyway. ;)

It's something to do with different metals being brought into contact and a wee current flows between the two, using the saliva as a conductor seeing as it's got a fair bit of salt in it.

Don't know why or how I know that?! :blink:

Saliva isn't really salty, which begs ore questions about what you've been putting in your mouth than answers.

I have some spare sour cream and chive dip and a range of basic foodstuffs: what makes a good dip for this?

Edited by vikingTON

In the "new-look" P&B, if you post a thread with an apostrophe in the title, the letter immediately following it is automatically capitalised (ie "You'Re", "Gringo'S" etc).

Why is this?

Div's answer on another thread

It's to do with the way the forum deals with "shouting". It's got a bug but it will be fixed soon.