Quick Question Thread

Guest The Phoenix

Taken it too far, (See my post on the Les Gray thread)

If he want's to be authentically Scottish at an event he should turn up late, drunk, insult everyone and/or get lifted/fall asleep.

Or just make random use of an apostrophe.

I've been asked to make some kind of Scottish food for something next week.

I was thinking about making tablet, and I'd like to get my hands on some haggis (which I don''t think will be possible) but does anyone have any ideas of small and relatively easy things I can do?

Bung some veg, barley and mutton in a pan full of water and make Scotch Broth.

(Or buy a stock cube and make Pea and Ham, "with a chicken")

Does anyone else eat dry uncooked noodles? I've been doing it for years but I've only just let slip this to my girlfriend, she thinks it's totally weird and she's never heard of it before. So, anyone else do this?

Does anyone else eat dry uncooked noodles? I've been doing it for years but I've only just let slip this to my girlfriend, she thinks it's totally weird and she's never heard of it before. So, anyone else do this?

No, I never reveal weird shit I do to anyone.

No, I never reveal weird shit I do to anyone.

Yeah yeah wording could have been better, and I do agree with you, everyone is supposed to have their thing they do that no one else knows about.

Yeah yeah wording could have been better, and I do agree with you, everyone is supposed to have their thing they do that no one else knows about.

Mind you, my reply could have done with a comma.

Makes it sound like I do weird shit to folk.

*going on the bucket list*

That doesn't sound that bad tbh, are they not bland though?!

They are but I add a wee bit pirri pirri shake stuff and they taste amazing. I used to add a wee bit salt and pepper until I realised how good pirri pirri was.

This might be a daft question...

I've got a Ted Baker suit that was pretty much off-the-rack from Slaters a couple of years ago, but it's a nice piece of gear. The only problem is the trousers are quite "baggy". Like they were made for a bloke with fatter legs than me. Would a standard place that does alterations be able to make the trouser legs skinnier, or can they only really adjust the length? I've never had anything altered before!

Cheers pals.

Guest The Phoenix

I've got a Ted Baker suit that was pretty much off-the-rack from Slaters a couple of years ago, but it's a nice piece of gear. The only problem is the trousers are quite "baggy". Like they were made for a bloke with fatter legs than me. Would a standard place that does alterations be able to make the trouser legs skinnier, or can they only really adjust the length? I've never had anything altered before!

Cheers pals.

Any seamstress worth her salt should be able to sort that for you.

Cheers pals.

Aye just to echo what the others said. I've had a couple of suit trousers adjusted like this, just ask to have them tapered and they should be able to pin them in the shop for you to see what they look like before they adjust them. Cost me about £16 IIRC.

Top stuff, thanks guys.

There's a place up Guildhall Street in Dunfermline that will do alterations, although I imagine there will be a place in most towns that do the same.

Alternatively, when you buy from Slaters, alterations are free at purchase, go back and see if they will alter them, for a fee obviously.

why are things like orange walks actually allowed to happen?

I've never been able to figure this out. I mean, freedom of speech is all well and good but in reality, there's no such thing. You have no entitlement to piss off other people for no good reason. If you're a racist, you can hold your opinion just fine but that doesn't mean you have the right to express it - which is perfectly correct if you ask me. If you're a orangeman, all well and good for you, just don't fucking wake me up in the morning or disturb my televisual enjoyment to tell me about it because frankly, I don't give a f**k and it's causing a nuisance.