Quick Question Thread

Why do you never notice naff special effects in films until years later (really bad ones excepted). I've got Lord of the Rings on here and quite a few bits look dodgy despite me never noticing this at the time.

You notice it even more the older the film but I can't remember going "pfft, that's dreadful". The end of Raiders of the Lost Ark where the guy's face melts off may be the ultimate example of this.

I've watched every episode of The Sopranos about four times but it was only a few weeks ago I noticed this terrible editing of a scene with his mother (the actress that played his his mother died between seasons)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkMqVdElSto

Her weird CGI head is strangely terrifying.

Edited by Bert Raccoon

I've watched every episode of The Sopranos about four times but it was only a few weeks ago I noticed this terrible editing of a scene with his mother (the actress that played his his mother died between seasons)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkMqVdElSto

Her weird CGI head is strangely terrifying.

:lol::lol: Her hairstyle changes almost every time she is on screen.

Indeed, but why are they so colourful?

They are called Cromers. After the town into East Anglia where they are made. My mate is a welder and there seems to be competition between them about who has the best or most unusual hat/Cromer. We were down there years ago and he made us go to the factory, to buy hats.

I'm getting a flight to Heathrow but need to change to Gatwick in order to get to my destination. I will have around 3 hours and 20 minutes to do this to catch my connection flight from the moment my plane is due to land in Heathrow. My question is: is this possible to do via bus (75 min journey) or is there a quicker way or do I have no chance to get to gatwick in time?

Guest The Phoenix
I'm getting a flight to Heathrow but need to change to Gatwick in order to get to my destination. I will have around 3 hours and 20 minutes to do this to catch my connection flight from the moment my plane is due to land in Heathrow. My question is: is this possible to do via bus (75 min journey) or is there a quicker way or do I have no chance to get to gatwick in time?

Probably struggling.

Check out Trip Advisor Heathrow to Gatwick transfers.

Two train related questions. Does anyone know a good site for getting cheap train fares because I'm pricing ones to Manchester in October and they look a bit more expensive than I've heard they can be. Also is it likely that an Edinburgh to London train in the morning will have reserved seats? A group of us are travelling down to Bestival next week and it didn't allow us to reserve seats back in June when we purchased tickets but we're unsure whether reservations might not have been allowed till nearer the travel date. Thanks in advance!

Two train related questions. Does anyone know a good site for getting cheap train fares because I'm pricing ones to Manchester in October and they look a bit more expensive than I've heard they can be. Also is it likely that an Edinburgh to London train in the morning will have reserved seats? A group of us are travelling down to Bestival next week and it didn't allow us to reserve seats back in June when we purchased tickets but we're unsure whether reservations might not have been allowed till nearer the travel date. Thanks in advance!

I find it cheaper to get tickets from the company operating the train (First Trans Pennine operate direct form Edinburgh and Glasgow) East Coast also seem to offer tickets for other operators cheaply. I would avoid the trainline as they are more expensive than what the operators sell on there sites but cheaper than the walk up fare. You should of got the chance to reserve seats when you got your tickets but there should be some unreserved seats on the train but if you go the East Coast trains ticket office in Waverly if you are travelling with them at least 2 hours before your train is due to leave they might charge u £1 per reservation.

I find it cheaper to get tickets from the company operating the train (First Trans Pennine operate direct form Edinburgh and Glasgow) East Coast also seem to offer tickets for other operators cheaply. I would avoid the trainline as they are more expensive than what the operators sell on there sites but cheaper than the walk up fare. You should of got the chance to reserve seats when you got your tickets but there should be some unreserved seats on the train but if you go the East Coast trains ticket office in Waverly if you are travelling with them at least 2 hours before your train is due to leave they might charge u £1 per reservation.

It's at half seven in the morning so we would have to go the night before but it's worth a shot. Cheers.