Quick Question Thread

Yeah I thought as much I just wasn't 100% sure, thanks very much! I've found Right Move to have a far more properties listed on their site than any of the other estate agents websites. But i'll have another look about!

I wouldn't have thought you would need to look at individual solicitors. In Tayside we have tspc.co.uk covering just about every solicitor in the area. I know Edinburgh has something similar. I assume the area you live will have the same and they will cover all associated solicitors' listings.

I wouldn't have thought you would need to look at individual solicitors. In Tayside we have tspc.co.uk covering just about every solicitor in the area. I know Edinburgh has something similar. I assume the area you live will have the same and they will cover all associated solicitors' listings.

Same with NE Scotland too (aspc.co.uk)

Ahh right, right we have GSPC. I'll have a look just now.

Has anyone ever had a Skype interview? Any advice?

I have. Just approach it like you would any other interview i.e dress appropriately, look good. It's just like any other interview you've had except you're doing it over webcam, its that simple really.

Bank accounts:

When a current account says it pays X% aer interest, is that paid annually or per month?

Scan a copy of your statement on here so we can see it? Just to make sure you can get the best advice possible.

Bank accounts:

When a current account says it pays X% aer interest, is that paid annually or per month?

it depends on your account as it can be either or clicky

• Monthly or yearly interest?

If interest is paid annually then the gross rate and AER should be the same, as there's no interest compounding.

Yet when interest is paid monthly, then the gross rate given is usually around 0.1% less than the AER rate. This is because if the monthly interest was left in the account, then there would be interest on the interest too. The AER makes sure this is included.

For an identical account, if interest was paid monthly it would be a 4.89% gross rate, but if interest was paid annually it would be 5% gross. Leave the money there over a year, though, and both would receive the same amount, as the AER for both is 5%.

Scan a copy of your statement on here so we can see it? Just to make sure you can get the best advice possible.

Don't do this! You should never post personal information on a forum like this.

PM it to Goran instead.

Just over a week ago I had my first filling put in a tooth (not bad for a weegie etc).

However when I chew food on that side it's still pretty sore. I'd accepted this for the first few days but I'm now worried it's not been done properly.

Is this pain normal on a filled tooth?

My alternative has been using the other side of my mouth to chew everything but I'm scared I'll end up with a lopsided mouth like John Brown.

That's not normal, no.

Was it a deep filling?

I don't know, nothing to compare it against; there was certainly a shitload of drilling / sanding etc, none of which was sore as the anaesthetic did its job. When I lightly tap my bottom tooth opposite against it as if my teeth are chattering with the cold (it's the 3rd molar in the top right side of my mouth that's been filled) there's a wee bit of pain as well but not as much as when I'm chewing food.

Given that I've paid for it I want to make sure it's OK but I'd really rather not go through all the hassle of getting it replaced if it's not going to make a difference.

I don't know, nothing to compare it against; there was certainly a shitload of drilling / sanding etc, none of which was sore as the anaesthetic did its job. When I lightly tap my bottom tooth opposite against it as if my teeth are chattering with the cold (it's the 3rd molar in the top right side of my mouth that's been filled) there's a wee bit of pain as well but not as much as when I'm chewing food.

Given that I've paid for it I want to make sure it's OK but I'd really rather not go through all the hassle of getting it replaced if it's not going to make a difference.

Filling is probably just a bit too high, ie. overfilled. just needs filed down a wee bit.

I asked this in the E-Chat forum but have had no reply so I'll put it in here to give my query a bit more exposure:

My laptop needs a new battery. It still works for now but it keeps dying on me without warning. Will this be solved by buying a new battery or does it sound like something else is wrong with it? Don't want to shell out for a battery only to end up needing a new laptop anyway.

I asked this in the E-Chat forum but have had no reply so I'll put it in here to give my query a bit more exposure:

My laptop needs a new battery. It still works for now but it keeps dying on me without warning. Will this be solved by buying a new battery or does it sound like something else is wrong with it? Don't want to shell out for a battery only to end up needing a new laptop anyway.

Have you tried using it with the power cable in?

Also does it sound like an aircraft carrier taking off?

If its plugged in and getting loud it's overheating. If its not plugged and dying quick but stays on when plugged its likely to be the battery