Quick Question Thread

Awful reply. I sincerely hope you take a spoon-full of Weetabix tomorrow morning to find out the milk is out of date, and you're left with a bad taste in your mouth for longer than 2 minutes.

Mind you don't damage your gearbox now.

Except if they get hit by a bus.

The bus would break, but not the Lexi. It probably wouldn't even be scratched

Not that any Lexi driver would take their car anywhere near a public transport route anyway, too close to the plebs you see

They don't send them halfway round the world though, they have correspondents located all around the globe and they'll just get who's in the closest proximity to the story to do the report on it.

Not always true, for example Colin Blane was in South Africa for Nelson Mandela's almost-death.

Awful reply. I sincerely hope you take a spoon-full of Weetabix tomorrow morning to find out the milk is out of date, and you're left with a bad taste in your mouth for longer than 2 minutes.

Tangent, but if you want to make money then bet somebody a fiver that they can't eat a dry Weetabix in a minute. The look of defeat on their face after the first bite is a great sight to behold.

Me and the missus are looking to get our first house and are currently looking around, mostly been using right move and was wondering where it says "Offers in excess of..." will any sort of bid below that price be automatically dismissed or is it a case of they still might take it even though it is lower than they are stating?

Me and the missus are looking to get our first house and are currently looking around, mostly been using right move and was wondering where it says "Offers in excess of..." will any sort of bid below that price be automatically dismissed or is it a case of they still might take it even though it is lower than they are stating?

It's a buyers market (saying this as someone trying to sell :( ). You can offer what you want and the worst a seller can do is say no.

Right Move are useless if you're a seller, don't know if there's a downside if your a buyer. The generally have a far smaller range of properties than a local solicitor's group.

It's a buyers market (saying this as someone trying to sell :( ). You can offer what you want and the worst a seller can do is say no.

Right Move are useless if you're a seller, don't know if there's a downside if your a buyer. The generally have a far smaller range of properties than a local solicitor's group.

Yeah I thought as much I just wasn't 100% sure, thanks very much! I've found Right Move to have a far more properties listed on their site than any of the other estate agents websites. But i'll have another look about!

You can go lower as long as it's not insulting to the seller who will then just assume you're wasting their time and then ignore you.

I just bought and my solicitor said that the first offer is always rejected so start low. We put in a couple of grand lower and the reply was "if you meet the valuation price then it's yours". They gave the game away that they were in a hurry to move with a new job abroad though.

Depends on how long the house has been on the market of course. Folk might be forced to take a lower offer if it's been on for a few months.

Edited by Hedgecutter