Quick Question Thread

I'd also suggest that later in the evening, if they are fairly drunk and getting on well, that you casually mention threesomes. Stranger things have happened.

You absolutely must do this. You don't want this to be a 'what could've been moment' when you're lying on your deathbed.

I would still mention to the ex that it could possibly be awkward and see what she says and if she still thinks it would be fine I would arrange it but definitely tell your current missus that an ex will be there. If she's as non-possessive as you say it should be fine.

If she's as non-possessive as you say it should be fine.

The only 'problem' is that my ex is ridiculously attractive. I've genuinely no idea what she was doing with me. If I was meeting my girlfirend's ex I'd be hoping he was some wee specky dweeb. If he was a Brad Pitt lookalike I'd be left feeling pretty shite.

Drunken threesome leads the way so far

my current and my ex met in the back of my car as i gave them both a lift to work.

they get on too well if you ask me

no chance of a 3's. a 2's would be more likely with me out the picture haha

If she wants to meet your current girlfriend then i wouldnt let her,shes a women shes up to know good know matter how well you think you get on or know her

I'm 100% sure that's not the case. She's just genuinely interested in my life and how I'm getting on.

This is a reasonably serious question, but snidey remarks will also be gladly welcomed.

I'm still very good friends with my ex-girlfriend. The only reason we broke up (3 years ago) is beause she moved down to London for uni/work. We text regularly and I've met up with her a fair few times in the last couple of years, including staying over at her flat down there.

She is coming back up to Glasgow in a couple of weeks and says she wants to meet my current girlfriend, but I'm slightly worried that could throw up a bit of an awkward situation and I'm not sure what to do. As far as I can see it, my options are...

1) Say no, and explain it could cause awkwardness.

2) Go out with my ex, my girlfriend and a few others friends without revealing we used to go out. She'd get to meet her without there being any awkwardness, though I'd not exactly be telling the whole truth

3) Go out with a my ex, my girlfriend and a few other friend and tell her that we used to go out. I'd be telling the complete truth and the fact there would be a few people there would limit potential awkwardness.

4) Go for a drink with just the two of them. Despite my girlfriend being non possessive and ery relaxed, it might make her a bit uncomfortable.

Thoughts P&B?

Why does she want to meet your girlfriend?

Edited by ballymoneyyin

This is a reasonably serious question, but snidey remarks will also be gladly welcomed.

I'm still very good friends with my ex-girlfriend. The only reason we broke up (3 years ago) is beause she moved down to London for uni/work. We text regularly and I've met up with her a fair few times in the last couple of years, including staying over at her flat down there.

She is coming back up to Glasgow in a couple of weeks and says she wants to meet my current girlfriend, but I'm slightly worried that could throw up a bit of an awkward situation and I'm not sure what to do. As far as I can see it, my options are...

1) Say no, and explain it could cause awkwardness.

2) Go out with my ex, my girlfriend and a few others friends without revealing we used to go out. She'd get to meet her without there being any awkwardness, though I'd not exactly be telling the whole truth

3) Go out with a my ex, my girlfriend and a few other friend and tell her that we used to go out. I'd be telling the complete truth and the fact there would be a few people there would limit potential awkwardness.

4) Go for a drink with just the two of them. Despite my girlfriend being non possessive and ery relaxed, it might make her a bit uncomfortable.

Thoughts P&B?

This is going to end in tears.

Please post the results of this meeting and the subsequent weeks of uncomfortable questioning by your soon to be massively insecure girlfriend.

Do not, under any circumstances withhold the fact that she's an ex girlfriend. Tell the current girlfriend that an ex girlfriend has been in touch and wants to meet up with the two of you. If you neglect to mention she's an ex and it ends up revealed at some point, she'll start to wonder why you kept it from her. Your girlfriend's a nice girl and she's not daft. I can't see her being too bothered by the truth. Once she knows, the decision will make itself.

Do not, under any circumstances withhold the fact that she's an ex girlfriend. Tell the current girlfriend that an ex girlfriend has been in touch and wants to meet up with the two of you. If you neglect to mention she's an ex and it ends up revealed at some point, she'll start to wonder why you kept it from her. Your girlfriend's a nice girl and she's not daft. I can't see her being too bothered by the truth. Once she knows, the decision will make itself.

Almost exactly what my girlfriend said when I gave Fudge's situation.

She was basically saying tell her the ex is coming up and say "that won't be a massive issue, will it?".

If she says no, go out regardless and just pull the ex on the dancefloor claiming that the current one is too much of a control freak. Then say sorry a week later and everything will be fine again (and she'll never say no again).

That last bit isn't her advice btw.

The worst thing about the advice she gave is that she has actually met an ex of mine, still not knowing she was one. This just gives me more reason to keep it quiet.

The ex was working in a bar up north and served us when my girlfriend and I went there for a few drinks, so different situation.

I'm 100% sure that's not the case. She's just genuinely interested in my life and how I'm getting on.

Shite! She's hypnotised you with her womanly charms. Women are always up to something and you can't believe a word they say. Does your current girlfriend have a pet rabbit?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app