The New Raith Rovers Thread

Fox hated the fans apparently. Just fyi.

That's not very nice, now is it?

It's not our fault he turned to shite after a promising start to his Rovers career.

After Hamil, Fox and Scott (any more) the moral of the story is probably 'don't sign any more Livi midfielders'.

Edited by Scary Bear

Apparently he was asked to applaud the fans one time and was absolutely adamant not to.

If you can't build a rapport with the fans, it's probably because you're a fairly poor player and the fans want you gone.

I'm not sure where it went wrong for Fox. I recall a midweek league cup match with Hearts that finished 1-1 with them winning on penalties. Fox was a stand-out in that game. Towards the end his legs had gone and he was ready for the knacker's yard.

Edited by Scary Bear

If you can't build a rapport with the fans, it's probably because you're a fairly poor player and the fans want you gone.

I'm not sure where it went wrong for Fox. I recall a midweek league cup match with Hearts that finished 1-1 with them winning on owns. Fox was a stand-out in that game. Towards the end his legs had gone and he was ready for the knackers yard.

Not necessarily, our support would snarl at Messi for one mistake, let alone the mere mortals who do end up playing for us.

What matches have you been watching? He's our only creative player, and he's normally pretty good when on the ball which is why it's disappointing at times when he knows he should've done better. I'll admit though, he was howling on Saturday but everyone is allowed a bad day at the office.

I don't see a single redeeming feature in his play. He is slow, he can't pass, he can't finish, he can't cross, he can't tackle. He's been like that for months. McCord should be in ahead of him every week.

I'm not sure where it went wrong for Fox. I recall a midweek league cup match with Hearts that finished 1-1 with them winning on penalties. Fox was a stand-out in that game. Towards the end his legs had gone and he was ready for the knacker's yard.

I think it was Fox who scored our goal that night Edited by Geordie_Munrover

I don't see a single redeeming feature in his play. He is slow, he can't pass, he can't finish, he can't cross, he can't tackle. He's been like that for months. McCord should be in ahead of him every week.

Except for he's decent, he's had a few decent goals and he's pretty much our best central player. Once again, talking utter pish.

I think a lot of our supporters are quick to get on the team's back because they were used to a wee bit of success a good while ago and think that should be the norm rather than a very rare exception.

This rubs off on the younger ones unfortunately and they tend to follow suit.

The sooner the majority of our supporters become realistic about the Rovers being a mid-table Championship side with the occasional tilt at the league title or a wee cup run now and again, the better.

Fans today were infuriating, it's like the team can't please them. It is absolutely no surprise to me that some of them refuse to applaud them at the end of any game, it certainly seems to me that it is orchestrated and has been spoken about in the dressing room.

I said this after the 2-1 home win against Dumbarton. I seem to remember Paul Watson being a particular non-applauder as well.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

Wouldn't surprise me either. I must admit I do my fair share of shouting at the games. Just comes naturally for me though. I just call it as I see it. I can't just sit there and watch pass after pass being led astra etc etc .so I naturally just shout "your fucking shite Robertson" just the frustration at watching us not being able to kill off teams when dominating. It came back to haunt us against Alloa, and could have happened again against Dumbarton there.

I didn't boo at full time on Saturday. The team gave it there all and should have won. Just frustration leads to my outbursts. Which is only really natural. I think I've said this before, but if players can't take Critism from the stands then they shouldn't really be playing professional football.

There had been arguments in the past about people in other workplaces and imagining how they would feel being shouted at for being shite etc, but it's not really a valid argument in my opinion as being a sportsman is quite a unique occupation that maybe unfortunately comes with these factors.

With regard to us better than last year, we still technically are, and I still think the atmosphere is a lot better under McKinnon. His interviews on the website are a good watch and you can tell he is passionate about the club and wants to build the club.

I really hope we can build a team for the future with the likes of Vaughan, Callachan, Matthews and bates being the spine. The more these guys play more competive championship level games, the better it will benefit them, and the club in the long run. Although I must admit that Callachan is pretty frustrating at the minute, but he's still a young guy and as others have said, refuses to hide in games, which shows his character.

Let's stick together. Would be brilliant if we could cement that fourth spot, but if not, we rebuild and go for the play offs again next season.

I think I've said this before, but if players can't take Critism from the stands then they shouldn't really be playing professional football.

There had been arguments in the past about people in other workplaces and imagining how they would feel being shouted at for being shite etc, but it's not really a valid argument in my opinion as being a sportsman is quite a unique occupation that maybe unfortunately comes with these factors.

While those things might be true, insofar as we know there are going to be people who do it - it does not represent any kind of argument for actually doing it.

It's stupid, it's shit, it makes the ground a worse place to be for everyone, it's nearly always totally uninformed. And it's counter-productive.