The New Raith Rovers Thread

24 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

As a relatively similar sized club to Thistle, I can comfortably say Dick Campbell would be a pretty disastrous appointment for Raith. He disbanded any semblance of a youth academy that we had which has taken nigh on 10 years to rebuild and was the width of Dougie Cameron's arse away from driving us into probable oblivion after assembling a pretty pathetic squad of players who stumbled their way to a fourth place finish, barely ahead of a better Stirling Albion side who weren't far behind.

Similar to what's happening now in this thread, I recall some fans trying to justify his appointment at the time as 'just what we needed' and I'm almost certain a member of the board attempted to compare him to Lambie. He had plenty of opportunity to avoid relegation from the First Division but we slipped into the mire and in a must-win game at Hamilton, unforgivably played our most potent attacking threat Juan Ramon Escalas - who had fallen by the wayside somewhat, I give you - at left mid.

The next season, he assembled possibly the worst collection of players I've seen play for Thistle who played some of the most dire football I've ever had to endure. A number of folk who I go to games with, myself included, were very close to chucking it in. On the plus side, he did sign Mark Roberts without whom, I dread to think where we might be - we were the epitome of a one-man team that season.

We were absolutely on the slide back to the Second Division the following season when he got his jotters; his despicable c*nt of an assistant Jimmy Bone and Terry Butcher barely steadied the ship, winning only one game and we stayed up thanks to the dismal form of Airdrie. I think McCall had to turnover about 20 players the next season which should demonstrate the calibre of player Campbell brought to the club.

I've met Campbell at after-dinner speaker nights and he's a cracking fella - but he had absolutely no place managing Thistle, nor does he at Raith. No disrespect to the Forfar's and Arbroath's of this world but that's his level - and all credit to him, you'll struggle to find a more successful manager at that level.

That was 10\12 years ago?and did he not get you promoted?

BTW.We are nowhere near the same size of club as Thistle

We’ve reached our new low point.  Arguing over where Dick Campbell is.

As for any potential appointment of him…very wrong move for both parties.  The shortest of short term measures.  If we failed to win promotion and still had Dick Campbell in charge, f**k knows where we’d go from there.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

We’ve reached our new low point.  Arguing over where Dick Campbell is.

As for any potential appointment of him…very wrong move for both parties.  The shortest of short term measures.  If we failed to win promotion and still had Dick Campbell in charge, f**k knows where we’d go from there.

Magaluf, maybe, for an indeterminate time.

29 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Only if he doesn,t want the job ;)

So how come you know so much about dick Campbell's whereabouts? You his wife or something? Is that him away to Spain for another go on the karaoke? Honestly just fucking shut up about dick fucking Campbell ya arsehole. 

So how come you know so much about dick Campbell's whereabouts? You his wife or something? Is that him away to Spain for another go on the karaoke? Honestly just fucking shut up about dick fucking Campbell ya arsehole. 

Big fan of this.

So we, the fans, are again being treated like mushrooms again (kept in the dark and fed s**t)

Surely our condescending BofD could at the VERY least give us some indication of how things are going?

Yeah, too much to ask, I suppose.

STOP PRESS: Just seen the Bronze Bar photo.....we can live in hope DC

stays oot there.

Edited by Wee Sandy

So we, the fans, are again being treated like mushrooms again (kept in the dark and fed s**t)
Surely our condescending BofD could at the VERY least give us some indication of how things are going?
Yeah, too much to ask, I suppose.

STOP PRESS: Just seen the Bronze Bar photo.....we can live in hope DC
stays oot there.

What do you want them to come out and say, exactly?

39 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

What do you want them to come out and say, exactly?

Maybe some indication of how things are going and when we might expect to hear something about when the post might be filled, this week ? Particularly in light of all the unrest and speculation we are having to put up with again.

This is like a re run of the pantomime we had last year with a large number of fans saying, "anyone but Locke". I would hope that in light of that experience, and the cries against Dick Campbell they might give us some indication of how things were. That is, of course, my opinion.

We'll see.

So my understanding of this situation is....some people like the idea of dick....some don't like the idea of dick....I have never been keen on the idea of dick but I suppose u never know, next year at this time...after a successful season we might all be lovers of dick.